Thread: 4 U Bikers...

4 U Bikers...

For the brave....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom...

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    Having been nibbled on by spikes (sled, 2" carbid tiped) I can say that those are not friendly looking
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Yikes, Ill stick with my sled
    UE Bigblock truck.....Dace Small block truck
    "Some people are like Slinkies , Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Imagine hitting an animal in the road with them tires ....LOL

Theres nothing scarier than riding a sportbike and hitting snow or ice

I rode my 93 CBR600F2 all year round (back in 1993), because my car at the time died. I bought a one piece ski suit to wear. The gloves I got are from Europe that blow away anything you can buy here in the US. They are thin, light but warmer than anything I've ever seen. I actually wore them yesterday in the 10* (windchill -12*) weather, snow-blowing my driveway .

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC
    http://www.tonysscrews.com

No thanks!

I will stick to DRY roads, thank you! Actually, I would settle for just having my bike fixed again!

Too make matters more interesting, that big gixxer 1K makes a smooth 152hp stock at the rear wheel. Gives my healthily modded 929 a run for it's money totally stock. Too bad it's not a honda.

Oh Wolfs, nice pic by the way

My 94 CBR900RR was 457lbs w/ a full tank of fuel, and 113.8 Hp at the rear wheel, bone stock.

After my mods its 430lbs w/ a full tank and dynoed rear wheel Hp is at 125.4

I've been eyeing up the new 2004 CBR1000RR. It looks wicked. I want it in all black. Honda should finally de-thrown the R1 and GSXR1000

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC

When the CBR600RR came out, it weighed 30 lbs. more than the ZX6R and R6. Let's hope the CBR1000RR doesnt follow suit. I read www.roadracingworld.com almost every day and in early testing, Ben Bostrom can't say enough about his new ride. 192 mph at Daytona. Estimated 215 HP.

JDRF "Racing for a Cure" Deadlymaxx's Avatar
    192 mph at Daytona. Estimated 215 HP
    Thats just sick ~

You should watch GP. Those guys were over 200 mph this year at phillip island. Those guys are borderline retarded.

JDRF "Racing for a Cure" Deadlymaxx's Avatar
    Those guys are borderline retarded.

lol

Ya, 1000rr will be nice. I'd love one if it wasn't so ugly... lol Just not into the front lower on it. In black it looks pretty good but that line where the mid meets the lower has got to go. It'll be heavier. Not sure how much but it will gain weight over the 929/954. It has to do with the swingarm design and the fact that they are going back to frame mounted swingarms. Pro-link rear suspension adds a secondary link to remove unwanted suspension energy from the frame so the rider has better "feel" for what the rear is doing. No upper shock mount to the frame. Slick design. It won't make class leading hp either. I think the new ZX10 will. I know my buddies 636 makes nice power. I think it dyno'd on a local dyno (that breaks hearts for low readings. '03 GSXR 1K only made 144) @ 107.6 or so in a 355lb dry weight. Bike rips. So kawi can make some power. Always have. Just always weighed a ton. The new R1 and Gixxer 1K should be about neck and neck along with the honda. Betting the honda WILL be the most refined of the bunch though.

192 and 215hp is nothing compared to MGP. 211v/Duck test is making like 240+ at the rear wheel with a ready to ride weight of like 380 or so with fuel with fuel. Silly hp. I had heard they were trying to get the Daytona race cancelled. Not a real road course and dunlop can't make a tire hold up for poop. Desalvo had a rear go during the first day and someone else the 2nd so dunlop pulled the plug on it's 3 day test. Mladin was crying like normal.

My 929 is 392lbs with fuel making about 140@ the rear wheel. I think there are some more hp under there but I haven't had time to really get it tuned since I dropped my full arata on there. Does well. Can't beat a honda for fit and finish as well as being totally refined in everything it does.

That new ZX10 sounds pretty cool-I read that it's got a slipper clutch. You're right about fit and finish on Honda bikes, they are nice. And Mladin can cry all he wants to, I'm sick and tired of having an Australian AMA Superbike champion.

Its hard to believe my bike is 10 years old

Not quite as fast as these new bikes today, but for its time, it sure did change the sportbike world .

I figure after 10 years I'm ready for a new one. Now I just gotta figure out how to convince the wifey-poo ....LOL .

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    If I get an organ donar it's either going to be the 999 or the Aprilla.

As it is now, the V is already too fast. Went on errends yesterday, hit 100+ 3x.

My right wrist has no sense.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

My co-workers friend builds sport bike motors. He tests a lot of parts for the race teams. Every year he goes to Daytona for the horsepower shoot out. Last year he made 425hp on a bad tune with no nitrous. Next year he plans on getting well over 500hp. Its sick, especially where he rides the bike. Before his last bike was stolen it hit 232 mph on the honda test oval. He is an evil genious.
    UE Bigblock truck.....Dace Small block truck
    "Some people are like Slinkies , Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

New aprilia certainly is nice. I saw ktm is also about ready to release an exotic. Pretty interesting ride. Hard to pass on a Duck though. Nice 999R wouldn't hurt my feelings.

now thats what im talkin about. just look at the traction. sick. id like to set my 12 up like that.lol

I rode a zx12. The green one. Left a big on my face. Something about 164hp that's tough to beat. New 636 rips too. Kawi does make some honking motors that is for sure. I really like that blue. Almost bought a '99 zx9r that same color. Looks way better in person too. Pics just don't do it justice.

How you liking the 12 Aldo (minus the 0* weather and snow we have)??? lol

Veteran

Busa

There is only one king of the mountain Al ,My BUSA .All you guys with your heavily modded bikes,Bring it on.Suzuki will be king of the mountain for a long time.Pretty soon Al,,,,,hit 40 degrees today & almost thought about taking the hyabusa out for a run ,,lol.All serious though guys,everybody has their own preference.Main thing is to ride safe,alot of cagers around who don't watch.Later

now this is different... bigenginltlman's Avatar
    Suzuki makes some nice bikes. But mudrat, I wouldn't mess with this guy my brother's friends with. Modded Ducati. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!
    Canchito

The Maxx...Those tires at 40 series...Frozen lake...Ice fishing...Fish corraling! ...I know I know You might be a redneck if...lol

Veteran

hyabusa

I hear ya about the ducati,they make some awesome bikes.A different bike than my hyabusa though.A 162rwhp dynoed & 189.90mph is pretty hard to beat with any bike.Alot of nice bikes out,but I love my BUSA

Thread Information