Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '06 night rod install

Feeding the Addiction
    hi,
    i, just got my tank last month, i've been waiting since january, and bought it thru V-Mod, 450. not bad, considering the upgrade, as of now i, love not having to stop for gas ever 85 miles.
    This is the tank to go with, that guy in germany wants almost 600. and well, its made in germany.
    good luck with that.

Feeding the Addiction
    Robin, any news on the VRSCD passenger peg solution. I assume you got a bit distracted by the belt clearance problem. The good news is that when I finally get my tank it will come with both problems solved.

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by RixRod
    Robin, any news on the VRSCD passenger peg solution. I assume you got a bit distracted by the belt clearance problem. The good news is that when I finally get my tank it will come with both problems solved.
    Robin, I am another VRSCD rider who will be purchasing a tank when your passenger peg solution comes out. I appreciate UE keeping us up to speed on the issue. Just wanting to chime in so you know there is a market for your fix!

Feeding the Addiction
    Robin, congratulations on an excellent solution to the belt clearance problem. I didn't fully appreciate the problem until I installed my chrome swingarm. The H-D dealer that pressed in my new pivot bearing didn't seat it fully so the belt actually rubbed on my gas tank. I wonder if bearing position can account for some of the variation in belt clearance people are seeing. I was surprised that the only thing keeping the swing arm from moving laterally to the right was the friction fit between the bearing and the swing arm. I expected some kind of flange or pin to prevent this. If that bearing fails at high speed, it could be a disaster. Fortunately it doesn't see the movement or stress that the axle bearings see. I view the new tank strap as a major feature of your tank and am glad that it will be a part of my installation. You turned a problem into an improvement.

Now that that crisis is resolved, any news on the availability of the new muffler/foot peg solution for the D-rods? If it shows the same thought and quality that you put into the tank strap, it will be worth waiting for. I'm more anxious than ever now.

Feeding the Addiction

Question

Its been very quiet on this topic for the past month or so... any news to report on the bracet?

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBill864
    Its been very quiet on this topic for the past month or so... any news to report on the bracket?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Is the "solution" still on track?

Feeding the Addiction
    The last "official" info we received about the "D-Mod" was in April. Since then, all requests for information have been ignored. Robin, can you give us a little encouragement?

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    I'm not the one making this one. Steve from V-Mod let me know that he was on the project and I didn't want to step on his toes. I know he's close, but has so many projects it's just not getting completed.

Soon I hope...all I can do is encourage him
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Feeding the Addiction
    Thanks for the reply, Robin. I appreciate any input. It makes waiting more tolerable.

Do you know how this is going to work? When we buy a tank from you, can we get the kit from you also or do we have to buy it from V-mod? I know it's premature but any info you can share helps.

I've already ordered a bunch of them from steve. We'll keep them in stock here too.

Feeding the Addiction

Unhappy

Well, another summer month has passed and no "D-Mod". I sent an email to Steve at V-mod asking about it a few weeks ago but got no response. I'm afraid that now that it's out of Robin's hands, it has no priority. Robin had a vested interest in producing it. Steve probably has too many other more important things to do.

Robin, can you nudge Steve or induce him to pass the project back to you? I'm surprised that you let it go since it is the key to selling expanded tanks of any kind to D-rod owners. You could have had a lock on the market. I just hope Steve doesn't take advantage of our situation and price it through the roof. That would be a show-stopper for me. I would give up the rear pegs first.

Sorry if I sound cynical but I started this thread in April and I'm anxious to get a bigger tank. Now that the "D-Mod" has been out-sourced, I'm getting discouraged.

I'm sure Steve is just busy with summer stuff, cut him a little slack. He did mention something recently about being almost done, but I don't know much more than that.
    I'll nudge him on it...

Feeding the Addiction
    Thank you, Robin. I appreciate it. I am trying to be patient.

Feeding the Addiction
    Duly nudged. Its the rubber isolation thats the issue. Finding a bushing this size that will hold up seems to be a little trickier than planned. I feel this should be worked out very soon.

Feeding the Addiction
    Thank you for the input Steve. I'll reset to patient waiting mode again.

Feeding the Addiction

Feeding the Addiction
    I'm not worried about steve's , or robin fix for the D, A couple of us took the rode of inginuatie and solved the issue's are selves. took some work, but, works fine. and looks stock. Ever Harley is a little customized.

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by fxdlmarsh
    I'm not worried about Steve's or Robin's fix for the D. A couple of us took the road of ingenuity and solved the issues ourselves. It took some work but it works fine and looks stock. Every Harley is a little customized.
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing.

Feeding the Addiction

Any Updates

I know some of us have modified our existing footpegs to make it work but was still hoping for a alternative solution. Any word from Steve at V-mod?

Feeding the Addiction
    One last ping of the board before I dive in and attempt a mod of my own... I can't live with the limited range any another year.

Any status on the peg mount that was so close so long ago?

Thread Information