Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Coffee With the Parrot

I've taken on the roll of caregiver to my 80 yr old mother. By surprise my sibling couldn't handle it and flipped out.

So now I'm getting the curb appeal going because there's just no room for all 5 of use in a 3/1....

Otherwise,,, I've got a pulse. My wife is fantastic with my mom, and all is well considering.
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    I've taken on the roll of caregiver to my 80 yr old mother. By surprise my sibling couldn't handle it and flipped out.
    That is awesome of you to take on that roll. My sister has never ever not one single time even helped me with my son. Surprised me too. Shoot she has never even taken my other two kids and they are completely normal and not handicapped. I took her boy countless times weeks on end year after year, she could not even take my kids to a movie. My sister in law used to help out until she moved down to Florida. Sucked because both my wife and I only had our sisters and no parents. So only one extended family member even helped with Austin and she has been gone for years. Glad you have a awesome wife to help too. My wife just worked and never really helped with Austin so it was kind of just me for a very long time, years on end.

Your mother appreciates you more than you will ever know. Just be careful and take time for yourself, caretaker burnout is real and very serious. I never knew how messed up I had become after years of being a solo caretaker.

I'm experiencing something I would see on T.V.... Now that my mother has been with us a little bit and is getting a bit more settled down, I'm finding out things that make me very glad my mom is with us now. I know she is safe and so does she. Yup, there's been some abuse both physical and mental... A very tough pill to swallow...

Now that I've turned my house and everyone's life inside it upside down I'm doing all I can to get us into a bigger place. This is NOT going to be easy...

Ah, for me, nothing worth while EVER came easy anyways... I'm counting my blessings that things didn't get any worse than what they already are...
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

Administrator

God Bless You

God bless you for having the balls to do whats right. My wife's mother just turned 85 and refuses to allow any of us to get into that mode of taking care of her yet. She has had two strokes already and she struggles, but she goes to the beach in San Francisco every weekend and walks for at least a couple of miles. She is a fighter, but we know the day is growing near, and we are trying to be prepared for the day when either she passes or we have to take her into our home. It has been a learning experience watching her though. We already know that we want a ranch style home for our retirement. No steps to deal with moving into our senior years. Good luck and God bless for your love of your mother.

Respectfully, Jerry.

Good to see everyone is good so far. I'm still recovering from a surgery on my left foot due to the abuse of running too much. The tumor inside my spine that the doctors told me not to worry about during the past couple years decided to start growing and causing more pain. They want to do the surgery but I still have not decided to get it done due to the risks associated with it.

Oh well, it sucks but life goes on. It's been a long time since I played with my rc trucks. I'm contemplating on selling them all including my still new in the box brushless motors from Castle and other parts including UE stuff.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Merry Christmas Everyone !

I haven't been on hear in a long time myself, have thought about everyone many times but always seem to busy.

Things are starting to settle out at work for now, just finished up with a lay-off.

The Hot rod will be getting the new heart dropped in next weekend. It will be a beast ! Should be right on 750 rwhp on 93 pump gas.

For your viewing pleasure. Hell Yeah it's a Hemi !

Happy Holidays Kenny! Nice to see you around man. That engine is going to be a beast! I am glad you are enjoying your ride. I still have not done much to my Corvette, just enjoying the ride. It is still a daily driver back and forth to work. I was looking at Ram pickups yesterday. I am shopping around for a new truck and this place in Battle Creek has some new 2016 Outdoorsmen models, real sharp looking truck. Going to head over there next weekend and give one a drive.

Hope everyone has a great New Year in 2016! I know Kenny will....burning up that octane and laying down some rubber. WOO HOO!

Morning everyone!
    Wow I had no ideal that when I started this post almost 6 years ago that it would have lived this long, 647 replies & 35,118 views.

Going to go check out a new local Hobby shop, had the itch for a E Revo for a while.

Well it's been a year since I been back to the forum, a lot going on last year. Ended up putting my 2010 SRT8 Challenger back to stock. Bought a new HellCat Challenger in July, this thing is a pure beast for a bone stock car, with a warranty. lol

Took it to the Texas Mile last October and it ran 175.7, not bad for only having 980 miles on it.

if it aint broke,ur not pushn it
    Holy sh@#...bone stock 176mph! SO UR SAYING U HAVENT EVEN TUNED IT??
    stock=broken...if its stock thats cuz im trying to break it to build it better

Quote Originally Posted by t_ahan
    Holy sh@#...bone stock 176mph! SO UR SAYING U HAVENT EVEN TUNED IT??
    Haven't touched one thing on it, 100% stock just like it rolled off the showroom floor.
    This one is staying bone stock other than some wider tires on the rear.

Couple pic's of the interior of the HellCat.

Nice Nice Nice-- I love the hellcats! Wish I could get me one but being in Alaska it has no purpose lol. You gonna take it down the 1/4 mile to see what you can do with it.
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    Sweet ride for sure. I'd be in trouble in no time.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    Nice Nice Nice-- I love the hellcats! Wish I could get me one but being in Alaska it has no purpose lol. You gonna take it down the 1/4 mile to see what you can do with it.
    As soon as I get a set of drag radials to put on the rear, from a dead stop it just blows the tires off with the street tires.

lol traction control isnt working or helping???

Guess it helps but its only going to control so much with only a 275/40/20 tire. Lol.
    Going to put a set of 305/35/20 on it, makes a huge difference.

Have you tried the Launch feature yet on the street to see how that does?

Can we get some video of some take-offs and smoking tires the sweet sound of the supercharger....Ahhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    Have you tried the Launch feature yet on the street to see how that does?

Can we get some video of some take-offs and smoking tires the sweet sound of the supercharger....Ahhhhhhhh
    Only video I have right now is from inside the car from when I ran the Texas Mile last Oct when it ran 175.7 mph.

it doesnt surprise me that u cant hook n book with 275's.....my big pig denali has 305/40 22's and i can still break the fronts loose from 4200 rpm in 1st and bang'n into 2nd gear(full time awd)....its built lsx only laying down 5XX hp to all 4 ...i can only imagine the peddle lifting u have to do with a rwd and all that tq .......do u plan to keep the stock suspension after the radials?

also i love the color schemes u chose !!

Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    Only video I have right now is from inside the car from when I ran the Texas Mile last Oct when it ran 175.7 mph.

Post her up--would love to see it

Thread Information