Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee With the Parrot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coffee With the Parrot

Good Morning UE world

Ok so It's my first day of vacation and was going to sleep in, I woke up at 5:15 anyway So this thread is purdy much what ever you want to chat about and let's see how long it stay going.

Well my oldest son "BFL300" bites the bullet tomorrow at 5pm , so I will have a house full of folks for the next week with people coming in from out of town. I think he got a keeper, I'm thrilled for him .

Heres's to Alan & Sarah

Congrats on that Kenny.... I made the decision this past weekend to quit drinking for good nobody asked me to or made me I just felt it would be a good choice
    -Chris

Awesome news Kenny. Congrats to your boy, I bet you are a very proud man!! Enjoy your vacation and family time.

Chris I was right there with you now 14 months ago, it was hard at times and I actually was in the party store a few times standing in front of the beer cooler ready to grab one. I needed to stop also and nobody told me too but I am glad I did. I feel better now.

I am painting our bedroom and looking at carpet online for ours and Katies room. Austin has college here in a couple hours because regular school is in Exams and he does not have regular school today because he is done with his. Four A's and a B+ this term, he just got accepted for a Job shadow for his career path and he gets to visit a PC gaming company in Ann Arbor in a couple weeks I am taking him to. He is real excited about it. Then as usual I will sit down tonight and do some wrenching on the RC's, that is my happy time!! haha

Hey Chris, If that's what works for you buddy more power to ya!!! Drinking has never been a real problem for me, very ocassional drinker really. Now if I could just get off these Smokes would be a major accomplishment for me!!!!

Joe,
    I am very glad to hear Austin is doing so well in his schooling , he seem's to be a very determined young man! Tell Austin I said hey and keep up the good work.

I got to get busy, got a million things to get done before everyone starts showing up here today for the wedding tomorrow.

See yawl at the coffee table tomorrow morning.

~Kenny

Veteran
    You know if i was on my vacation and woke up at 5:00 i'd been gone fishing in that sweet backyard!

I hear ya on the smokes Kenny these things killin me!I've tried to quit a couple of times but always seem to find them right back in my pocket.

Have fun on your vacation Kenny!
    Miss Vegas.18 burn'n up the water
    OS.21 revo 10 gallons on motor
    Slash 4x4
    H.R. muntant project

jonesing for UE parts monarchmt's Avatar

good for you

well enjoy your time off and do the things you want to do--

i won't keep you long---i know you need to get to the post office

i chewed tobacco for five years then decided life is short enough why risk ending it even sooner!!

i layed on the couch for 5 days sweating ,throwing stuff ,cussing, not sleeping etc. it was hard---but when the craving was over my energy level jumped up a couple of levels and i gained like 30 pounds. crap

but now i am actually trying to lose that weight-----ummmm fooood

so enjoy everyday to the maxx---supermaxx that is
    it's a nitro thing---===============>>>>>>
    when they see my SM-----they won't let me race==>

Veteran
    Enjoy the family time, enjoy celebrating your new family member but when its all done, you need to get back to work on all of your builds!!!!!

Cawfee Tawk...SNL classic!!

Congrats to the young lad, Kenny! Hope all goes well! Its the father of the bride thats supposed to be nervous!!!

Joe, a big high five to Austin on those marks!!

Just adding the finishing touches on my 29% Sbach for its maiden flight this week-end! I'll be sweatin bullets too, until it lands!

Thanks Everyone for the Congrat's on the new Daughter-in-law.

Steve,
    I'm trying really hard to get these builds going, just seems like every time I think I've got all the parts together to get a good start I'm short something or a used part is junk!

sooooo post office today??

Yes sir, your pull start was mailed this morning.

Sweetride, Your towers were mailed today also.

thanx buddy ol pal--

TYVM Kenny... I should get them Saturday so I'm gonna polish them real quick before I start my other project which will be to me Monday with any luck from the USPS... I can't wait
    -Chris

Congrats Kenny!!!!!
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Goooood Morning UE Addict's!!!

Thanks Lito, Well we did the rehersal last night and the dinner and everything went very well!! Today is the big day, 5pm this afternoon. Afterwards they are going to a country resort in Conroe for a couple days and then off to Vegas for 5 days.

So waz up with everyone else?

Wow Holy Moly, must have some newbie's to the UE world, check this out!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/UE-Racer-X-Lower...item5190d8f913

Mornin!

Just drinkin my coffee and readin email! Might be running the trucks this weekend!!! Kinda depends on the weather.

Just remember: What happens in Vegas...

-S
    "You, flock of seagulls, you know why we're here?"

Veteran
    Kenny, have a great time tonight!! No kidding, anything Racer-X or for that matter, UE is going for crazy prices, I don't remember all of the prices but I think for the complete rear set it is going to cost around $230-240.......

Ever since MM made the new run of set-backs & hi-impacts you just about couldn't give away the standard Racer-x rear lowers. I sold two new set's for $20 a set. Actually the prices have fallen off considerably from where they were about a yr ago, must be getting a surge of newbie's again because I have seen some people paying crazy prices again.

Congrats Kenny,
    I have about a six pack on the weekend but that's it and not all at one time.

All the best to your new extended family. You think you don't have any time now, wait till the grand babies show up.....

Boy am I glad I have 2 sons...... most of the time...lolll

The youngest (12) made Presidential honors 3 years in a row, 2 from Bush 1 from Obama. My oldest (13) he's really come around on his grades and has a very proud Papa... All A's and B's also making honors...

I tell them no matter who get's what grades as long as they try their best that's what counts....

