Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ISC (Insane Speed Contest)event in fontana california

Veteran
    At first today didn't go too well, after I geared up to a 30 pinion and 36 tooth spur I made a not very straight pass. I almost went through the lights side ways and managed a another 79mph pass. It was good but I expected more with gearing I was running. I also burned up the esc on that run. I went ahead and soldered some connectors on to my brand new esc and tried it out and it wasn't working properly. So I robed another esc out of my g-4 UE maxx geared down and took it out and tested it and burned it up in less than 5 minutes. That was it, I was done for the day and couldn't beat my 81.75 mph run. But guess what the guy from Florida didn't beat my pass either he only managed a 77mph pass.

I won the open wheel class and also hold the current ISC world record. Not to mention probably the fastest e-maxx based truck ever! I am sure the truck could of gone faster but equipment failure because of extreme gearing. Traction issues when I rolled into the throttle the tires broke loose and the truck pulled hard to the right side causing me to correct all the way down the track were my limiting factors. I actually needed more test time to get it dialed in and I am sure I would of broke a 100mph. Overall I did win and I am very happy about that. I want to thank all of you that supported me in this venture . Heres some pics.

Congrats man, it has been Great following this thread and seeing you win, truely Awsome

Congrats!

I'm waiting for next year! I know you can break 100 mph.

Veteran
    Thanks guys, I badly want that 100mph hat.

Veteran
    Congratualtions!!! Awesome thread!!!!

Congrats Beau...
    -Chris

Now that's Fast!!!!

River, you are a Lord of Speed. Cause that's unreal. I never would have thought a TMAXX could be modd'd to get that kind of speed and still have control. Looks like those big vertical stabilizers worked.
    Ouch, I've been hit in the wallet!!!!
    It's not fatal, just hurts like ______..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Now that's Fast!!!!

River, you are a Lord of Speed. Cause that's unreal. I never would have thought a *T*MAXX could be modd'd to get that kind of speed and still have control. Looks like those big vertical stabilizers worked.

*E*-Maxx.

Congratulations River!! Only if you had a better gyro! Or one that didn't fail

Great job Beau!!!!
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

I thought this thread just vanished. turns out, i just missed out on the results.... congrats on the win man! next year if you find an ESC that holds up, may i recommend some toe in on the back wheels and some super thick diff fluid. or possibly locked diffs since turning shouldn't be needed. I didnt read your setup for this truck so you may have already done this. but when i was going for top speed with my jato (just for fun) these are things that improved stabillity, traction, and takeoff control.... good luck next year!
    Learning is living

Veteran
    I locked the front diff with silly putty and had heavy greese in the rear. I also had toe in the front and rear. The reason 2 esc's blew was because of over gearing the truck. 1 was just faulty. I had way more power than anybody at the track except Nic Cases 12 cell car and I think I simply overpowered the traction of the tires. I probablt could of gone faster with a smaller less powerful motor.

Thread Information