Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee With the Parrot

Veteran
    I think I would rather be in Texas right now.....lol. Some mudbugs and a cold beer would be good right now....it's freezing rain right now and the roads are slick. Glad I took today off!! Not a good day to be out....

Definately not my kind of weather bro, it is about 74 deg here and sunny with a slight over cast. I'm glad you took off today also, nobody should be on the road in that junk in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    Hey Joe, Hows Austin's new wheels working out?
    He really loves the new stick position for driving but we have to get the bottom seat looked at. His left hip is bothering him something fierce and we don't know if it is just getting used to it or because he is sitting up a lot straighter now and could just be putting more pressure on that hip. We got a call into the tech so hopefully be getting to the bottom of it in a couple days. Otherwise the chair is awesome.

Joe you should have seen the look on my wifes face when she ran my 5T into the bayou , it was the first time she had ran it. I told her to take it east until she got use to the controller, she did good for a bout 20 minutes and started to get a little braver. Well she turned it around and came rippin across the yard and the back end took a bad hop and the truck made a hard left hand turn, she just let off the trigger on the controller and hollered STOP, STOP,STOP ! It was just idling at this point but still rolling pretty good, I told her to put on the breaks and she just freezed, it nose dived right into the boat slip. After an hour of flushing everything out it fired right up and all the electronics still worked
    I bet she was freaked out....LOL! Austin had a TMaxx run away from him when he was around 8-9 yrs old and he was really freaked out because he was just fighting the sticks thinking it was him and it was the truck just motoring out of sight! haha It ran into the big ole bull pasture out back and I looked at him and told him he was going to have to drive out there and find the truck because it got buried in the tall grass. I think the look on his face when I told him that had more fear than when he was realizing the truck was running away....LOL!

Hope you guys stay safe up there Steve! Glad you had the day off.

I need a day off. This flu is kicking my arse right now. Medications are what's keeping me going. Weather here is cold, rainy and windy.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Man I feel for ya bro, I had the flu last year and ended up with neumonia and if the doc had here way I would have been in the hospital.

Yup, the coughing is what's bothering me. The fever is easier to take care of but the coughing is not. I sound like a freaking dog barking .
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Yeah feel ya pain, I got so bad I couldn't hardly walk to the front door from my bedroom and I was out of breath.

Administrator

Stay Warm

Yea stay warm and get better soon. The wife & I have just overcome our flu battles, but the kids seem to have been lucky and not caught it from us. It was not pleasant, but now that we have arrived in Prague we seem to be feeling much better.

Veteran
    Back to work today, got a chance to put back together one of my trucks yesterday. What should have been straightforward didn't go as planned...broke off some screws, seemed like it took me forever to extract them. Need some new fuel line.....at least one is ready to run. ESC for the G-Maxx should be here this week so that is almost ready to go. Can't wait until spring!! Hope everyone is well!!

Finally feeling better. I got so bored I decided to make some dinner rolls. I will post pictures later. Mixing the dough is a pain in the arms without a mixer. I hope my wife's birthday gift for me will be a Kitchenaid mixer.
    like this:

Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

That is too funny man. My wife buys me Pampered Chef Stoneware pans.... If you have ever baked with stoneware you will know what I mean, products are awesome. My sister has one of those mixers and she loves it. I don't ever make homemade bread or rolls. I want to make pie crust but I have not experimented enough to do that yet, fresh pie is sooo good. If I don't bake the stuff the kids and I don't get squat! haha My wife is NOT a cook...at all. LOL!

Hope you get it for your B day Lito!

Glad you are feeling better. I still have a lingering cough that just will not go away. Does not help we keep getting rain showers and it is 30-31 out so we just have this ice / snow weather right now.

What's going on with the weather in Michigan Joe. I just called my Mom earlier and she yold me that it was snowing in Troy.

I'm still coughing a bit but I'm feeling much better. I had duty last night and I told one of the Medics on board to give me some IV(sodium) so I can rehydrate myself so he did lol. After 2 bags, I feel a lot better. It's nice to be a part of the medical department. We take care of our own .

We'll see. Hopefully she'll buy it next week.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Administrator

Great Toy

Yea that mixer is a great toy to have round the kitchen. I picked one up last year for the wife's birthday, along with a few other items. We love having it, and even the kids use it for making cakes. I am still kind of old fassioned and have a hard time giving up doing things the hard way mixing by hand. Hopefully that will change.

