Thread: no more license

Veteran

no more license

some guy in minnesota decided to see what his honda cbr1000rr would do... got caught at 205mph.... how long til he gets a license again?!?

mike

Re:

lol, the Judge is going to have a field day on him

I bet you he can't get a M class liscence again in that state.
    "He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools" -Confucius

Veteran
    did not have a motorcycle license either....

story...

mike

JDRF "Racing for a Cure" Deadlymaxx's Avatar
    Here in PA if you get caught doing double the speed limit its a automatic 1 year (I think) and 6 points on your licence. I am not positive but you lose 1 point per year there after. Not just that, but for him trying to get insurance again is going to be nearly impossible

Re: no more license

Originally posted by somoney2
    some guy in minnesota decided to see what his honda cbr1000rr would do... got caught at 205mph.... how long til he gets a license again?!?

mike
    #1 reason I wont get a bike, cause I would kill myself doing exactly that! I love speed and quickness and any bike would hurt me Ill stick to my WS7's and a C-5 once in a while........Heck Ill go to the go-cart track and have some fun too

Veteran
    last story did not work... try this one...

story

mike

Veteran
    tony1034 wanted on of those bikes if i remember rightly. it wasnt tony on a test run was it?

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    riding like an idiot is optional

though I don't see what they were doing wrong
    Just a little rippin in the middle of nowhere (or reports would have had them recklessly weaving in traffic endangering innocent bystanders, bla bla)

Mike, can you paste the story in here, it's making everyone register to see it
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Hmm. the first link, said I had to register, but not the second.

I don't see the harm if you roads truely open. Its the guys who do that down the **** shoulder, in traffic.

I bet he'll smile when he gets to tell people he got the highest speeding ticket in Minnesoda, while hes on the bus.

Veteran
    originally posted by St. Paul Pioneer Press

205 mph earns biker citation

Speeding ticket may be Minnesota record

BY HANK SHAW

Pioneer Press

Al Loney couldn't believe his stopwatch.

The Minnesota State Patrol pilot had been flying near Wabasha on Saturday afternoon, watching a pair of motorcycles racing each other along U.S. 61. When one of the bikes accelerated dramatically, Loney was ready — clicking his stopwatch when the cycle reached a white marker painted on the roadside.

A quarter-mile later, he clicked it again. It read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be an astonishing 205 mph.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney said. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

The bike was moving nearly twice as fast as Loney's airplane. After about three-quarters of a mile, the biker slowed to about 100 mph and let the other cycle catch up. By then Loney had radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two over soon afterward.

The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider, 20-year-old Stillwater resident Samuel Armstrong Tilley, for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license — and driving 140 miles per hour over the posted speed limit of 65 mph.

Several law enforcement sources said Tilley might have set the record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history.

No comprehensive records are kept, but a search of speeding tickets written by state troopers, who patrol most of the state's highways, between 1990 and February 2004 shows the next fastest ticket was for 150 mph in 1994 in Lake of the Woods County.

Tilley, the son of a Washington County sheriff's deputy, did not return calls to his home Monday.

Few vehicles can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph. Only a handful of cars, such as the Dodge Viper, the Porsche Carrera and several Lamborghinis, can hit the 200 mark. But many of the so-called "crotch rocket" motorcycles popular with young men can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can top 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said.

State trooper Steve Stromback, one of the officers who arrested Tilley, said the biker was taking part in the semi-annual Flood Run, a motorcycle rally that started in Hudson, Wis. The ride, in which thousands of bikers participate, raised money for the Gillette Children's hospital this year.

Stromback said most of the participants obey the law, but added that police cited another eight bikers for driving more than 100 mph last weekend. Speed demons show up every year, Stromback said, which is why the State Patrol had aircraft and extra troopers in the area.

Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death riding at such a velocity.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."

Staff writer Rick Linsk contributed to this report. Hank Shaw can be reached at hshaw@pioneerpress.com or 651-228-5257

He must have a fast flying Guardian Angel, chances are he really don't know how to "ride". I've seen alot of guys hit a straight stretch and open it up.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

must have a few mod to done to it to reach 200+

a nice ticket nonetheless

let me guess, he wasnt wearing a helmet
    -Crash

Prob. T-Shirt and Jeans.

