Thread: We have MOVED! 106 Dutchess Rd, Simpsonville, SC 29680

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar

We have MOVED! 106 Dutchess Rd, Simpsonville, SC 29680

Have moved? Are moving? Not really sure what tense to use.

I think about 70% of UE is in a cardboard box right about now. Wish it were 100% but there's only so much I can do.
    Maybe tomorrow will be 100%.
    Then there's the office, that'll be end of next week.
    The whole thing including living quarters will be gone from Dunwoody Drive by March 1st.

So please, if you have anything you are sending, send it to:
    106 Dutchess Rd, Simpsonville, SC 29680

Now, on to the future.
    Things will be hectic for the next few weeks while I figure out what's where and organize it.
    But, this is a really good thing for the future of UE.

First off, the 'dirty' side of the business has a 30'x40' space w/ 10' ceilings and huge overhangs. The office will be separate from living space (good for Robin's head.)

And it's all on a nice chunk of land so I can build a racetrack and even fly the smaller of the helis and planes.

Doing a major renovation on the house, kitchen, 1/2 bath and master bath, pretty much by myself too, just one guy helping me.
    The office is getting a dedicated server closet too.

And it's a stretch for me financially so I'm highly motivated to develop new product and have the space to do development w/o having to pack up and drive an hour or more to a track.
    I think I'll setup a new forum for new product requests.

The store will get redone soon and the forums will be updated to latest vB so we can open registrations up again (spammers have killed this version.)

All in all, this is a very good thing.

That and I've found lots of neat stuff y'all might like.

Anyone want tires? 4 huge boxes of tires - no, not the trash, this is good tires - I tossed the trash.

So please bear with me as I will be scatterbrained, overworked, underslept and running in every direction possible - but I will get caught up eventually.

Here's a pic of the shop from the back porch when it snowed a week or so ago. I though I had a pic of it after I finished painting the inside but nothing on the camera - oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

that is great news MM...i remember you were talking before about moving and you mentioned a new shop...................A NEW SHOP FOR MAKING NEW SUPERMAXX STUFF!

maybe we will see more razorbacks or some lightning chassis!you can sell the hell out of either one!!

AWESOME news Robin... congrats

Need any help
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sweetride4me
    Need any help
    Need tons.

Lots of peeps offer, no one shows up except some cute girls. Oh well

Congrats on your move Robin. I'll be doing the same thing(moving from Japan to Florida) next year when my Navy tour is over here in Japan. AT least you have cute girls to look at while you're working .

I'm interested in the tires. Let me know how. Thanks.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Administrator

Great News.

Wow what a way to start out the 2010 season. We all knew that you mentioned that you were moving, but this was the first we have heard exactly what the move was about. Thanks for sharing your intentions with us. It sounds as if you are making some improvements to your business setup and that is a good thing. Nice to hear of your ambitions to produce and move some UE product as well. From all the buzz out here there are tons of people wishing they could get their hands on what is known in the business as "The best R/C products on the market" for the Maxx trucks. It is amazing how resiliant these trucks are, and how the design is still a competitive mark on R/C. I for one love them from the engineering aspect and the ease of operation.

I look forward down the road to visiting your new shop some day, and maybe even running on your new track once it is setup and opporational. IMHO that is the best way to run an R/C shop. Having the gear is cool, but also having a test track is just awesome for your consumers. Great News Robin and good luck with the move Sir.

You have no idea.

I'd put an offer in just after Christmas. On the last day of bidding the listing agent did something that was pretty unethical.
    I was sure that my offer was not going to be accepted.

Headed for Savannah for new year's eve, doing 80mph down I95 and my agent calls me, says "are you sitting down" I'm like "ya, doing 80, why?" He says "it's yours!" 50 "holy s _ _ ts" later I still couldn't believe it.

Managed to close Jan 25th, which is real fast and have been renovating since.

At one point I was looking at floor joists, some were even removed, below that was dirt
    I sawzalled out the plumbing and still don't have plumbing. Really hoping to frame up the new walls this week and re-route the plumbing for the upstairs bath so I can have running water before I'm fully in.
    I will clearly be moving into a construction zone. But it'll be super' when I get done.

Other than no HVAC the shop will be done and the office will be pretty much done, but the house is a wreck and I'm about out of coin too. I'm looking around at things I can sell to be able to buy appliances - spendy little buggers.

Yea, I'll be selling the tires and more. Right now, they are all just in boxes, but I'll be unboxing them soon (soon being sometime after March 1st.)

Wow , Robin this is very good news! I look forward to seeing new UE product's. I have considered many other r/c but have had a hard time buying them because I compare them to the UE quality and I just keep coming back to the Tmaxx/UE platform because of it.
    I wish you the best in your move, Just moving into a new home can be a PIA and I can only immagine what it's like to move a buissness at the same time.

Good Luck, Kenny

Veteran
    That is awesome and encouraging news!!! Like Kenny and Jerry says nothing compares to UE!!! Congrats and wish you the best of luck!!

Good for you Robin. That is so awesome that you will be able to have a track and fly your birds at the house and around the shop. The product development will be so much easier to R&D having your testing facility right there.

I truly wish you a great year for 2010 and by the sounds of it you already have things moving in such a positive direction that nothing is going to hold you back. I am so glad to hear you talk about updating and redoing the site and the store and I am happy to be here and supporting you for years to come.

Sweet!!

jonesing for UE parts monarchmt's Avatar

Thumbs up onward and upward

congrats on a positive step forward--

i for one am glad you need--- "COIN"

this means you need to produce,engineer and sell your products again--yipeee

i will be waiting impatiently as usual!!
    it's a nitro thing---===============>>>>>>
    when they see my SM-----they won't let me race==>

Veteran
    this is awesome heres to you robin

This is great news. Congrats Robin
    Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm a schizophrenic and so am I.

Veteran
    Nice will it be time to build a new truck....

Congrats for your move ! Hope it'll give you more time to do the things you love
    perhaps it will represent the new start of UE we have been waiting for so long

I know a lot of people there who 'd be willing to come to help you move all your stuff, but we would have to cross the atlantic ocean

And have fun in your new backyard !!

That's a nice area! I have family in North Augusta. Hope the move goes as smoothly as possible.

To heck with the R&D, get settled and make some VBS, RacerX setups and knuckles.

Bring out the old tooling and get some stock, use the money from that to start on the new stuff....

Pretty Pretty Please Oh Master of RC design......
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    To heck with the R&D, get settled and make some VBS, RacerX setups and knuckles.

Bring out the old tooling and get some stock, use the money from that to start on the new stuff....

Pretty Pretty Please Oh Master of RC design......
    +1
    "You, flock of seagulls, you know why we're here?"

THATS GREAT NEWS ROBIN!!!

Any of those tires left?
    Things are looking up

RC in my Blood
    Once again It seems that i will be dreaming of buying UE after i get a job

Administrator

Updates

So Robin how is the shop treating you now that you have had a couple of years to get things settled in there? Did you ever get A/C put in? Is that your shop in the superduty truck armor project? Have you gotten a retail store setup yet, or are you doing all sales on line? Just curious as to how things went after you moved in there.

How did the house turn out? You were knee deep in renovations last time you shared anything on the forum. Inquiring minds would like to know. How are things going?

Thread Information