Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proline Powerstroke Shock BLING Anyone?

Thanks again guys, a few more pics.

So shiny and perdy...

Now with some of these polished up I think these shocks look killer. If these Revo ones fit??

Nice work Kris!

I'm lovin the orange springs with the polished look.

-Travis

I polished mine too. You got to work on those shocks. Those little pieces are hard to hold onto while polishing. Yours look great Kris.

Thanks everybody, I took an old shock body and assembled the parts onto it and used that to hold onto to polish these little parts up. Then for some of the pieces I took an old tmaxx bumper and screwed a screw into one of the ends of the bars and used that to mount parts to so I had something to hold onto. The first cap I did I couldn't feel my finger tips afterwards because they got burnt. This worked much better.

Brokenmaxx is right though, this takes some work. I have about an hour in each shock so far. Of course I'm about the slowest at everything I do, so it wouldn't surprise me if everyone else can complete this job much quicker.

Joe, I ordered some of those Friday, so they should be here early this week and I will let yall know. Almost positive they will work, and at less than $20 shipped for 4, I couldn't come close to the price if I were to make them so this will be the cheapest route if it works out.

Feeding the Addiction
    This is what mine ended up looking like so far. I'm not very good at polishing though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those look just as good as mine Kalebtalon, I can see your reflection in the spring separator

Quote Originally Posted by blazerss
    I took an old shock body and assembled the parts onto it and used that to hold onto to polish these little parts up.
    haha this is exactly what I did Made it much easier to hold on to, and didn't get so hot, so fast.

Anyways, nice work guys! They all look great! These shocks just look killer all polished up!

I'll most likely have to be getting myself a set of the spring retainers Joe posted as well. Post some pics of yours when you get them installed, Kris

-Travis

Ok guys, got the lower spring retainers today and sorry to say that it is not a perfect fit. These aluminum pieces don't fit around the powerstroke shock shaft. They will fit around the very end of the threaded portion of the shock shaft though. I think this is something I can fix at work pretty easily. I had a little operation this morning, so I won't be back to work until later this week. Once I get back I can modify these a bit and I think they will work just fine. If this something you guys want, but you don't feel you can modify them yourself, it is something that I will offer to the guys that have bought and or are going to buy the spring separators from me at no additional cost other than the cost of the spring retainers themselves (I paid $17.67 shipped for mine) and shipping to you. Shipping wouldn't be any extra if you were to buy them all together and I can ship them in the same package. Give me a a little while though to get back to work and figure these out.

Pics of what I used to help in polishing. It is just a plastic maxx bumper. I cut one of the bars down to give me some room. This works perfect to screw small parts to to help you hold them when polishing. Being plastic it doesn't let the screw back out as aluminum might and it doesn't get hot like aluminum does.

Great news Kris, thanks for the update. I can't wait to see them installed!

Hope everything went smoothly, and that you recover quickly from your operation

-Travis

Thanks Travis, nothing too major, just had 2 cyst removed from my head. Both were about marble size. Been there for 6+ years, but at the end of this year my insurance is changing and it will cost a lot more for me to have this done, so figured the time is now. Plus I needed a few days off from work, HAHA.

Administrator

Me Too

I had that done a few years ago. It only took a few minutes to complete, but I had a real headache for two days, and the tention from stretching the skin back together made the area sensitive for about a year. Now you would be hard pressed to even know that it was done. Its all good.

The polishing detail you guys are showing off looks great. It is not easy to dedicate that kind of time to making parts shiny, but it's worth it in the long run. Great work guys.

Hope you feel better in a hurry and it was a good idea to get it done now with your insurance changing.

I already ordered some of the spring retainers and it sounds like a little widening of the slot should do the trick if it is just the shaft thickness is too big.

Never thought some old PowerStrokes could look so good!

They sure are a beautiful shock when done up like this!

Now I just wish I could get a rebuild kit for mine...they're leaking around the shock shaft

And I haven't even run the truck yet. So they'll be a mess when I do!

-Travis

Thanks Joe, I'm feeling fine so far, just taking it easy. Yea I think once the slot is widened it will work fine.

Travis, how many rebuild kits do you need?

Best Wishes Kris get well soon.
    Thank`s for sharing

Yeah we all need a few days off from work don't we

Well I hope your recovery is as painless as possible, and that you can use some of your time away from work doing whatever you please

I just have the one set of shocks I bought from you. So enough to rebuild 4 is really all I would need.

I already scavenged the best of what I had from the seals out of the 4 bypass shocks, and the 4 I polished...but they still ended up leaky.

-Travis

Thanks Speeder and Travis.

Well Travis since I did sell you your powerstrokes I feel like I need to make them right. I never noticed them leaking on my bench at all, but I never ran them and can't even confirm if they were full of oil or not so I certainly wouldn't be able to say if they were or weren't leaking some.

Each package will rebuild 2 shocks, so this will cover 4 for you.

I will send you a PM for your shipping info again and I will get them in the mail to you.