I've still a full nest so nobodies going anywhere for a few more years.....
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

Thanks NN,
    Ohhh I already know all about the grand babbies, I have four grandson's and one grandaughter already!

Well the wedding last night went great, the reception was fantastic,nobody got drunk and showed their azz LOL!!! I'm thrilled for the both of them.

So waz everybody up to today? I got the pots a boiling, gettin ready to boil up a 100lbs of mud bugs. Time to munch on some grindage buddy !!!

Catch ya'll later this afternoon.

Glad to hear it all went well Kenny!!! Congrats to Alan and his new little lady

BTW - Got the towers today
    -Chris

Good to hear that Allan's wedding went well. It's Sunday morning here and I'm about to go to the ship to stand a 24-hour duty .
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Well the mud bugs were mighty tasty!!!! We just got finished cleaning everything up and I am not far from bed time now, I'm stuffed!!

Crayfish, ewwww....LOL!

Glad all went well, Kenny!

Maiden for me tomorrow...sofa king nervous...first "giant" for me. Went over everything with a fine tooth comb at least twice, lol!

Took the 6T out today and man this thing can haul! Had the SM out too! Gotta play fair, LOL!

Congratulations Kenny!!!

So...what's up...Well....My wife and I are house shopping. Had an offer in on a nice place, the sellers were packing, we were packing, everything was going smooth until the appraisal was done. Ouch. The appraisal came in 20k less than our contract price, so let the haggling begin. Well, we budged...offered to take the house AS IS at appraised value, instead of contract price with sellers doing all repairs. That didn't go over very well. Since the bank will only write the loan for appraised value, the sellers wanted us to make up the difference with cash. Apparantly they think their house is worth much more than appraised value, so in kicks the appraised value contingency in the contract, and the deal died a painful death.

Hopefully it goes much smoother next time we put in an offer on a place.

Anybody else dealing with house buying/selling in this market!
    Taxing a nation into prosperity is like standing in a bucket trying to lift yourself by the handle

Good Morning Everyone
    Well the weather here is supposed to get nasty tonight for the next three days, raining & cold so it looks like my motorcyle riding trip will get put on hold for a few days.

Hey BilletMaxx,
    Man I feel your pain on the house buying venture , been there done that but it's been over 10yrs ago for us. We just finished up the first phase of a 4 month remodeling project on our house and man am I glad that is over with .

Veteran
    Well it's 130 in the afternoon here.....it has been very nice out here!! Glad to hear the wedding went well!!! Hopefully I can get some wrench time in today and post up some pics of the Thunder!! Servos, tires, wheels will be here this week sometime, I need to order clutch, motor, pipe and figure out what body to put on it. I have decided on the LRP .28 since the price seems so reasonable.

Steve,
    You will be pleased with the LRP .28, especially for the price!

Well i finally got to pull the Harley out & go for a lil ride today, bout 2hrs and it was absolutely greattttt!!!!!
    Just got finished cooking up some big ole burgers on the pit, and they were mighty tastey!!

Ugghh... it's Monday at 6:18 and I'm back at work for a nice long week... dreaming of Friday at 3pm already :
    -Chris

I just got the kids shipped off to school and had breakfast and watched the rest of the Daytona SuperCross on the DVR. Got myself a hot cup of coffee and checking out my favorites on the net. I have a carpet guy coming out to measure two of our bedrooms today and I need to install our new ceiling light. Oh and laundry....I am beginning to hate doing laundry, it just never ever ends....

I hear Battlefield Bad Company 2 calling my name....boy is that a cool game!

Well I'm on vacation until next Monday!

I'm just sittin here having a cup, last of the company is leaving in a few minutes so everything will be back to normal.

My project for the day is hanging new blinds in the living room
    Then I'm gonna go play with some trucks cause ridin the Harley is out of the question with the weather like it is, raining again!

Veteran
    Just finished my 1st cup of coffee....well, wrench time yesterday didn't go as planned, something seems to be binding just a little so I took it back all apart. Unfortunately, it will have to wait today, gotta go to work in a few hours..........

Morning guys. Just got off work. Time to relax at the computer for a bit to unwind from the road.
    I see a nap coming in my very near future
    Taxing a nation into prosperity is like standing in a bucket trying to lift yourself by the handle

Off to work at this time. I'll be sitting in a meeting for the whole and nothing can beat this, yeah right. I'd rather be working than sit in a room with a bunch of officers and chiefs. It's a lot harder to keep myself awake listening to boring presentations.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Too keep awake, take notes. It makes it look like you care what they are talking about and keeps your mind in the game. The best way to take notes is on a tablet PC with a pen in MS Onenote. Then you can always secretly browse the internet http://www.tabletpcreview.com/
    T-Maxx 2.5 and 3.3 (4908)
    Supermaxx LRP Z28 Build to begin soon.

Morning All
    Well it's second day of vacation, slept in, having a cup of java and chillin. Got a few indoor projects to work on in the house then it's off to the shop for some truck time.

Well I got the blinds hung so my Boss is happy now I didn't get much time to play with the trucks though busy boxing up and shipping out parts. I will get plenty time tomorrow

Well today has started out pretty crappy!! I just got off the phone with the windstorm inspector, I have to cut plywood for every window & door with glass in it to get a windstorm inspection on all the windows I just had put in the house. That is going to be 36 sheet's of 1/2 plywood to store somewhere I was under the impression when I bought these windows that they were impact rated, they are not impact rated but wind rated to 140 mph. Man I tell ya what dealing with these windstorm inspectors ia a royal PIA!!!
    So there goes my play time, I'll be cutting plywood & installing clips for the next 2 days.

Thread Information