Thread: Man Cave/ Workbench Thread pics

Veteran

Man Cave/ Workbench Thread pics

Thought i would start a thread about man caves. Mine will be going under construction in 2 weeks.
    RespiroGrafx

Veteran
    Works well for me.
    TV, mini fridge, PC off to the right. Drill press, grinder etc to the left. Tapped into the washer supply/drain and added another laundry tub for washing parts also. Need to add some heat for the winter months but stays nice and cool in the summer.

Here is mine from the beginning to the present.

Looks really good Kris. Lot's of stuff there ;o)

Veteran
    Nice looking work bench. I will post mine in a little bit. I am moving; so i will have new increased space.
    RespiroGrafx

Thanks guys, the legs on the bench all have an inch in adjust up and down so you can make it level even if your floor isn't. Also it can be broke down into 4 pieces to make moving it easier. When it was first done I said this is to big as I didn't even have enough stuff to fill the actual bench top. It took less than a year for me to fill it though and outgrow it. Now I'm thinking about building another one

looks more like a shop then a playroom ......
    Will snap some pictures this evening ....

Ralf

Administrator

Looks Practicle

It really looks nice and practicle. I will have to share pics of mine tomorrow when I have time to take some new pics.

I don't have near the collection some of you guys have, but here's my area

Holy curvy panorama fail

-Travis

Looks great Travis. I should have taken newer pic of mine with my new lighting, yours looks well lit. My lighting in the pictures was all over the place and sucked, but I have since replaced all of that and cleaned up all the wiring. What is that dragster hanging on the wall?

Thanks Kris. Its a great work area, plenty of bench space and yes, good lighting. Lighting is a big thing for me, as I hate not being able to see what I'm working on. When I moved into this place, the garage had 4 single ceramic bulb holders in the ceiling and that was it...haha. So, I ripped those down, and up went 6 fluorescent lights & 12 T8 4100 bulbs. I think I'm good to go now. haha

The dragster is a custom project I built from scratch many years ago. It's built of brazed together brake line tubing, with a random carbon fiber pan car front end, and a custom electric motor mount on the back with a solid axle and foam tires. I got it all built, but didn't have the cash for a powerful enough electric motor to really get it going. Now that brushless power is so cheap, I could probably get it going again and really put it to the test. Hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it...we will have to see. The biggest issue is finding somewhere to run it.

Anyways, forgot to post some before pics

When we moved in

-Travis

Veteran
    You guys are way to organized, I don' t function that way at all therefore no pics of my work area. Also blazerss my fridge is full of beer if I'm lucky, usually out of it

Always luv checking out other peoples work zones. Weather all out or just a small corner it's cool to see. This is where I do a bit of everything, not done but getting closer.

I never said i knew how to drive this thing!

Veteran
    Well I don't have nearly the space you guys have but heres my little walk in closet converted to a maxx garage.

and my latest addition a couple weeks ago. An old metal armoir that I cut the bottom back out of and stuffed a little chest of draws into with a shelf above for my roadmaxx. More space for more stuff.

Down stairs in my barn I have a tool and cutter grinding shop where I make my living sharpening and modifying and making specialty cutting tools.

Looks perfect to me. I thought my spot would be way more room than I needed, but it didn't take me long to fill it full of "Stuff". Thats what happens though, no matter how much room you have you will just fill it up and need more.

Nice work area GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by blazerss
    no matter how much room you have you will just fill it up and need more.
    Man if that ain't the truth!!

-Travis

Speaking of having free space, and filling it up...I just spent most of the Labor Day weekend putting a door in towards the yard and cleaning up & organizing the entire garage to free up some space (probably just to fill it back up with more crap! lol).

Before

And after

-Travis

Looks great Travis. I would lave to have a space like that. Just today I am building a Tamiya Fox, and I am filling up have the entire kitchen and the diningroom, so guess I won't be popular around dinnertime

Administrator

Very Nice

Its very nice to see other peoples work spaces no matter how limited that space might be. Love seeing the guys who obviously have OCD. It is so cool to have an organized work area to play in. Hell I have to pack up and move to a new home every three years so keeping a good work space is tough to do, but I am looking forward to our next post so I can change things up a little. Nice work for all of you guys.

My problem is STAYING organized... I seem to get a real good layout going, grab out a project, work some, then get out this and that along with those and these and before I know it Ive pushed all that junk toward the back for something new. Then I get frustrated and leave.

I come back to the shop, spend an hour or two re-organizing it just how I like it and then repeat the cycle.

Wish I had some pics of my basement shop before I moved to this apartment. I had an L shaped bench, 12 feet of bench and pegboard on the left, then into a 2' x 2' sheet of 1/2" thick steel for brazing crawler chassis and such. That moved to a corner section which had bench to ceiling shelving for radio and parts bins. Then down the right stretch another 8 feet of table and pegboard with bigger tools like drill press, grinder, sander, dremel, etc.

Loved that space. Sold a bunch of stuff and now Im down to a 10' x 18' loft for the computer and rc stuff. Bummer. Working on that but can only go so far. Although it is a loft so it naturally gains styling points!
    Official member of the "IDGRA how many posts you have!" club.

Your best teacher is experience. Your best source of information is word of mouth – that is others with hands on experience. -MonsterMaxx

Got the tile work done this weekend in the bathroom in the basement, AKA Man Cave. Shower is in, the toilet is ready to go in, just need to get the sink and stand and that is ready to go in. With a full bathroom I might not ever have to leave the man cave, HAHA.

these are aweful pics of my office/hobby rooms. I haven't set it up or organized it from moving in last year. So I've been using the living room when I'm off work or the garage. It's set up so that my wife can come upstairs with me and we can watch TV while I do my thing. It should be pretty nice once it's all set up and there is stuff on the walls.

Most of my cars that are put together. I need to figure out a way to mount the monster trucks on the wall that is tasteful..

Garage:
    -Neil

I like it, you need a few more RC's though, HAHA. How do you like the Mini 8? Is it as fragile as the mini revo? I couldn't keep those going.

lol. the mini 8ight is amazing. it's in broken now because I ran up under someones slash at the track at the end of the straightaway. I broke the front diff case but that about it. I did break the hingepins blocks at one time but they are replaced with the aluminum ones now. I really like that car though. I put touring car wheels on it and do a little drifting. it seems like it's a much more stout platform than the merv
    -Neil

I built a nice work bench for my r/c stuff a few years back. My wife is in to wood burning and did the UE logo on the top of the bench. It turned out really nice.

Thats awesome, good job!

Some random pictures i took of my bike build are really the only ones i have that shows my man cave. Its too small but has a toilet and sink so i can stay down there all day! I rotate one of the hotrods in and out of my 28' race trailer to make room for projects in the summer and store one of the cars in the trailer for winter time. This keeps the wife happy so she can park in the shop out of the snow during winter time. One more kid out of the house in a year or two and my wife and i will be buying a smaller house with plans for a 40X60 shop with heated concrete floor in the future.

The rc stuff is on the upper shelfs just out of the picture on the left. Bad thing is i usually work on the rc's inside the house at the kitchen table lol.

Thread Information