My wife and I had both been sick before leaving Korea and she is still coughing now & then. In fact her coughing has been going on for months now. The problem now is that we are many miles from any military hospital so getting checked out is not as easy as it was in Korea. We will have to wait until our van arrives and we make our first trip to Germany for a food run.

Quote Originally Posted by george16
    What's going on with the weather in Michigan Joe. I just called my Mom earlier and she yold me that it was snowing in Troy.
    It has been a roller coaster ride for weather here the past couple weeks. Yesterday morning it was raining, then snowed early afternoon, then rained again, around 9pm we got out of a Roller Skating party that Zane had with his Floor Hockey team and it was sleeting huge chunks and snowing at the same time. We got around 1/2 inch of crystallized chunks and the roads were glare ice.

Now it is cold again this morning and not much going on. Katie and I are headed to KMart to get Austin and Zane the new Pokemon games. Seems your Mom's area will get hit hard then we will, it keeps trading off from west and mid to southeast every other day. Crazy!

Hey Lito have you ever visited the Tawas Bay area? When we drop Austin off to MDA summer camp we are thinking of camping at the State Park at Tawas Bay. Looks really nice.

Veteran
    The weather here has been awful, nothing but snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain, all in the same day......too funny on the Pampered Chef stuff, the wife has cabinets full of the stuff, I guess it's her UE "addiction"...Lito, Kitchen Aid stand mixers are the best!!

Well the weather has been fairly decent here low 70's in the day and down to low 50's at night. Perfect riding weather and I can't even get the Harley out of the garage , man the next 4 wks is going to be lonnnngggg !!!!!

I can't immagine living up north where all of you that are getting the snow & ice all the time, I would have to move cause that is just to much cold for me!LOL

Veteran
    Well the weather has been fairly decent here low 70's in the day and down to low 50's at night. Perfect riding weather and I can't even get the Harley out of the garage , man the next 4 wks is going to be lonnnngggg !!!!!

I can't immagine living up north where all of you that are getting the snow & ice all the time, I would have to move cause that is just to much cold for me!LOL
    No kidding, this year has been awful. Nothing but freezing rain last night, scattered power outages, localized flooding. Northern tip of the state got upwards of 20" of snow. It's a real mess outside....

Veteran

+1 what Kenny said!Gimmie my hot weather any day
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

Well it's been a while since I made a post in here so I thought I would bring it to the top, having a cup this morning
    So first off I got the cast off , started physical therapy yesterday morning Still sore as heck but it's bareable now. I have to go to P.T. 3 times a week for the next 2 wks and then back to work!

We had to break down and buy a new stove last week, oven quit working and I was just tired of messing with this old one. The wife and I went shopping for one and she found what she has been wanting for a lonnngggg time, but after she saw the price tag(6G) we went home with nothing. She him-hawed around for about 3 days and didn't order it so I called the guy to order it and he said he had just gotten one in and if I wanted it I could come pick it up. So I hobbled to the truck and took off to Houston to go get it while the wife was gone hehe
    I must say this is one bad azz stove! All stainless steel, 6 burners, griddle, large oven and small oven. Now when I got it home is when the fun began because this bad boy weigh's 600 pounds . It was a trick getting it in the kitchen but whe managed.
    Now I am going to end up remodeling the entire kitchen because it looks like h*ll with this bright-n-shiney new stove sitting in it. I had planned on remodeling the kitchen but I think it just got bumped up the project list now.

Veteran
    Wow Kenny, I take it it's not a Kenmore.........lol. Glad to see you have been able to get up and around better! Time seems to go by fast!!

No Kenmore, we looked at them and just didn't like them. We didn't want anything that had the digital readout displays. This bad boy has all dials for the burners & oven controls, the knobs are huge and easy to see. The control knobs are really kewl, they have a red back light any time they are on and the oven knobs back lights are orange until they get up to temp then they turn red. The stove is made by a company called DCS, They use to make commercial equipment under the Viking brand name and several others and now they sell directly to the public.

Well if it had been up to the doc I would still be in the air cast for a couple more weeks, I told him I wasn't having it and we needed to try the Physical therapy so if it didn't work we could get on with the surgery if needed.

Administrator

remodeling

The stove sounds like a great new toy for the wife. Now you can tell her that there better be some good vittals coiming out of that there kitchen.

