Thread: 2010 Family Xmas Present.

Administrator

2010 Family Xmas Present.

Well we just ordered our Xmas present for our family and they promised it would be in our hands in two weeks time coming from their overseas Asia stocks. We decided on a brand new 2010 Chrysler Town & Country "Touring Plus" minivan loaded with just about every luxiury avialable since we are about to move to Prague. We are figuring on doing some touring around Europe over the next two to three years and wanted to make sure we had good reliable transprtation to fit the bill. We figured it was about time for us to have an upgrade from our two beaters. The MSRP for this particular van was right at $39500. With the AAFES special adjustments and Manufacturers rebates we managed a nice final price of $31,200.00, and this thing is really loaded up with goodies including the DVD triple monitor system, GPS, Seius radio system, rear back up camera, 4.0 liter V-6 420hp engine package, foldaway(in floor) middle and back row seating, electric adjust front row seats, and heated seats front and middle row, leather all around interior, electric side doors(both), and electric liftgate, and a bunch more. Neither of us has had a new vehicle since 1999, so we felt it was long overdue. We are thrilled and the kids won't know anything until we take delivery around 01/December/2010. AND included in the price is a full seven year/70K miles bumper to bumper international warrenty package. No matter where we go with this thing, we are covered. They even took an added $1000 off the final price for a loyalty gift just because we presently own a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan. Our neighbor is taking that one off our hands for us.

If anyone sees any kind of end of year closeout pricing in the next 45 days please let us know and we can low ball them even more on this deal. We receive the military discounts since we are posted overseas, but they have to be lower than any other offers anywhere in the Cont USA.

Sounds sweet. I bet your kids will be pumped when they see that sitting in the driveway! Nice Xmas present for your family.

Administrator

Correction.

Correction on the engine specs to 251 HP. The thread won't let me EDIT for a correction.

Thought you said let ThanksGiving come first? before you start Xmas? J/K Man Happy Holidays My friend

Administrator

Correct A Mundo.

Correct a mundo Joe. That is why we have not shared the info with the kids yet . They will not know about the van until after Thanksgiving . This way we have it for Xmas.

Congrats Jerry. Hmmm, van. They're great. I have a Honda Odessey right now that was given to me by a friend who left Japan a year ago. It's used but get's me from point A to B .

Oh by the way, we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday since I'm not going to be home on the 25th. The ship is going out in a couple of days and be back just in time for Chrismas .
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Administrator

Test Drive.

Well I just went over to check out our new van and test drive it. It is what they call clearwater blue or something like that. It is a light blue color with dark grey leather interior. The van is very nice and has tons of special features. We still have to work out all of the financing issues, but we got FCU financing at 4.6%, so we are happy with that. $600 a month is pretty good in our book for some pretty NICE transportation. Insurance is fair, and gas will be reasonable at 25mpg. After all we have no other monthly expenses, because the US Gov provides our housing, and utilities for us, so all we pay for is our cellphone, internet, and cable/satalite TV services. Once our California home is rented out again (hopefully Jan) we are golden. Anyway the van is very nice and we are so excited about getting it either Friday or Monday. Merry Christmas is coming early in the Hill household. Just in time to drive it for a little bit before it gets shipped to our next assignment local.

Administrator

Merry Christmas.

Well the wife picked up our new van last night. What a beautiful machine. This vehicle has everything. Even the video system has the ability for us to listen to music up front, while the boys play their PS3 in the middle, and our youngest one watches a movie in the back all at the same time. You can set this thing up to do just about anything you want. The only setback is that the GPS will not work outside of the USA, so I guess we will have to get another one of the TomTom GPS's for New Year in Europe. I love the remote start feature for those really cold winter mornings, along with the four heated seats. Very cool vehicle. Our whole family is happy and excited. All together it added up to about $39K retail, but we managed to get it for $32K with rebates and such.

That is cool that all 3 sections of the audio/video can do different functions at the same time. Sweet! Show us some pics!!!

Administrator

Photos

Quote Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
    That is cool that all 3 sections of the audio/video can do different functions at the same time. Sweet! Show us some pics!!!
    I will Joe. I am off for a ride to the Spa right now. I need my daily dose of relaxation time in the steam room, sauna, and hot tub. Plus I swim laps for exercise. I will come home after that and take a few pics for our photo album. The wife wants to post some pics in our Xmas letter to everyone, so she has already tasked me for photography today. Plus I really want to do some playtime in the van today. I have so much to learn about this thing. You practically need a degree just to figure out how to work all of the neet gadgits and systems.

Administrator

Feb/2013 Update.

Just thought I would share this. Our van now has just over 17K miles on it, and we simply love cruising in this thing. We took it over to Grafenweor Germany on Saturday to do some shopping at the US Army base with the whole family onboard (5 of us). We loaded everything up (about 300-400lbs) of sodas and food, and began our journey back to Prague. Five miles out and had to turn around and go back to the base for safety reasons. So we got stranded nearly 200 miles from home, because the vehicle would not upshift and stay in a higher gear. I was told that this was a new feature programed into a lot of newer vehicles (safety mode), which if the computer sensed anything majorly damaging it will only allow the tranny to run in first gear.

Anyway I had to get a freind to drive over and pickup the family and goods to return them to Prague, while I remained to deal with the van on Monday morning. Two unexpected nights in a hotel, and Thankfully we decided to get the international 7 year full coverage VIP warranty when we purchased the vehicle. They paid for the hotel, and had the van towed to the local Chrysler shop where they proceded to diagnose the problem. The mechanic brought the tranny pan into the office to show me what he found with metal gear parts, and black oil in it. They immediately provided us with a brand new rental van, and ordered a brand new updated (improved) factory tranny from Chrysler. They claim it will be ready in two weeks. Just a word of caution for anyone who buys one of these new vans. Get the extended warranty. Chrysler vans have always had tranny issues.

Thread Information