Thread: Cheers to you Robin!!!

Feeding the Addiction

Cheers to you Robin!!!

Started on my tank install tonight and all I have to say is that Robin, you sure did your homework!!!
    Everything is going smooth.
    As you (Robin) know, I spent enough time emailing you asking questions so it was obvious that I was excited about getting this kit. I've read the online instructions a million times before I even got the kit so I know it pretty good.

So far I have about 3 hours into it and I'm to the point where all I have to do is clean the inside of the frame up and mount the tank. I think pretty much everything else is done.

Disassembly - check
    Skid plate install and straigtening of the original plate - check
    Igniton/seat latch relocate - check
    Siren relocate - check
    Fuel pump in new tank - check

I've dry fitted the tank in and it seems to fit nicely without any troubles but I'm still going to make sure there are no sharp edges.

Since I have the rear swingarm off, I'm going to take it to get polished. I also have to do a little work on my exhaust so I really won't be done for a day or two but the kit rules.

I must say, this is a very easy project that ANYONE can do!!
    Very simple and easy to follow instructions!
    Cheers to you Robin!!!

Thanx again!!!

Al

P.S.
    I was going to take pictures of the steps of the instal but I really haven't found anything that I feel isn't already shown in the instructions. Maybe I'm lucky cause I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood).
    Once I'm done, I will post some complet bike photos just for fun.
    If anyone has any problems, feel free to PM me and I'll help in anyway I can and I'll keep posting on the board!!

Feeding the Addiction
    Look at me, thought it was going smooth!

One quick question:

When putting in the saddlebag brackets back in, it says to "countersink" the new bolts.
    Now, am I supposed to drill the holes out a bit because it seems to me that with useing the supplies bolts, they still stick out about the same as the stock ones.
    It makes sence to have to have a little more clearance in this area but there is so little metal on the bracket that if I need to countersink these new bolts, it might break.

I guess I'm just a little confused what is supposed to go on here.

Al

RC in my Blood
    yes counter sink the brackets, ie; the holes where the bolts go through the brackets.

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    Countersink the brackets where the bolts go in.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Feeding the Addiction

Basically done!!

Basically done, just waiting for my swingarm to get back from polishing.
    This was one of the most painless installs I've ever done, again anybody can do it.
    I might have missed it in the instructions but one thing I did to make my tank slide in easy was to re-route the tank vent tube to the other side of the frame in which it came through. Originally it's comes through the tank side, I re-routed so that it came up over the frame tube on the engine side. Hopefully that makes sence. When you take it apart, it should.
    Here's the finished product: (I hope the pictures show up)
    Thanks again Robin!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information