Thread: missing part with my order

Feeding the Addiction

missing part with my order

The mechanic installing the fuel tank is "ALMOST" fiinished... except that he is missing the float sensor strip. I don't believe this was included in my order. Since there is no phone number that I can call regarding this, I'm hoping you can help me !! I need this part as soon as possible. The order number is #S070394!

Thanks
    Marilynn

Robin Oury, UE's owner MonsterMaxx's Avatar
    YGM, YGVM and we've already talked on the phone...

For others with this question:
    Right at the end of the RevAs we changed the installation of the sending unit to make that step a whole lot easier. There’s no cutting, no bending and we eliminate the sensor strip extension.
    And I sent everyone with a RevA kit an email with this information.

See pages 10 & 11 of the RevA instructions
    http://www.ueusa.net/Instructions/VRtank/VRtank.pdf

You can also have him call us directly at

Regards,
    Robin
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Feeding the Addiction

Smile

I got an answer 2 seconds after I posted this... you guys are awesome !!

Thanks

Marilynn

Feeding the Addiction
    i had an issue with what was in the box but made due, the extra bolts that were supposed to be supplied were not there (the countersuck bolts), i didn't bother to put them on, the bracket is sucured by a few other fasteners, no biggy. And also there was no silly putty or scotch brite pad to clean the sensor strip. Besides that the tank went in smoothly and is pretty much finished just have to put the swing arm and wheel back on..... thanks for the extra capacity.. ride safe all

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by bryrap
    i had an issue with what was in the box but made due, the extra bolts that were supposed to be supplied were not there (the countersuck bolts), i didn't bother to put them on, the bracket is sucured by a few other fasteners, no biggy. And also there was no silly putty or scotch brite pad to clean the sensor strip. Besides that the tank went in smoothly and is pretty much finished just have to put the swing arm and wheel back on..... thanks for the extra capacity.. ride safe all
    I recommend installing those countersunk bolts, especially if you ever plan on carrying a passenger! If they were missing from the kit I'm sure Robin will get them to you ASAP.

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by rattletrap
    I recommend installing those countersunk bolts, especially if you ever plan on carrying a passenger! If they were missing from the kit I'm sure Robin will get them to you ASAP.
    Well...already put the bike back together, and the way i look at is there are several guys not even running the saddlebag support brackets, if you have the base plate which is still attached to the frame i really don't see an issue, plus no one over 120lbs goes on the back

I haven't run the fender/saddlebag brackets since 2003 and have lifted the whole bike by the rear fender numerous times.

Having reformed the inner fender to fit the 250 I can attest to how strong it is. Believe me, that thing is STRONG.

As to missing items, that sure sounds like a goodly number of missing things, like a whole package was missing out of the pack. I think maybe we need to add an inspection, like weigh check the hardware box.

For specific users missing items, the best thing to do is contact is via email and include at the very least your name, order # would help. Your forum nickname means nothing to the store and unless you happened to use your real name for your nickname it's very difficult for us to match the two. Bryrap.

Feeding the Addiction
    Robin i wasn't going the sweat the small stuff, it was only a couple of things and i actually forgot about the bolts at first then said the hell with it. But i guess it would be a good idea on your end to triple check the boxes. I was impressed how you packed everything. The install is done and really wasn't to bad at all. I can't wait to fill up the beast. Just waiting on my GM relay. Oh yes i also wanted to give you a heads up that you need to partially disassemble the rubber mounting hookup on the Thunderheader bracket to get in. It was obvious the tank wasn't going to slide through.

??Thunderheader bracket??

what is that? pics?

Feeding the Addiction
    alright i'm not around the bike right now, but its part of the mounting system, theres the bracket that attaches to the bike but where the pipe attaches to the bracket there is a circular rubber piece that has a threaded stud on each side. One side is to the pipe and the other is toward the wheel. The stud towards the wheel hits the tank. I first cut the excess stud before the nut and still didn't clear. So i had to loosen up the whole attachment and slid it out to clear then just re-attached, it wasn't a big deal, but i figured you would like the heads up

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaxx
    ??Thunderheader bracket??

what is that? pics?

It's the bracket that comes with a Thunderheader to attached it to the rear of the bike, I guess the stock one isn't in the right place.
    I had mine put on for me so I actually didn't see it through but I've since worked on it and it makes sence.

Al

Feeding the Addiction
    Thunderheader is an aftermarket exhaust slip-on.

Feeding the Addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by skipmccall
    Thunderheader is an aftermarket exhaust slip-on.
    you are right, I have one

Thread Information