Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Coffee With the Parrot

Ford Bronco?

Administrator

Ford

Ford pickup truck?? Just seeing that picture makes me wish I was in a position to do things like that. Kind of hard living overseas in a house that is not ours. Some day I hope to have the house, garage, and moneyh to do that.

Veteran
    Nope

Hint
    1977 c

Administrator

Blazeer?

77 Chevy Blazer??

Veteran
    Nope

Do you know now?

Yes that is a bass boat in the background. 1990 nitro bass boat. I use to fish all the time but dont really get the time any more.

Administrator

Jeep

How funny. I have had a CJ5 and a CJ7 in my younger years, but did not have them long enough to do any major mechanical work on them. That sure is a big motor for that little jeep. I had in line 6's in both of mine. I always wanted more power, but that never came to be. Looks like a fun project.

Veteran
    It is a 1977 cj-5
    It has a amc 360. It has about a 9in lift with mickey thompson 39in tires.

That is cool ! Be sure to update with pics during your restoration. I grew up in a Jeep family with my mother and her boyfriend, we had several CJ's, a SX10 and a J10 Eagle Truck. Lots of straight six's here also.

Veteran
    parts all polished up
    Steering stabilizers
    Shocks 2 in ft per side 1 in rear 6 total
    Here is a couple days ago with the parts on it before i took the off and cleaned up some of the parts.

Headers and exshaust with aluma coat on it.

The body is a fiberglass on. It is original body to it. It is the matching body to the chassis.

Administrator

Trade???

So did you pick this up in an R/C trade, or what? Just curious about what got you started on this particular project? It should be fun. New shocks and stabilizers going on there, right? So are you rebuilding the engine or is it running as is? I did not know that Jeep made a fiberglass body for any of their jeeps? Or is it an aftermarket body? Good seats will really spark it up as well as a nice roll cage for protection. So share your plans for this little gem?

Veteran
    I had it for a long time. In the 90's it was all together. I tore it apart wanting to paint but never got the time to finish it. I am just going to repaint and clean the stabilizers and shocks. I am fixing a few things on the engine, like rebuilding the carb and getting a few parts for it, but no complete tear down. The motor runs fine. No its an original body. I have some pretty nice seats, and a full roll bar. I am painting it tweety yellow.

Veteran

Administrator

What A Nice Evening

What a nice evening here at The Hill Household. After working a full day and being bone tired it was nice to arrive home and find that our nearly 15 year old son had made dinner for us. He decided to make tacos for supper and everyone was greatful. So I had my dinner and now I am sitting in my easy chair feeling great about my day and life in general. The kids are all starting to come together with doing their chores and taking care of personal business around the house which makes life very stress free for us. Each of them wakes up, makes their bed, takes a shower, gets dressed, and eats breakfast all on their own. Each of them has a weekly chore to complete in order to earn an allowance, and each has one day of the week to take care of their individual laundry needs. All of this plus maintaining all "A" & "B" grade levels in school. The boys are also old enough now that they have begun to do handyman work around the neighborhood to earn extra spending money for their own goals. It has taken us three years to whip them into shape, but life is getting better every day. We are so proud of each of them.

Five years of being a boot camp DI is still paying dividends nearly 20 years later, but I am using the intellectual side of communications in order to help them realize self improvement from within. Helping them find their way through life with sound judgement, and reasoning is pretty cool. Its hard some days to be tough on them, but the end result has lasting effects on them. When they tell me that I am a mean father I always tell them that this is the joys of parenthood. We do not yell, or hit them so what can they possibly have to complain about???

^^^ Sounds like you are doing a fine job to me! ^^^ Nothing wrong with giving the kids a solid work ethic, nobody is going to be around forever to take care of them like when they were children. Too many child like adults in this world already, glad you are helping to dwindle that population down some like me.

Well my coffee maker is down. Guess it will be hot tea today.

Hope everyone is having a fine day today and it is going to be a great year here at UE! We have huge plans for this summer and RC is on top of the list. We keep getting that hint of summer where it warms up and then it will freeze again. Messing with everything every other week. It has been a crazy winter around here but I think I am ready now. I am getting the itch to spend some weekends outside running our trucks.

