Thread: What Happens to "Upgrade" Returns, Robin?

What Happens to "Upgrade" Returns, Robin?

I've been reading about how you can upgrade thru UE by sending in your old stuff (i.e., WideTrack) when buying newer/better/more expensive items (i.e. Racer-X).

What do you do with the old stuff, Robin? I never see you selling anything on your used/trade board.

Wanna clear out some 6-spiders that someone traded for 8-spiders? Tranny gears??

Wondering/hoping....

Dean

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    I've actually got some bulks and diffs here I've been thinking about selling...
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

any C5 rodys layin around......
    -Crash

Well as the instigator of this, I think you should send me a set of diffs as a reward for prompting you to make some $$ & clear out your junk bins!!

Seriously, I'm OK on bulks, but I've been looking for a great deal on your 6-spider diffs (ore 8-spider, but I'm on a budget!!). Lemme know what you have/want, and I'll jump all over it!!

Thanks!!

Dean

BULKS

Ga bulks? 7075? Interesting.
    nitro or nothing

lol. I can see it now.

UE Certified Used Parts

hehe heh. (Wives scream in terror of lame excuses for purchasing more UE stuff)
    "He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools" -Confucius

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    Originally posted by razor-net
    lol. I can see it now.
    UE Certified Used Parts
    And that's exactly why I don't do it.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Originally posted by MonsterMaxx
    Sell the stuff with no warranty. It would prolly be too time consuming but ya could have Monkey Nutz mark all the major parts some how.
    UE Bigblock truck.....Dace Small block truck
    "Some people are like Slinkies , Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

You know I saw on the news yesterday that now there are E-Bay stores. You just drop your stuff off and they determine its value (I guess you could probably tell them what you wanted) and they do all the rest... How lazy do you have to be to not even put your own stuff up on e-bay? haha.
    -Brandin

Veteran
    wouldnt selling the used parts make other UE parts less valuable?
    I mean, it seems like he probably makes more money by selling someone a new part than sell someone a used one while letting the new ones sit on the shelf...

I maybe wrong, but it only makes logical sense to me.

yea but someone who dont have the money to buy ue, would buy other generic brand, but if you sold used stuff, they would buy ue.

Originally posted by MonsterMaxx
    I'm a little confused. The reason you don't do it is because(seriously I just don't know, not being sarcastic or anything)?
    "He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools" -Confucius

Originally posted by bnorthro
    You know I saw on the news yesterday that now there are E-Bay stores. You just drop your stuff off and they determine its value (I guess you could probably tell them what you wanted) and they do all the rest... How lazy do you have to be to not even put your own stuff up on e-bay? haha.
    actually someone here in town does that now. they already have their own 'store' where she sells things, but also will sell RC's. like deal with packing, shipping/handling, payment, pics, and fleabay. she takes 5-10 percent if it sells for what they wanted or less, and more if it goes for more.

i would rather get ripped off by ebay and not pay to be lazy. lazyness is expensive. lol
    Brain: Promise me something, Pinky. Never breed.

Veteran
    just sell it on ebay. could be good extra money to build new stuff.
    sell it as it and forget about certifying it.

UK SuperMaxxer !!!
    Robin said why he doesn't do it, because it won't be "UE certified". Everything robin turns out has met his very stringent quality controls and he is happy and confident to put his name and reputation behind his products. If he started peddling 2nd hand stuff that he got on upgrade then who knows what condition it is in. It might look ok, but what if it breaks within five mins? That isn't robin's fault, he sure doesn't have the time to sift through everything and check it is ok before selling it.

Personally, I think Robin does people a great favour in accepting second hand stuff on upgrade, even from other manufacturers. I do think, however, that he should sell it on for the benefit of those who can't yet afford new UE parts. The main factor though is time, he could easily throw stuff on the forum with a description and a warning about sold as seen, no warrantee, etc etc. But when is he gonna do this? By the sounds of it he already works 25 hour days

Disco

Robin,

If you have stuff that's used, but in working condition, I'd unload it. Money is money and if it helps you build or design new products, then great! I don't think anyone here would complain if you sold $3,000 worth of used parts, so you could let's say, buy some raw material to pump out Razor chassis's and braces . I've been slowly cleaning up my R/C stash pile and my PayPal account has grown significantly! .....which reminds me, time to start a new for sale thread ....lol

But seriously, have one of the other guys you work with/work for you, sell the stuff for ya. This way it won't be coming from you and they can probably use PayPal, as I know you curse it....lol

Best regards,
    Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC
    http://www.tonysscrews.com

Thread Information