Thread: LP series Monster truck and Truggy and ROAR

LP series Monster truck and Truggy and ROAR

OK I have eyeballed the LP series tires both holeshots and crimefighters. They look like you will get some better side bite and less ballooning due to a very small sidewall.

Now I'm being told they are not allowed by ROAR. Anyone here got the skinny on the tire regulations set by ROAR?

I've seen already a Mugen MBX5T using different Hex's with less offset so they could use a set of offset wheels that accept the LP series tires. The guy I spoke with said they are like night and day compared to MTR's.

Anyone have any input? Christmas is coming and I've been a very good boy.

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    Buggy tires?

=bad
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

you mean the LPR's that Taylor James won the ROAR Nats with???

seems legal to me, no?
    -Crash

very legal. These rims and tires were built around ROAR rules.
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

Sorry MM I meant LPR.
    The track I run at is a club track so everyone has their opinions and ideas about the ROAR rules. My rulebook is last years and I'm not sure how they define the tire regulations.

I do know that those LPR's are sweet!!!!!

I guess my next move is "Honey, I'm going to the hobby shop!"

I noticed the rims are different. So now it's not just a tire issue, rims need to be addressed as well.
    The guy I saw with a Mugen had changed his wheel hexes because he said there are no wheels available for the 17MM hexes. I guess thatmeans I'll have to get in touch with Dale and get his fancy 7075 T6 hexes for my Mugen.

who are you gettin this info from??

LPR Velocity 17mm Rims fits LPR tires, 17mm hex

#2699-02 Yellow
    #2699-03 Black
    #2699-04 White
    #2700-02 Yellow - ½” offset
    #2700-03 Black - ½” offset
    #2700-04 White - ½” offset
    -Crash

The LPRs are not the end all tire. They have their place. There was lots of guys running them this past weekend at the final Vegas summer series race and none of them were in the top. IMO smooth tracks and high bite tracks they will be dialed on no doubt. When it gets blown out I am not too sure. I even asked Jason Ashton about this yesterday at the Silver State track and he told me if he was running truggy yesterday he would of ran the MTR series tires for the track since it is a rough track or can be once even slightly blown out.
    Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfs4evr
    The LPRs are not the end all tire. They have their place. There was lots of guys running them this past weekend at the final Vegas summer series race and none of them were in the top. IMO smooth tracks and high bite tracks they will be dialed on no doubt. When it gets blown out I am not too sure. I even asked Jason Ashton about this yesterday at the Silver State track and he told me if he was running truggy yesterday he would of ran the MTR series tires for the track since it is a rough track or can be once even slightly blown out.
    Tom is right on. At the CORCS Finals this year the track gut rough and the bumps had sharp edges. I ran the LPR holeshots on my last quali, and was fast but the truck was real grabby everywhere. I put on some MTR Holeshots for the main, track was even rougher and they were the ticket, truck was much easier to drive and more consistant over the nasty rough stuff. If the track is smooth to semy smooth the LPR's are the absolute ticket!
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

I understand what you're saying. Different tracks different tires.

The Mugen Info was a guy who was visiting the track with an MBX5T Prospec, he had hexes with a lot less offset to them than the stock ones I had on my Prospec, I noticed he was using offset wheels though. He told me he could not locate the right rims with 0 offset to fit the LPR's.
    Hey I just saw them now for the 1st time. I guess I don't get out enough . lolll

The track I am at was recently redone and made a little bit larger, nice clay compound and a pretty fun track. It is all in all pretty smooth, not too rutty.

I do like my Crimefighter MTR's and now the track is a bit larger I want to get more of an offset, right now I'm using 0 offset, when the track was smaller it was very tight, now it has a little more breathing room.

Thread Information