Remodeling a kitchen can be a whole lot of fun as long as you have a plan up front, and have all of the materials before you even start the job. I did that project on our California rental house last June and boy was that fun. Of course I did a whole lot more than just redo the kitchen, but the kitchen was the coolest part of the job. I hung and mounted all of the 17 cabinets all by myself in two days. I mounted all of the bottom cabinets first (in one evening) just so I would have something to balance things on when I got ready to hang the top cabinets(the following day). The I put the three cabinets together for the island and mounted them to the floor. The only trouble I had doing the entire job was getting the very first cabinet (corner cabinet) set and leveled perfectly. The rest was a breeze. When the granite went in the only issue was moving one cabinet up 1/4" in the back(with a shim). When you put granite countertops in everything has to be perfect so there is ZERO stress on the stone. Otherwise it can crack. The granite is practically indestructable and it looks absolutely beautiful. The wife started to cry when she finally got to see the work I had done.

Just doing the job was fun, and a total learning experience for me as I had never done it before. As long as you have half a brain it is not hard to figure out. We had three contractor come in and each of them gave us great ideas about moving doors, and changing windows to make the space flow properly, but in the end after we received their quotes I told the wife to forget about paying them to do what I could do on my own. We ended up spending about $15K on materials, new cabinets, and stainless steel appliances for the kitchen and the contractors wanted about $40K to $50K to do the job for us, not including the materials. All of them wanted about $15K just to hang the cabinets. We tiled the floors, built a new laundery room with new W & D set, painted the entire space, put new windows in, removed one door, and opened up the main entryway 24" into the kitchen, ran new wiring, added receptacles, and plummed everything in without any outside help. Plus I put in a whisper quiet garbage disposal.

Kenny do it yourself and make sure it gets done the way you want it. Just go to the Home Depot look at models to help form your ideas, gather your materials, and go for it. The reward of knowing that you built it yourself will last for years.

Jerry,

I will most definately be doing it myself, I am going to build the cabinets from scratch. I used to set prefab cabinets in custom homes & condo's years ago( don't ask, long enuff LOL). I have already redone all the plumbing, and most of the electrical,changed windows, bought the appliances accept for the dishwasher so whats left to buy is the cabinet materials counter tops and me just making the time to do it. I have a few other project on the house I need to get finished before I start the kitchen, like dig up and replace the 500ft of water line from the road to the house and install a new tankless gas water heater.

Well today was a very good day for me, we had a bunch of friends & family over and boiled up a bunch of mudbugs and blue crab.
    We took all the kids down to the water and let them fish, nothing like seeing a 3-5 yr old catching fish!

Administrator

Thats Cool.

Sounds good Kenny about the kitchen work. I wish that I lived close enough to come on over to help out with the work. Plus eat some crab as well.

Yea watchin the kids have some fun is the best way to spend ones weekend. As they get older those sort of things begin to slip away. Our kids were off doing their own stuff, so the wife and I got on the tram and spent the afternoon trapsing about downtown Prague again. We founda beautiful park to stroll about, and then she found the only Hooters in teh Czech Republic. Whooohoooo. Great hot wings and I got to watch some racing and basketball. It was kind of a relief. After lunch we found our way into some famous squares and shopping areas that the wife was familiar with. She was spouting off all kinds of info but I was just taking in the sites enjoying the afternoon just the two of us. We took some hooters hot wings home for the kids and they were thirlled. Nice day all around.

Hmmmm mudbogs. I can't wait until I get back stateside. I'll definitely stop by your place take you up on your offer. I hope my retirement plans will go on as planned.

We might be having a flight deck cookout in a couple of days. We'll see how it will turn out. It's definitely a good thing to do instead of just sailing around aimlessly for the next 30 days or so.

Get well soon and congrats on your new purchase.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Lito,
    Just remember that mudbug season is about mid March thru May. Now if you make it by any other time I can hook you up with fried fish, shrimp or my home made Gumbo, best in Texas!
    I hope your retirement works out as planned bro, You deserve it!

I did get to go to the range today and finally shoot my new pistol, it's not new but new to me, they don't make them any more. This thing is a nail driver, I was extremely impressed!

Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum 6" Stainless Steel

Now that is a nice pistol Dirty Harry! haha " Do you mumur the lines too when you take aim......Go ahead Punk, make my day "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc

Very nice Kenny...

