Thread: MBX6T Conversion build

MBX6T Conversion build

Santa left me an electric conversion kit for my Mugen under the tree, I am ready to start another build. I need to order up a motor and speed control for it and was looking for some advice from the experts here. My Maxx is my first electric rc I have had, always ran nitro in the past. Any advice for picking a good combo for this build either Tekin or Castle, sensor or sensorless and kv for the motor is appreciated. I already have the castle programmer on my laptop and the field card thing but seems a lot of these builds are using Tekin combos.

Do you intend to race it and what voltage do you want to run
    BIG HORSEPOWER=BIG CUBIC INCHES=BIG DOLLARS

If you're going to race 4s, I would do this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-2000kV
    http://www.nitrohouse.com/Tekin-18-R...m_p_16055.html

If you're going to bash, it matters a lot less.
    - Eric -

It will be raced, short rough track conditions. I will need to look at our club rules, nitro and electric truggys are ran in the same class due to being a small club. I was thinking either 4s or 5s.

OK, i checked the rules for the local club and 4s it is. I guess i can go either way with the motor combo listed above, 4s for the track and 5s for ripping around the house. Anyone else have any suggestions or go with the Tekin/rx8 setup at 2000kv?

Mines for bashing but I got a mamba monster esc and the turnigy 2100kv 4 pole motor from hobby king... Haven't got a chance to run it yet. Since the motor and batts are still in the mail ugh
    -Chris

I used to race mine and ran a castle 2200kv setup on 4s geared for 40mph. It ran very well. I have recently built a new race truck but as my work conditions have changed it is now another bash rig. I wanted to try something new and run a Tekin 1700kv motor and esc on 6s. They are both really good setups and you will be happy with either one. The user interface is much easier on the castle esc than the tekin. What are the other guys at your club running. What motor and esc.
    BIG HORSEPOWER=BIG CUBIC INCHES=BIG DOLLARS

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYEVO8
    I used to race mine and ran a castle 2200kv setup on 4s geared for 40mph. It ran very well. I have recently built a new race truck but as my work conditions have changed it is now another bash rig. I wanted to try something new and run a Tekin 1700kv motor and esc on 6s. They are both really good setups and you will be happy with either one. The user interface is much easier on the castle esc than the tekin. What are the other guys at your club running. What motor and esc.
    Hypothetically WAS much easier on the castle.

Tekin has released the android powered setup program, but it only works for certain ESC's right now.
    - Eric -

I have decided to go with the tekin setup, ill get the hotwire to go along with it. At least this gives me a chance to see what program i like better, hotwire or castle link. Now just trying to decide between the 1700kv or 2000kv, what would be the diffrence running 4s at the track or 5s at the house with the diffrent kv motors? Or are they so close that it wont make much diffrence?

Veteran
    Go with the 2000kv. The 1700 will be too slow on 4s. But the the 2000 will be great on 4 or 5s.

Thread Information