What gets me is guys riding downtown with thier helmets perched ontop of thier heads, not snugged down. I always think they are so close to being safer, just pull it down dopey.

thats my state!

dang just think about how fast that is. everything would just be a big blurr. and on a bike!

lol just amagine a 240mph f1 or maybe that 250 plus linginfelter corvette! that would have given that cop a wake up.
    ~Eddy

Crotchrockets are insanely fast. I don't think a Ligenfelter could do 204.

it is one of the fastest cars around. i know crotchrockets are too fast for there own good but lingenfelters vette is fast.

let me get a link for you.
    ~Eddy

excuse me i meant the callaway vette not the lingenfelter. my bad

it was driven by lingenfelter....

here is a link link
    ~Eddy

Originally posted by imaxx21
    must have a few mod to done to it to reach 200+
    Maybe not, a buddy of mine was on a ride and a guy that he was riding with blew by him. When they got down the road a few miles and pulled over at a gas station, the boy hit a button that showed top speed for that trip and my buddy said it read 184. The stretch of road they were on I'm surprised he was able to reach that speed. The new Honda 1000's will stretch their legs quite well. That's exactly why Honda built the 1000 this year after getting smoked by the Suzuki 1000 last year in the AMA Superbike series.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

I seem to remeber hearing that the speedo's on those things get way off after 160 mph.

Originally posted by razor-net
    Ligenfelters are sweet. but... these are my fav. vettes.

http://www.motorsporttech.com/print/...rochure01.html
    http://www.motorsporttech.com/media/..._9-98-145.mpeg
    not bad at all!

i love crotchrockets.
    ~Eddy

Veteran
    Originally posted by razor-net
    I seem to remeber hearing that the speedo's on those things get way off after 160 mph.
    they will be way off if you bother to look at them at those speeds... i used to love winding up my bike on the way out to phoenix and havasu... but when i was wound out in 5th or 6th, there is no way i was looking down at the speedo... one of those truck tires that deconstructed will ruin your whole day at 150+

mike

Ive been to some scary high speeds in car but never hit 200. 165 was the best Id done and it was a one time deal. I keep it between 75 and 85 now.
    UE Bigblock truck.....Dace Small block truck
    "Some people are like Slinkies , Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

you dont need any mods to go 200 on a bike. the yamaha R6,http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...a_yzf-r6.aspx, that thing does 206 or so. and thats only 600! the R1,http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...ha_yzf-r1.aspx , that does really freakin fast. i have a lot of vids ppl doing stunt riding, their cool and look fun. i have one where a guy is going down a freeway and starts a wheelie going 90 and buts it down at 115. it's an awsome video. if i knew how to put it on here i would. i cant wait to get an R1!!!

Steven
    friends dont let friends drive fords

"We're on a mission from God" badandy's Avatar
    Originally posted by duneatic
    you dont need any mods to go 200 on a bike. the yamaha R6,http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...a_yzf-r6.aspx, that thing does 206 or so. and thats only 600! the R1,http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...ha_yzf-r1.aspx , that does really freakin fast. i have a lot of vids ppl doing stunt riding, their cool and look fun. i have one where a guy is going down a freeway and starts a wheelie going 90 and buts it down at 115. it's an awsome video. if i knew how to put it on here i would. i cant wait to get an R1!!!

Steven
    I worked at a motorcycle dealership which carried all of the Jap brands available. Not be be a jerk but there has not been a R6 produced by Yamaha that will do over 200 or anywhere close.

You definately need mods on a Honda 1000 to do 205 and some fairly serious ones at that as the coefficient of drag at those speeds is much greater than those of a sports car traveling the same speed (Vette, Viper, etc.).....and the Honda 1000 is not 200mph capable.....take a look see for yourself as the info is easily available.

Originally posted by duneatic

Steven

yeah right

the Busa is the only stocker to hit 200, and its not avail. in the states
    -Crash

HITMAN
    Yep noway an R6 will hit 200, i know i had one lol, Also that guy was on an RC51, that bike stock on its best day might hit 175, 180.I think if that is even true that to an extent , that cop is full of crap or had a glitchy radar, The busa is in the states, but they put a limiter on it so it cant hit 200 from the factory, not sure if thats what u meant imaxx21.

I think the article said he used stopwatch and calculator (very innacurate).

yeah from an airplane...
    -Crash

whatever i have videos and know many ppl that have gone to MMI and have bikes, but whatever either way that is still fast and looks really fun. i cant wait to get the R1!!!

Steven

well actually i had vids dont know if i still do. i have some of R1's.
    friends dont let friends drive fords

Busa is in the states.

Seen one do a wheelie from 40mph to 140mph then peg the 200mph speedo and kept revving another 2-3k rpms.

But that Corvette Vid was sweet.

My Dad had a 2002 Corvette Few bolt ons. 53mph in 1st gear!

Stupid Civics with fart cans would always try to race us...
    Needless to say they lost...BAD
    I bleed blue.

Thread Information