Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gmaxx G3 build and help

Veteran
    2 tires should be in this week for the truck, I will get them mounted and post pics. Hopefully I can find 2 more new ones soon. If not I'm just going to order badlands for it.[/QUOTE]

Badlands are the way to go!

Justin you just might get your way. These mulchers are hard to find new, or in near new condition.

Heres a pic of the other half of my shop as promised.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok, well I got the two mulchers in. They look good IMO. Just wish I could hurry up and find more. I did just get a good deal on some new road rages, so I will get them mounted next week and see if those look as good as the 2 mulchers. If you have recomendations lets hear them. I know Justin wants badlands.

At least by the time I finally decide on the right tires I will have a nice collection for the next builds.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Administrator

Proline Mulchers

So whats the deal here, are Proline Mulchers not made anymore? I even checked old faithful Tower Hobbies and they are not in their catalog anymore. I'm glad that I have a few sets in our collection.

Jerry, the mulchers aren't made anymore. Before this build I had seen them here and there on trucks, but then I saw a set on a really nice truck and I just thought they would look good on mine. Then I started looking for them and found out proline quit making them. Now they are hard to find new, even used is a challenge.

Veteran
    I love my mulchers... New never used. Lol. I always seem to grab my bowties.
    RespiroGrafx

Respirologyr, how about you send me your mulchers and I'll put them to good use. just kidding

Road rages came today, will get pics up tomorrow. Finally I can call this thing done. Really though it's not done, I will keep updating it as I find better parts and can afford them.

Over the past few months I've been buying stuff here and there. Got my Gmaxx arms and towers mounted up today and Im very happy with the way it turned out. Also decided to take the dace bulks off and put a set of GA 6061 bulks on it. Im going to use the dace bulks on my predator build.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bravo!! Looks much much better....haha

You got yourself a sweet truck there man. Nice work!

Those lower arms and towers sure do rake the shocks out don't they. WoW...

Looking good....

Ralf

Veteran
    Nice G-maxx!

Thanks for the comments guys. I love the way it looks now, totally changed the way the whole truck looks. Now if I could just settle on tires, or at least find 2 more 40 series mulchers, and find a gmaxx front skid it would be a completed project in my book.

Ok I found tires, but its going to take some time to get them cleaned up and unmounted off some plastic yellow dishes.

I also found another part I had been looking for, but need opinions on it. Its the Gmaxx single speed kit. I like it when its not on the truck, but it looks a little out of place IMO on the truck. It leaves a big open gap where the full 2 speed would sit. I also dont like how the shaft sticks so far out of the trans going to the front diff. It would look better with the trans mounted in the middle of the chassis braces and a short shaft coming out of the trans and then use a longer shaft to the front diff. Let me know what you guys think of it though.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I don't think it looks bad by any means but I think that truly is a matter of a persons own opinion. I think if you had the other side of the aluminum half case you might see it differently. But having the full case is a lot of meat there right in the mid section so it does cover quite a bit of that empty part up.

Either way I like it, I say leave it like it is. The trans will run more efficiently unless you really wanted to have 1st gear for some reason....haha

Veteran
    Hate to say it but you should as much weight forward possible. This is how mine worked out:

Thanks for the input Joe.

Haven't thought of that rivermaxx, thanks for the idea. Only problem is I really wanted to use the gmaxx motor mount that bolts to the chassis braces. I will see what I think with your setup on my truck though.

Veteran
    I thought the gmaxx mount bolted to the trans also. You sure thats a g-maxx mount? Can you just flip the trans and run differ length driveshafts? If you dont plan on running it dont matter but if you do get some wheely bars lol. Even with the mono mine did a complete flip and landed back on its tires when I touched the throttle lol.

Gmaxx made 2 different mounting plates. The one your talking about that mounted to the trans(wish I had one and would pro ably solve my issue so I could run the trans forward) and they also made one that bolted to the 2 holes that are in the chassis braces. Positive this mount is a gmaxx, I actually have 3 of them. If you look at the bottom of the chassis you will see a slot cut in it in the rear( I believe it's only on the g1 and g2, my truck is actually a g2 and not a g3 like the title says) this slot is where this mount sits in

I could flip the trans and just run the front shaft in the rear and the rear in the front, buy then I can't use my gmaxx mount that bolts to the chassis braces. Might have to just ditch it and see what I think. This truck is going to be a show truck, so no running just want it to look good and be as much gmaxx as possible.

