Thread: Engine Pinching?

Veteran

Engine Pinching?

HI guys; i was just curious if anyone here has done this to their piston and sleeve. If yes what is your opinion? I have a few engine that i was thinking of doing this to: OS JP V-spec, and EB Mods X-Tech .21. Both were great engines but now they are just papers weights. thanks M
    RespiroGrafx

I had it done to my older TRX 2.5 out of my first tmaxx. I never ran it though. It seemed well done though! I ended up selling it on ebay for a pretty good price.

I don't remember exactly where I had it done since it was years ago but I think this may have been it... http://www.rayaracing.com/

I've had good luck with one of the guys at the track re-pinching my sleeve on my Vspec. Seems different sleeves seem to get different lifespan results with re-pinching the guy tells me he has great success with Novarossi's ad most O.S.'s. I got about 3 gallons of good performance out of it then it started going downhill as far as not good enough for racing, lost it's responsiveness. For the money it's worth it IMHO.

But if your thinking of that contraption that looks like a pipe clamp, he doesn't do it that way, he uses some form of press combined w/heat but let's it cool slowly and does not quench the hot sleeve. Haven't seen the guy in a few years though, think the economy got him.
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

I used OS Rocket numerous times, Work is top notch, can't beat their price, turn around time is very fast!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    I used OS Rocket numerous times, Work is top notch, can't beat their price, turn around time is very fast!
    Yea and i caught H LL trying to get that OS.18 broke in.It was one of the tightest pinches i had ever encountered.So far it seems to be holding up.I've only got just under a gallon on it.I am thinking of sending two other P/S's i have to OS Rocket.
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

If you use OS Rocket, ask for a light pinch and it will make it easier to break in. I've used him in the past good guy.
    It's not about winning. It's about making fun of your friends that you leave in the dust.

Veteran
    OS Rocket it will be then. Thanks guys!!!! I will let everyone know how it goes. The V-spec is going to go in to my Mugen 6R
    RespiroGrafx

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by respirologyr
    OS Rocket it will be then. Thanks guys!!!! I will let everyone know how it goes. The V-spec is going to go in to my Mugen 6R
    When you get it back make sure you use a heat gun.I had to heat that .18tm up to about 175 degrees before i could get the piston to make a full rotation.Heat guns and pull-starters really sucked..
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

Thread Information