Thread: lining up cvds and setbacks

No Gimmix

lining up cvds and setbacks

has anyone ever ran into a problem lining up cvds on setbacks making ott necessary to notch out the rear knuckle. I thought it was a no nonsense swap but was told different.had anyone else experienced this problem
    life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it-ATTITUDE

I have not had any problems at all. Who told you it was not a direct fit? None of my CVD's have ever hit the knuckle, not even close to having to notch anything.

No Gimmix
    I bought a racer x set from a member of this forum and upon further inspection I noticed a notch dug out of the rear knuckle and was told by the seller that the reason was to line up cvds with setbacks which I don't believe either.I'm not pointing the finger just yet without the chance for him to rectify the situation. seems I was played when you consider what I got for the price I paid-
    , which wouldn't matter had this defect would have been disclosed before the sale will post pics when I get home after 3:30est
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
    I have not had any problems at all. Who told you it was not a direct fit? None of my CVD's have ever hit the knuckle, not even close to having to notch anything.

No Gimmix
    sorry for the double post

Administrator

Confusing

Not sure what the reasoning is for the notch. I have never had any issues switching back & forth from regular racer-X setup to the setbacks. Something sounds off to me. If he is a member on our forum I would suspect that some effort would be provided to make good on any deal made on here. Please try to work things out quietly through PM's and not in a thread on the open forum. Good luck.

Veteran
    Just checked mine, before I go ship my kit to Jb. Mine has like cutouts, not from a cvd rubbing, mine has little indents. Is this what you are talking about, or is there actual run marks on it.

I believe robin put those in to clear the cvds, so we wouldnt have to.

No Gimmix

Veteran
    Oh wow. I don't even know how that could happen.

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    They are a direct fit, no notching is needed. I can't tell what Mr. Blurrycam is trying to show.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Administrator

Exactly

My sentiments exactly. If you would like a better answer then please provide us with a better picture so we can truly see what your talking about. From that blurry picture it looks like it could be a wear mark of some kind, but there should not be any kind of cut out or grove purposely placed in a knuckle.

Veteran
    Wow... I can see pretty well what he is talking about. The pic is of the upper part of the knuckle belly side. There shouldn't be any notching there, and even though is is notched i would be concerned. Put it on your truck and just run it. The cvd regardless of make (UE, Ofna, kyosho) will fit with no binding at all. If your cvd is bent it may slightly hit the shock haha.
    RespiroGrafx

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    I'll bet it's where the CV pin backed out and rubbed until it broke or stopped.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Veteran
    I was thinking that might of been what happened. But wouldnt you think there would be a real loud pinging noise.

Thread Information