Thread: My NeuMaxx

My NeuMaxx

I was not sure where to put my build thread so if it needs to be moved please someone feel frre to do so. If you want the background it is here:

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...hlight=neumaxx

The beginning:

The build to date:

Upgrades:
    Neu 1515/1y/f motor
    MGM Compro 160/18 controller
    5s NeuEnergy 5000 mAh battery
    RC-Monster custom battery tray
    Anderson Power Pole connectors
    FLM extended chassis
    FLM hybrid bulks
    HB 1/8 diffs
    Gorilla Max single speed transmission
    RC-Monster steel idler
    ProLine steering linkage
    Strobe slipper
    Strobe sprong
    Mod 1 gearing 51/20
    RC-Monster steel dog bone center shafts
    UE RacerX Super shocks (8)
    UE Knuckle head shock towers
    RPM suspension arms front
    RPM TureTrack suspension arms rear
    RPM axle carriers
    Traxxas 3.3 turnbuckles
    Traxxas 3.3 drive shafts
    Traxxas dust boots
    Onfa 17mm wheel hexes adapters
    Maximizer Bead Lock wheels
    Proline Badland tires
    Futaba S3305 MG steering servo
    Traxxas wheelie bar
    Traxxas wheelie bar wheels
    Futaba 3PM 2.4 GHz radio
    Lundsford Titanium hinge pins
    A complete set of Tonys Screws
    Strobe bulkhead braces

$ 2,197.00 USD
    It is better to burn out than to fade away-The Kurgen

Adding UE Knuckle head towers and RacerX arms.

The lower arms fit perfect, but the uppers on the FLM hybrid bulks will need some spacers to position it correctly. Any one have ideas? Notice the bent Lundsford titanium hinge pin? It might be time to upgrade to ejector pins.

Use the ejector pins. I still have to bend any of mine. As for spacers, you can use M3 washers or the stock traxxas caster blocks. Remember to put them where you want your caster angle to be. I'm using M3 washers as spacers on mine.
    Gmaxx
    VBS'ed Predator
    Supermaxx
    Revo 3.3
    Kyosho ST-RR
    Ofna CR1

Quote Originally Posted by george16
    Use the ejector pins. I still have to bend any of mine. As for spacers, you can use M3 washers or the stock traxxas caster blocks. Remember to put them where you want your caster angle to be. I'm using M3 washers as spacers on mine.
    Thanks as always Lito. Please keep checking back as the build progresses. Any advice will be apperciated.

Looking good, what charger are you using and did you get the batt at RCM??? I need to get a neu batt and am looking at the hyperion 0606I so I can get 5s...

Need new updated pics and change those FLM's to VBS and that'll help the bent hinge pin issue too .... just a thought
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sweetride4me
    Looking good, what charger are you using and did you get the batt at RCM??? I need to get a neu batt and am looking at the hyperion 0606I so I can get 5s...

Need new updated pics and change those FLM's to VBS and that'll help the bent hinge pin issue too .... just a thought
    Thanks, believe it or not I still use my Electri-Fly Trintron 2. I bought it with my first BL motor years ago at a LHS. If I would buy again I would get the Hyperion Duo. IMO it is one of the best chargers out there. Yes I did get it from Mike. You can't go wrong with a NeuEnergy or TrackPower battery.

I would love to get some VBS. I know there is only one post of somebody breaking them but at about $600 and the way I bash... As it is I am rethinking the RacerX arms. I think some High Impacts may be better, but for $60 I thought I would try them.

(The braces are yours )

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetride4me

Thats a 50watt charger and charging 5S, it will take a while because the currrent will be reduced to stay within the charger's 50watt output. It will charge a 5S, but only at 2.7 - 2.4amps. If its a large capacity, it will just take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by duster_360
    Thats a 50watt charger and charging 5S, it will take a while because the currrent will be reduced to stay within the charger's 50watt output. It will charge a 5S, but only at 2.7 - 2.4amps. If its a large capacity, it will just take a while.
    It takes close to 60 minutes to charge that battery. One of these days I will upgrade my charger.

better than my align charger... it takes hours to charge my 4s lipo..lol Thats why my next purchase is the 0606I I will say the align is a balance charger and only cost me $45 shipped though
    -Chris

Bad news for me I got some wrench time tonight and FLM hybrid bulks and UE RacerX arms don't fit. I am looking at shaving just a hair over 1/16 of an inch at each site where the arm attaches to the bulk for a total of 1/8 of an inch. Has anyone else tried this? What are my options?

Duh never mind. I can shift them back. I will just need to shave a little on the bottom arms.
    Last edited by mkrusedc; 08-16-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: noob!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Yes this is comen to do. Question is do you shave your $250 racerx or your $150(not sure on this price) hybid bulks.

^?? I'm all Electric nitrostarter's Avatar
    Mark, I highly suggest the Hyperion 720i! This charger is very nice and has all the Hyperion goodies as well as high charging rates. I don't know which hobby shop you use locally, but Adrenaline Hobby is located on W. Esplanade right off Causeway and they actually have a killer price on these, better than online retailers.

Veteran
    I am looking @ this one https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...alance/Charger Its got really good ratings. I currently have this one https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...lancer/Charger and it works really good but I want higher charge/discharge rate but for 250w charger with all those featres you cant go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrostarter
    Mark, I highly suggest the Hyperion 720i! This charger is very nice and has all the Hyperion goodies as well as high charging rates. I don't know which hobby shop you use locally, but Adrenaline Hobby is located on W. Esplanade right off Causeway and they actually have a killer price on these, better than online retailers.
    Excellent! I will drop by at lunch today. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rivermaxx
    Yes this is comen to do. Question is do you shave your $250 racerx or your $150(not sure on this price) hybid bulks.
    I actually shaved the arms....

Structurally there is more material on the arms. The FLM hinge pins loops are small in comparison and I know it is not much, but with the way I beat my truck stonger is definately better. I have more confidence in the UE part than the FLM.

I also have a second set if I want a shelf queen.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrostarter
    Thanks, he said he was expecting some Hyperion Duos. He is going to call me when they come in. I run two 2s packs in my E-Revo and have had my eye on that charger for a while.

Veteran
    Pictures!!!!

Feeding the Addiction
    Pictures are a great idea.

After a one year hiatus, I am back. Had a small bur on one of the stub axles, smoothed it out and the rear is on the chassis.

Now for the front end.....

Administrator

Glad Your Back At It.

Nice to see you back at it again. That is whats great about this hobby. Things do change, but you never have to be in a hurry. You can take years to do a build project if you wish, but don't wait too long or you will have a very hard time finding parts for your particular project. Looks good so far. Welcome back.

agreed Jerry

True Jerry. It took me about one and a half years to build my predator and it doesn't even have a motor or radio gear on it.

Looks good though! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Well I made a noob mistake. I had one of my upper arms on backwards. Duh, and I was wondering why it was having steering difficulties.

And after long last the a titanium skid plate. i have not been able to find a 3mm one so I settled on the 2mm:

I forgot how fun this truck can be! Old tire glue + 5 mins on newly charged 5s NeuEnergy batteries = unglued tires. Oh, and an almost completely aluminum truck with a UE monoblock extension and UE RacerX setback arms still flips.

Ok so I have been away for about a year. I need a stronger steering servo, a wheelie bar and a body that will fit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Hi All, It has been years and am thinking of either parting or selling my truck. Not sure yet...it was a labor of love. Just musing out loud. Are these 3906 builds antiques now?

Thread Information