Thread: Sold my RC's, moved to Tampa, FL, time to buy a LOSI TEN-T?

RC BOCA

Sold my RC's, moved to Tampa, FL, time to buy a LOSI TEN-T?

First time back to the forum in awhile, sad to see how much it's died down. Did everyone switch over to somewhere else or??(PM me maybe)

Anyway, I've been out of RC too long; I really regret selling my CRT with the BCE small center spur chassis and fully loaded with DACE, my X5 decked out in blue 7075 KingHeadz, and BCE chassis'd X5T Prospec. I probably got 10% of what I spent back when I sold which I'm kicking myself for. I still have all my pit gear, tools, 3PK and my good servos, a few .21s(one being a EB Team P5 with on-road crank , too bad this thing uses small blocks), hauler bag, power supply and triton charger, starter boxes, and a closet full of other junk.

For some reason this little TEN-T is drawing me in, which is kinda nice so I don't have to spend 1/8 money again lol. If I were to go 1/8 I think I'd get a X6T, but I want to try something different

For a RTR, it actually looks like it comes with some cool stuff. The remote, onboard starting system would be nice, it comes with telemetry(for temp at least), comes with a .20 small block, LiPo Rx pack. That said, I want her built to race. The former 1/8 in me also hates starting systems that aren't starter boxes lol. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a new roller off eBay because it's like $200 cheaper than the RTR from amain, but then I'm thinking for $200 having a backup engine and all the elec's that come with it might be worth it.

Either way I'd go down to a rolling chassis; engine wise I'm pretty decided on a .18 TZ. Unless there's a new small block that's accepted as being the best?? Not sure what exhaust I'd want/what can fit, but I'll find something nice. For servos I'm thinking I'll use JR 9000S on both throttle and steering, maybe a 8800S on throttle to shave a little weight. Then it's pretty much race ready, amain has some upgrade parts and they're pretty cheap so I'd probably pick them up all up while I'm building it up. Maybe try to figure out a way to run 1/8 buggy tires,

I know there was really no point in me typing this, I'm just excited to be getting back into RC racing. Also, if anyone knows of a good track in the Clearwater/Largo/Tampa, FL area PM me some info Thanks everyone.

RC BOCA
    i miss my kids

Glad to hear from you man..... Yeah it's in the blood.... Might as well face it... The 6T has been out a little while. Heck I'm still happy with my MBX5t Prospec... Still holds up to my abuse/driving.....

Tampa? Hope it's for a better job.... I'd rather live in Boca myself....
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

RC BOCA
    moved for school. i'd much, much rather be living in disney lan, errr, boca, but it's looking like i'll be going to stetson law then maybe moving again or idk.

more i look into it, the more i'm just going to go with a 1/8 something. more likely then not i'll just go with another mugen truck. hopefully my engines were fully pickled and have held up the past few years...

Thread Information