Veteran
    Just by looking at the pic it looks like you could just move the mount to the holes further up to the front.You might have to get or swap shafts from the front or rear but the mounting holes look to be the same spacing.
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

The mounts you have are SUPER rare, but i'm fairly right that they are gmaxx. I say get a stock traxxas mount and cut it down to fit one motor, i did it a few times and was very pleased with the outcome... if need be I'd be more than happy to cut it for you, assuming you'd want to go that route... personally I love the single speed conversion... we could also cut the shaft down, but then you'd need a longer drive shaft, again in both areas I can help... I can cut the shaft and smooth it as needed, and I have a buddy lined up that can make custom drive shafts... I also have pins to use for the drive shaft.. just saying if you want help I'm available to do whatever's needed and have all the tools/resources to make most anything custom Hit me up with a pm if you're at all interested/curious
    -Chris

Thanks sweetride, I will keep you in mind once I decide what Im going to do. Still throwing different ideas around in my head on what I should do.

Ended up finding another set of new 40 series mashers last week, so got them in today and mounted up. Also put on a set of aluminum knuckles, not sure who made them but they look like some quality pieces.

I still have a few more things I want to do to this truck before I can call it done, but once I get it all finished up I will take it outside for some better pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well I got a few more things for the Gmaxx. Found a new front skid for it. Now I just have to change out the stand alone motor mount (this one is bent, most of them did bend I believe) and I'm thinking about changing the springs to white/gray.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Got a few more things for the gmaxx. New powerstrokes and new gray/white springs. I think it is completely done now.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

That is one very sweet looking maxx!!! Very well done
    -Chris

Veteran
    Where did you buy the white/grey spring? been looking for that for quite sometime..

Thanks sweetride for the comment

Mothman, I picked up the white/gray springs off of an online rc store a while back. I bought the last of what they had. I have also found them in a store in Australia, but they wont ship them across the pond for some reason.

Yes it looks done.....

now it is time to see that puppy moving .....

Very nice !!

Love those Gmaxxes !!!!

Ralf

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerss
    Thanks sweetride for the comment

I have also found them in a store in Australia, but they wont ship them across the pond for some reason.
    Do you still have the store address? I might have someone in Australia that can help.. really need the springs though.

Thanks for the comments Ralf.

Mothman, I will do some searching and try to find that store again. It was a while ago when i found it and I don't remember, but I Will try to find it again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerss
    Thanks for the comments Ralf.

Mothman, I will do some searching and try to find that store again. It was a while ago when i found it and I don't remember, but I Will try to find it again.
    Thanks alot bud. Appreciate it.

Ok guys, got a new body and Im thinking about mounting it on the Gmaxx. Let me know if yall like the new one or the blue Raptor body better that is pictured in my previous post.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well, it's two very different bodies and personally I prefer the blue Raptor. I like the "car look".

Administrator

Weird Looking

Yea that one is a little bit weird looking. I like it, but it makes you want to sit on it and go for a ride. Kind of makes it look more like a toy, then a replica of a 1:1 vehicle. Bottom line is that it is your truck and you can mount up whatever body appeals your sense of likability. Either way the vehicle will run well, but I always try to mount up what will provide the best protection to whats inside of the vehicle.

BTW, doesn't the steering handle break off easily on that body?

On the positive side the body seems to fit well.

I love the ATV bodies and that one is painted very well. They look sweet if a custom job is laid down on them. A standard blue or orange one does not do much but boy does that one look nice.

I say leave that one on.

I always am on the lookout for the Kawasaki VForce shells but never seem to find one. I had one of those quads for a couple years and that was my absolute all time favorite atv. Soooo easy to ride and had tons of power. Loved it.

Not a big fan of the atv bodies, but can't argue with the great paintjob on this. I prefer a car body though.

Generally, I'm not a fan oh this body. But here I love it!!
    The paintjob is awesome.
    HVL:VBS, Racer X, NEU 1521, 6S
    Pred: Predator, Mono, VBS , Racer X+setback, Rb SP10...

Ok, thanks for the input guys. Seems I have some mixed feedback on this one, but I got to admit that I think the ATV body is the way to go. I will have to think about it a little more before I drill the holes though. I will try to get some outside shots of it so you can see the paint better this weekend. Also, a little update on the truck itself, I picked up an FLM aluminum half for the trans. Just couldn't stand seeing that plastic on the truck.

Where did you get the aluminum half. I have one in order with Modelsport Austria, that had it in stock for when I bought it, deducted my money within 10 seconds, and then I got an email with order processing, and then it was out of stock! Last thing I heard from them is 1½ month ago, even though I have send them lots of emails.

Thread Information