Anybody have new RC's on the ticket this year? I just want a shaft drive scaler truck. I have this local club the Mid Michigan Crawlers that meet up weekly in different groups and hit the trails around Mid Michigan and I have went out once and just had a ball. More of a scale type group and not many crawlers so I think they need to change the name......haha Anyway I want to get one of the Tamiya CR01 Broncos or Land Cruisers. Tricking those trucks out just really looks cool.

I tip my cup to ya Kenny! Everyone have a great week.

Administrator

No Coffee

Well no coffee ever in our household. Its either tea or hot chocolate for us. Just never gained a craving for coffee and really not fond of the taste anyway. Heck no new trucks for me. I have a hard enough time acquring enough money to build up the collection we already have. I have been picking up pieces here and there throughout the year trying to build up on UE spares so I can have fun for years to come. I would love to have a crawler, and one of those Baja 5b gassers, but unless I hit the lottery I have to remain satisfied with what we have.

Kenny you need to get you something R/C to play with so you have that passion again to hang out in here and exchange ideas, modifications, tinkering techniques, and just havin fun again with our beloved hobby. Life is good, but life is short.

No new trucks really planned. Just a few upgrades on the savage. Steel spur first things, as i keep stripping out the dang plastic one. already replaced the servos with high end airtronics ones, just need a new remove and receiver and i should be good to go, unless i start breaking more things lol.
    HPI Savage XL - coming soon

I just finished my flm runner truck and posted pics in the picture section. I'm currently building a hcr emaxx and tmaxx at the same time, and collecting parts for a predator. A few more weeks and I might have enough parts for the hcr trucks to start threads. Money and part availability is slowing me down though. Anyone with hcr parts they don't want send me a pm.

Veteran
    Well i got an unexpected rinkle in my Valentines plans.Instead of being home i'm off to San Antonio the to Del Rio thanks to work.The Mrs.'s isn'tn t you doo thrilled by what can you do when your trying to make ends meet.
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

Administrator

Priorities

A man just has to do what a man has to do. It's all about priorities and taking care of business. Valentines day is nothing but a scam anyway. The wife & I always say that every day is a day for love, so 14/Feb doesn't mean $hit in our book. Work is work and we do whatever we have to in order to get the bills paid. Some women just don't get that man factor. Don't let her bust your balls and make you feel bad. Life's too short for that crap.

Well bringing back a thread from the dead. lol Well hopefully by this summer I will have a large scale gas r/c boat, stashing a little at a time for it.
    Don't see me getting back into the SM's, Just to hard to find good parts & to expensive for me with all my other hobbies, my money tree died along time ago, must have been this Texas drought!

Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    my money tree died along time ago, must have been this Texas drought!
    My mom traded our money tree seeds off for Beer when I was a kid.....so ours never had a chance......haha!

Administrator

Good Cover Kenny

Good cover Kenny by telling everyone that your money tree is dead. No one would want to find their way to your house to strip your tree if the believe it is dead, right? Look forward to seeing your new boat when the time comes.

And Joe we know all about that Michigan Monster tree blooming in your backyard. I can see you now trying to keep up with all of the bills that are falling off of it every day just to keep the yard clean.

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE
    Good cover Kenny by telling everyone that your money tree is dead. No one would want to find their way to your house to strip your tree if the believe it is dead, right? Look forward to seeing your new boat when the time comes.

And Joe we know all about that Michigan Monster tree blooming in your backyard. I can see you now trying to keep up with all of the bills that are falling off of it every day just to keep the yard clean.
    ^^^ I wish I had that problem, I would be out there in the rain picking up the leaves (bills) ! With this hotel I'm running here I can't afford to pay attention. lol

Kenny, nice to hear that someone else on the forum might be getting into the boats. I was into it before this stuff and the large scale gasers were my favorite. Do you know what you want to go for yet?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Veteran
    Nice collection!!

Been looking at the Apache deep V hulls, 54" range I believe it was. I would like to do a large scale hyrdo later on.

Yea, my tide boat is 51" if I remember right and the yellow one is 55". I've heard apache makes some good hulls, but also look at express craft, they make some good hulls as well. My dream is to have a twin turbine boat. I will win I hit the lottery, or if my money tree will ever sprout. Lol

Have you guys ever checked this company out?? I ran upon them when I had a Losi LST with a Fine Design brushless conversion kit on it. They have some really nice boats.

http://finedesignrc.com/default.htm

Some members of RCmonster had not so good dealings with Chris Fine of finedesignrc a few years ago. I remember reading posts about their dealings which wasn't good at all. Those are nice boats. Mkaes me want to sell one of my trucks and get one of those since we have a lake close to the house.

