Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AE RC8 Buggy

the best sponsorship to have, is a Hobby Shop

like http://www.rccompound.com for instance
    -Crash

R-C Junkie
    +1 on the Pound,have to give thanks to Homer at B-main and especially my bud Tom at Nitro-Toyz.com.Couldn't do it without their help.

Quote Originally Posted by imaxx21
    the best sponsorship to have, is a Hobby Shop

like http://www.rccompound.com for instance
    Tod is great and his support is second to none!
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

I was reading on the Grid this morning that lots of RC8's have been spitting out hingepins already. On there first outings. Goes to show that once a car gets in the hands of a the average joe problems start to arrise. I'm sure Richard S will get it sorted out but NO car is perfect the first go around
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

Hence why you dont buy one until the second go around and they work out the flaws that we "average" peeps find for some ungodly reason
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

R-C Junkie
    I hear that,I guess they all have their issues.It wouldn't be a normal day if you had nothing to wrench on while racing,would it?At least not for me,spend all week trying to make the cars trouble free and it always winds up being something.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    I was reading on the Grid this morning that lots of RC8's have been spitting out hingepins already. On there first outings. Goes to show that once a car gets in the hands of a the average joe problems start to arrise. I'm sure Richard S will get it sorted out but NO car is perfect the first go around

Yeah and your Losi "sponsored" opinion is taken with the grains of salt required, kthxbye. Stick to your own thread
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Einstein

R/C Car Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by sbess
    Yeah and your Losi "sponsored" opinion is taken with the grains of salt required, kthxbye. Stick to your own thread
    suck it. I've been listening for too long how the RC8 will be stronger and better than the 8ight ever was. Just stating facts, not making anything up

kthxbye....haha
    -Crash

lol

good one bess
    I lean it out, digging deeper, just to throw it away

Quote Originally Posted by ViLL
    lol

good one bess
    take your nut swinging to the other forum Vill.

By the way, were you able to find those "balls" you were looking for? I know Crash was wondering if you found them yet?

LoL

I'll play by the forum rules and keep it clean....

ya you will....
    -Crash

HAHAHA... Don't be hurt when I bite back Villy I'll take all you guys got, but love dishing it out as well

Oh, I'm not hurt Rich, and you call that a 'bite'???..........that's weak sauce

Oh, I'm not hurt Rich, and you call that a 'bite'???..........that's weak sauce
    thats all the "bite" I'm allowed on this PG Forum

Fondeled a RC8 today. Doesn't look too bad. I think the best feature on the car is the way the sway bars are mounted. CF on the car looks good but we'll have to see how it handles real world abuse. The hingepin area on the car looks really cheesy. I can see KH making a killing on upgrades on this car!

Something I find odd, is when Rich is interested in switching products, he posts alot in the thread, asks questions, then WHAM. Switcheroo!

When you getting yours, Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Something I find odd, is when Rich is interested in switching products, he posts alot in the thread, asks questions, then WHAM. Switcheroo!

When you getting yours, Rich?
    keep dreamin bud. wouldn't run that turd if it was given to me Just finished signing my contract with Team Losi last week for next season

Just finished signing my contract with Team Losi last week for next season

Bahahaha!!!!! "Signed contract" that's priceless!

R/C Car Magazine

keep dreamin bud. wouldn't run that turd if it was given to me Just finished signing my contract with Team Losi last week for next season
    I feel the same way about Losi products

running out on the track to flip my truck over
    Fondeled a RC8 today. Doesn't look too bad. I think the best feature on the car is the way the sway bars are mounted. CF on the car looks good but we'll have to see how it handles real world abuse. The hingepin area on the car looks really cheesy. I can see KH making a killing on upgrades on this car!
    talking points come in from headquarters today?
    Gidddy up.........

I feel the same way about Losi products
    your loss JR.

Yes, they did lose GiL Losi Jr. didn't they.....

Yes, they did lose GiL Losi Jr. didn't they.....

R/C Car Magazine

that was awesome bess!

Don't really know how that "owned" me but I guess Bess was looking for something to use that on

Loosing Gil Jr. is definitely a great loss for Team Losi. But if he wasn't happy there its better for both Team Losi and Gil Jr. to part ways.

R-C Junkie
    These hinge pins look like all they are held in by is a button head screw.Not a larger washer or more to cover the pin so it doesnt back out?Havent got mine yet,but if that is the worst problem it has(which we know will have more than one)I guess it isn't to massive of a fix.The upper front hingepin mounting looks a little weak in the support department,have not seen one in person yet though.

So far the word is boiling the upper hinge pin brace (top plate) and adding washers to the hingepin capture screws. Weve had RC8;s in since monday, first local race was tonight. About 8 regulars in the shop jumped ship and went AE, so well see what happens. Only thing I have disliked so far is the clutch shoes/springs. I put em on for one of the guys at work and man, what a pita. Im sure over time one would get fast at it, but if AE doesnt come out with a tool, I would use a standard clutch. Other than the other hingepin point Rich mentioned, I think it looks pretty solid. Steering is pretty crazy, we added about 20 clicks or so on the EPA on my buddies Z1 each way. I also like the motor mount, no need to buy an aftermarket one peice.
    Official member of the "IDGRA how many posts you have!" club.

Your best teacher is experience. Your best source of information is word of mouth – that is others with hands on experience. -MonsterMaxx

R-C Junkie
    Is there enough room to run a Losi clutch or only a standard like a Jammin 35mm?Also does it steer pretty tight,maybe as much as an 8b?

I got one on wednesday, Will keep everyone updated with video's and pictures

Thread Information