Actually I did make that comment today when my wife shot it, dang pistol is almost as big as she is LOL
    But actually the pistol Dirty Harry used was a Smith & Wesson model 29 .44 mag 6" blue, that's one of my next ones on the list.

Veteran
    Kenny, you were right, that thing is mint!! A great find!! You need a Python to go with it........lol.

Steve,
    Man I could not believe the groups I shot with the Anaconda, 2 1/2" 6 shot at 15 yards She is in very nice condition! A Python is the very next one on the list, then the S&W model 29 Dirty Harry Pistol, Go ahead Punk make my day!

Veteran
    Steve,
    Man I could not believe the groups I shot with the Anaconda, 2 1/2" 6 shot at 15 yards She is in very nice condition! A Python is the very next one on the list, then the S&W model 29 Dirty Harry Pistol, Go ahead Punk make my day!

Kenny, that is some nice shooting, especially with a .44 mag........

Man I couldn't believe it, I shot better with the .44 than I did with my M&P 9mm or the Sigma 9mm. My son couldn't believe it either, so he took some of the black/green target dots and put one on each shoulder,one mid chest and one middle of the head on a silouette target and ran it out to 15yrds. I put one dead center of each dot, 4 dots 4 shots.
    I haven't heard anything from Kimber, going to give them a call today and find out whats up?
    Looks like I'm going to have to send the new Sigma back to S&W, the slide won't lock back on a empty mag.

Veteran
    S&W's customer service is second to none, they will definately take care of you. I hope Kimber takes care of the issues you are having, it's just a shame that something as expensive as that doesn't run out of the box, especially when it's a known issue.

Well Steve that is exactly how I feel about it. My worst fear with the Kimber is if I have to send it right back to them a second time! I have been reading a bunch of post on the 1911 forum of complaints of other people having the exact same issues that I have and sent them in for repairs. There is 5-6 people on there that have gotten them back from Kimber and shot 50 rounds thru them and they are still doing the same thing and had to send them back again! If I have to send it back again, I am going to call Kimber and request to speak to someone in their management and not their tech support. They WILL make mine right or they are going to get real tired of me calling EVERY day and raising cain considering what I paid for it!

I have heard nothing but good on S&W service so hopefully they will get the Sigma turned around fast.

Well I'm beginning to wonder if the issue with the Sigma is that the main spring is still so new and tight that the slide isn't recoiling back enuff to make it lock open. Just took it out to clean it and put a empty mag in and it locked the slide open, tried the second mag and it locked open fine. Think I'm going to try running a couple hundred more rounds thru it and see what happens, seems to be a common issue according to the S&W board.

Good Morning All

Well I gotta head out here shortly to go to physical therapy, I have to go today, this Friday and then 3 times next week and it's back to work!
    Man I am so tired of just sitting around the house

Administrator
    Yea we are excited for ya Kenny. After a week or two you will telling us how badly you need a vacation. Never be in a rush to go back to work unless you are a lifeguard at wet & wild watching hot women in Bikinis go down the waterslides all day long. Now thats something to get excited about. Just messin with ya young feller. Break a leg sir.

Veteran
    Not an April's fool joke, we are ggtting a Nor'easter today, my area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow......I need to move somewhere warm!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by steve178
    Not an April's fool joke, we are ggtting a Nor'easter today, my area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow......I need to move somewhere warm!!!
    Sorry Steve. The only response that comes to mind at the moment is that "it sucks to be you". Get your shuvel ready and stay warm until the clowds break.

Man every day that passes by us here the weather just gets nicer and nicer. The sun has been shining all week, and it is nice enough to go outside without a jacket at mid day. It is quite cool early morning(about 40f), but the sun warms things up pretty fast to nearly 65-70f by noon. The flowers are blooming everywhere and these people take their little country gardens very serious. Its almost like a green thumb ego compitition around here. It sure looks nice, but I can kill most plants in just a couple of weeks if given the chance. The former tenants left some interesting plantings for us from what we have been told. Blackberries, rasberries, strawberries, blueberries, and the neighbors tell us that they spent most of the spring last year collecting berries through our back fence to help get rid of them all. Sorry for your bad luck on the weather Steve. You better move to Florida or Vegas.

Ahh Spring break is about to start for the kids, sitting here having a cup of coffee and the Bulldozer just showed up to start our outside track. I had a property stake survey yesterday so everything is in full swing here.

I will update later with some pictures. Austin named the outdoor track.....that is a surprise for the track thread.....

Thread Information