Veteran
    Ok guys, got the lower spring retainers today and sorry to say that it is not a perfect fit. These aluminum pieces don't fit around the powerstroke shock shaft. They will fit around the very end of the threaded portion of the shock shaft though. I think this is something I can fix at work pretty easily. I had a little operation this morning, so I won't be back to work until later this week. Once I get back I can modify these a bit and I think they will work just fine. If this something you guys want, but you don't feel you can modify them yourself, it is something that I will offer to the guys that have bought and or are going to buy the spring separators from me at no additional cost other than the cost of the spring retainers themselves (I paid $17.67 shipped for mine) and shipping to you. Shipping wouldn't be any extra if you were to buy them all together and I can ship them in the same package. Give me a a little while though to get back to work and figure these out.

Pics of what I used to help in polishing. It is just a plastic maxx bumper. I cut one of the bars down to give me some room. This works perfect to screw small parts to to help you hold them when polishing. Being plastic it doesn't let the screw back out as aluminum might and it doesn't get hot like aluminum does.

You have to use revo shock ends with the spring retainer. You can get aluminum ones as well.

Thanks Kris, that is very kind of you. I appreciate it very much!

I definitely didn't mean to make it sound like you sold me defective shocks, so I apologize if it came out that way. I completely understand that shocks wear out, and I assumed from the beginning that they would need rebuilt. I just never thought of the limited availability for rebuild kits, given that the shocks are discontinued.

Anyways I am very grateful for your offer to send me enough to rebuild the shocks I am using. I'll get back to your PM as well! Thanks again sir!

-Travis

Mothman, I bought the aluminum spring retainers for revo shocks made by GH racing. These didn't fit around the shock shaft of the powerstroke shocks. Shouldn't be too hard to fix with a pass of the end mill though.

No problem Travis. I didn't think you were complaining about it at all, but I want to help you get these perfect. After all you bought the shocks from me and then supported my venture with these aluminum pieces, so I feel its the least I could do for you.

Ok guys got started messing with the lower retainers today. Started off by re-drilling the center of the retainer with a #22 drill bit on the lathe. This ensured center and gave me a good guideline for the next step. Next, I wanted to run an endmill through the slot to open it up, but I just couldn't come up with a good way to hold the retainer securely and still be able to get the endmill through the slot and keep the slot somehow centered so that it didn't turn out sideways after running through it. I think the only real option is to make a jig for it and I just didn't have the time today. So I decided to do it how I didn't want to, but still accomplished the same goal. I just took it to the belt sander and sanded the 2 sides of the slot until they met with the new larger hole created by the #22 drill bit. In the end fit was perfect. Then came time to polish. These retainers come with some sort of anodize on them, so you either need to do the drano soak or just buff it off like I choose to do. I choose this because I didn't know if I would be able to get in all the areas with the buffing wheel. This way I still get everything easily accessible mirror polished ,but all the tough areas stay silver rather than being black or really dull like the drano soak would do. Enough blabbing, PICS.

It looks fantastic. Allways wanted Powerstrokes in silver, as they go much better with the rest of the alu parts imo. Now we just need to see these mounted up on your Gorilla

ooh myy...I must have me a set of the retainers!

-Travis

Administrator

Any Left?

hey Kris do you have any of these custom made spring spacers left? If so shoot me an email.

You have a message Jerry. I have sold out of these pieces though.

Administrator

Dammed Shame

You have a message Jerry. I have sold out of these pieces though.

Well that's a dammed shame. If you know anyone wanting to get rid of them please let me know.

Ok guys, I have been getting request here and there for more of these pieces. I'm wanting to see how much interest there is in more. If you want a set post up in this thread, or send me a PM. Price will be the same $50 per set shipped. If your buying more than one set I will adjust the price some for you. As you all might know I have the transmission adapters going as we speak, so this is a ways off, just trying to see how many sets are really wanted so I can decide if I can do another run.

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    In the course of my 'pre-owned' search I found a complete set of PL shocks new in the package. What's something like this worth? Should I keep them or let someone use them?

The outside of the package is dusty & icky as all get out, but once you open the package it's pristine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

I would say keep them and run them on a race truck and see how you like them if you have never run a set. I love the way the react on my runner. They aren't for bashing and huge jumps, but they perform very well for what they were intended for.

The last new set on Ebay sold for $215 to give you an idea on price.

I Have had a few new sets myself.

Administrator

Two Sets Please

Well even though you & I have already spoke about this I thought I would add my name to the UE Forum list for two sets of these spacers. Thank you Kris.

Veteran
    I do think they are tough. Super think shafts. With proper oil weight and springs they make good jumping shocks. Race tracks provide huge jumps often times BTW. They are so rare that it would be a shame to wreck them. Might be better not to. I ran mine

-Zack

I have made another run of these pieces.

I can no longer send or receive PM's through this forum, so if you are interested please post here in this thread or contact me through email if you already have my address. I'm not sure if I will ever get use of the PM back again or if this is permanent, but I will let yall know if this changes.

Sorry guys, but my account on here wasn't working right the last few weeks and I couldn't post anything. Working now though.

I picked these up Saturday. I contacted the people I knew wanted sets through email and Facebook. At this time I only have one set left.

Administrator

Payment Sent

Hey Kris payment has been sent for my two sets. You should have the funds by Wed/22/Jan through our usual method. Thank you sir.

Thread Information