Thread: Is it Possible to turn an MBX5 into an MBX5R?

Is it Possible to turn an MBX5 into an MBX5R?

I think i read somewhere that the differences are minimum, for example, that the Mbx5r's shocks are a bit longer. Would it be possible to buy some MBX5r parts and put them on the mbx5 to make it an mbxr?? or is there some conversion kit already available?? or is it not possible at all??

all input is appreciated , thanks.

-Crash

There is one available... WAY better off eBay'in what you got imo and starting off fresh over the price tag for everything needed to completely make the switch.
    Tom...

+1

if you're serious, i would get a new one...with the money you gotta spend it aint worth it IMO
    -Crash

alright, so a conversion kit is out of the question. Im just gonna stick with the prospec, there is no room in the budget for a new buggy right now, maybe in a few months. Thanks for the responces

Whats different about the centre diff mount, pivot balls, radio tray mounts and linkages? I have 2 mbx5 kits and the new mbx5r and i didnt notice anything different when i was building it...
    Big donk + Little truck = Fun!

The little plastic loop on the bottom of the center diff would keep the servo wire from rubbing the brakes. Now they have that loop on the radio tray mount.

On the brake linkages, they now include two small washers to raise the top brake linkage piece on teh servo horn. It is held by a 2x12mm cap head instead of a 2x10mm phillip head screw. Then on the brake arms, they include two small cone pieces to rest in teh loops on the arms.

Pillow balls are the same unless they mean the 7mm balls for the thicker steering tie-rods.

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC
    http://www.tonysscrews.com

Ah thanks for clearing that up tony, i guess im just lazy i have both cars sitting on my bench right now lol. A question with the linkages but, i noticed those funny cone shapped pieces but in the intrusctions they wernt mentioned, it said use the normal fuel line. Whats your opinion, cones or fuel line?

Oh and for raising the brake linkage i used a UE ball stud that would usualy be found in the end of a supershock, it gets the linkage up a bit higher and is near on dead-level
    Big donk + Little truck = Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemaxx
    Whats your opinion, cones or fuel line?
    You use both.

Thread Information