Thread: My angry muggy build

My angry muggy build

Hi guys i have always wanted to build a muggy and i finally found one brand new in the box on the bay so i snapped it up. I have a heap of parts coming in for it over the next month so i will post an update when it all gets here but it will be brushless. i will be using an innovative rc chassis, RC monsther conversion, 1717 on 6s.

Stay tuned!!
    BIG HORSEPOWER=BIG CUBIC INCHES=BIG DOLLARS

Didn't know that truck. Looks cool.

Didn't know Innovative RC either. I noticed they have a "Losi E-Muggy Chassis made from 4mm 6082-T6 (21.5% stronger than 7075-O)". Wouldn't that be easier instead of having to get a RCM conversion kit too?:

Thats nice--how much it run you?
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

A buddy that is racing this year has that set up ill get a pic for ya when I goer home
    you know ur to old when u start running electric

pic if it

Nice one John. I would love to beat one of those beasts. Looking forward to see what you will do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumleguf
    Didn't know that truck. Looks cool.

Didn't know Innovative RC either. I noticed they have a "Losi E-Muggy Chassis made from 4mm 6082-T6 (21.5% stronger than 7075-O)". Wouldn't that be easier instead of having to get a RCM conversion kit too?:

Hi mate innovative rc only sell the chassis you still need to get the RCM motor mount and battery tray. Its all been ordered the chassis is about 3 weeks away and the RCM parts about 2 weeks away

Looks great John! I had always wondered about these muggies. I did not know Team Losi were the manufacturer. Those shocks are huge! It's gonna be a weapon on 6S with a 1717!

It is the same shocks as on the LST trucks. I used to have a converted Aftershock, and it is the best performing monster I have had. I bet the Muggy drives even better. Those shocks just suck up every bump in the way.

You can see the difference in the size of the shocks here, compared to a Powerstroke and a Savage Flux shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    Thats nice--how much it run you?
    It was 450+shipping on ebay. I bought another one and it was total junk. I would say ebay or rctech are the best places to pick one up

That seams like a good deal for brand new truck I really like them

I love my original LST--that thing is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by Ztater
    That seams like a good deal for brand new truck I really like them
    Doing my research i have been looking at some old threads and its like UE all over again. The muggies were being sold used for $70 plush shipping when losi released their buggies and truggies, now the price has crept back up.

The other truck i bought off ebay was 550 shipped and was total junk. I ended up buying it because he was the only seller that would ship outside the US. I tried contacting other sellers and they would either not get back to me or refused to ship over seas

I was going to on sell the junk truck when it got here but i couldnt do it. The chassis was bent, it had been in a bad crash, ran at the beach in its last outing and not cleaned after so everything was rusting and seized. I managed to salvage the diffs and shocks which need to be rebuilt anyway, two shock springs, a couple of chassis plates, the steering setup, and the castor hubs and axle carriers. Everything else ended up in the bin. I have sent a message to the seller in hopes we can come to an arrangement before i leave him negative feedback. I will give him a week, so far no response

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    I love my original LST--that thing is a beast
    These share a lot of parts if you wanted to convert you would need the steering setup, chassis, shock towers and bottom mounts, centre diff, radio tray, and the shocks if you wanted to be exact. Apparently the LST are a few mm longer. The diffs and housings are the same but the ring and pinion gears are different, not that it would make much or a difference. Do you have any hopups on your LST or any spares. I am looking for some new era front and rear axle carriers?

I just got the alum diffs in it thats about it, all other stuff is stock and its a beast--original motor and all lol, when the motor goes Ill get a big red 28 for it. I want to get the new xxl-2 with the new gas motor on it!!!

Yeah it looks really cool. I was looking at their new WRC car and its fuel injection??? I would like to see how it actually works.

So what is it that makes these muggies so tough? To me, except for probably the diffs, it does not look all that different to my OFNA Dominator. Every person that I see speak of the muggy, especially over at BYT state that it is the toughest truck they have ever driven.

My toughest truck(s) are the few different truggies I've owned. Aside from an arm here or there they take a beating, and I am by no means easy on a truck. Lol

I've heard and read the same on the muggy, and the short time I owned a LST2 it was the same. Beyond tough!!
    -Chris

Well as this is my first time owning one i cant really comment but from the research i have done obviously there will be no problem with diffs and shafts. The shocks are huge and the shock shafts are quite big as well so very tough and absorb bumps very very well. Everything else seems to be over engineered so it just lasts. The onlu upgrades i am doing are the chassis, and the c hubs if i can find a pair

Thread Information