By the way Joe, do you know of a place called http://germanautosolutions.com/ in Grand Rapids?
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Quote Originally Posted by george16

By the way Joe, do you know of a place called http://germanautosolutions.com/ in Grand Rapids?
    Ahh, good to know about Fine Design, I had never read anything like that so I am glad you did.

I have not heard about them Lito. I can ask a guy who uses the Grandwoods forum if he has though. He works for a company similar to them and they build turbos for cars like that so he might be very familiar with them. What are you after from them so I can ask him about that as well?

Veteran
    Offshore electrics has some sweet boats too.i've had my eye on a couple to go with my Miss Vegas Hydro.I would like to have that King of Shaves and hop it up.The you tube vid's of it are insane.
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

Quote Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
    Ahh, good to know about Fine Design, I had never read anything like that so I am glad you did.

I have not heard about them Lito. I can ask a guy who uses the Grandwoods forum if he has though. He works for a company similar to them and they build turbos for cars like that so he might be very familiar with them. What are you after from them so I can ask him about that as well?

Joe, he's a member of one of the BMW forums. I just got an email from him re upgraded BMW parts for my car. He's legit and also does anodizing. I will be buying parts from him. His contact info is in his website in case you want to check out how much he charges for anodizing jobs.

Just got done flushing the brakes on the 4runner and replacing the timing chain tensioner spring and gasket on the bimmer . It's nice to have a garage again after 6 years of living in a high-rise building.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

His contact info is in his website in case you want to check out how much he charges for anodizing jobs.
    Awesome!! Close to home too so I can take it up there personally. I am doing business with one guy right now but the two colors I am looking at he just doesn't have. He does have one color that is great however and that I am getting done for a runner truck.

It's nice to have a garage again after 6 years of living in a high-rise building.
    Boy I bet. My pole barn should be wired, insulated and heated by next winter so RC shop here I come!! That is gonna rock. Having a nice space to work on things I bet is really nice after living in that high rise. I could not even imagine living in a building like that after living out in the country my entire life. Only lived in the city with my dad for like a year and a half before he died.

I too have heard horrible things about fine design and Chris fine specifically. I don't deal with them at all. Ose is a great electric boat forum for anyone wanting to get into boats. A great guy to deal with in the boat scene is fightercat. The website is http://fightercatracing.com/.

Veteran
    Its been a dull dreary day here in in Texas today.Its been raining for 2days now.I was really hoping to get some nice sunshine so i could go out and beat the snot out of the Revo.All i've managed to do is hang out on the PS3..gotta have one for the rainy days.
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

It was beautiful today here but cold still. Sun was out for half the day but with the temp still around 30 degrees and really windy it was pretty chilly.

Any day is a good day for some sit down with Battlefield 3.....haha

But Zane and Katie won their Floor Hockey game!!! 5 to 3 !

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
    It was beautiful today here but cold still. Sun was out for half the day but with the temp still around 30 degrees and really windy it was pretty chilly.

Any day is a good day for some sit down with Battlefield 3.....haha

But Zane and Katie won their Floor Hockey game!!! 5 to 3 !
    Are you on x-box or ps3.i'm not too crazy about battlefield3 but play it when i need a break from mw3.if your on ps3 hit me up under same name.
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

Yeah I am a Xbox player because the controllers are bigger and I have huge hands so the PS3 units feel too small for me. I did have MW3 and BF3 for PS3 but traded them both in. I never can get into the small maps that MW3 has. I think that is the selling factor along with vehicles for me with BF3. Just so much more to do and the bigger maps really open up the action. Zane is playing Skylanders most of the time on PS3, he has already collected like 20 or so of those dragons and items.

Well I finally got a weekend off Sent 6hrs polishing the front rims on my car and still not finished! I knew better when I bought them, polished billet aluminum on the Texas gulf coast just don't go well together. The combination of brake dust & humidity are a real PIA After i get back from a meet in Kentucky the end of April I will be shipping the rims off to California to be PVD Chromed and put an end to this issue. My right shoulder is absolutely killin me from doing all the polishing , got to get back out there soon and get the fronts finished and start on the rears.

Thread Information