Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Losi 8ight and 8ight-T Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe
    7lb buggy....nice. Specs indicate the 8ight-T is suppose to be about a 1/2lb lighter than the 5T ?
    I hear the 8ight-T has "crazy acceleration" So when you going to make those nice engine mounts of yours for the 8ight Dave? Theresa million of these things out there and I bet I can sell a whole bunch of them
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

nice..think mine is 7lbs 10oz
    -Crash

Quote Originally Posted by imaxx21
    nice..think mine is 7lbs 10oz
    I guess Dave is right then, thats almost 1/2 a pound right there.
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

guess we'll see how the drive line holds up to the 'real dirt'
    -Crash

guess we'll see how the drive line holds up to the 'real dirt'
    why would it hold up any differently than what I've been running on? Theres nothing harder on cars than the track I ran on , surface is hard like concrete and TONS of traction. Funny thing is, more Mugen's break at that track than Losi's do

WOW, that Losi is really light. How far off is that from stock Rich (as in what did you do to get rid of weight)?

As for the 8ight-T, if it is lighter than the MBX5T, it'll only "possibly make a difference" at local club races where they don't weigh the cars. Roar and R/C Pro series rules are 9 lb minimum and I know my MBX5T ready to race w/o fuel was an ounce or two under. I didn't add weight though because as soon as it got dirty the dirt made it over 9 lbs...LOL

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC
    http://www.tonysscrews.com

Did the RC Pro series change the weight requirements this year ? This is what I have for arena trucks

Minimum weight - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2750grams (~6 pounds)
    Maximum weight for the safety of turn marshals ------------------- 13 pounds 6 ounces

Did the RC Pro series change the weight requirements this year ? This is what I have for arena trucks

Minimum weight - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2750grams (~6 pounds)
    Maximum weight for the safety of turn marshals ------------------- 13 pounds 6 ounces
    I hope your right Dave.

Tony, I had Wayne weigh his Mugen truggy ready to run with no fuel and a Lipo battery installed and he came in at 9 pounds 5 ounces. And that was with holeshots wich are the lightest of the tires. So even at that weight if the 9 pounds is the minumum the 8ight-T can a 1/3 of a pound lighter still. Still quite a bit of weight.

The only things that are on my car Tony to make it lighter is the Lipo battery and Lunsford Turnbuckles. Dace hubs actually add 4 grams wich is nothing for the benefits they have.

I just checked the 2007 RC Pro series rules. For Arena truck it's 7lbs 6ozs as a minimum weight.

I just checked the 2007 RC Pro series rules. For Arena truck it's 7lbs 6ozs as a minimum weight.
    Awesome, now we just need to get Roar to wake up and smell the coffee

Any plans for engine mounts Dave?

Rich..Maybe, hopefully I made the list with the 1st ones from RC Compound.

Rich..Maybe, hopefully I made the list with the 1st ones from RC Compound.
    You have a voluntary tester here when you ready

You made the list Strobe, you got the last one on the first batch. maytagman

Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    Awesome, now we just need to get Roar to wake up and smell the coffee

Or just wake up. haha
    ~Eric

Quote Originally Posted by maytag
    You made the list Strobe, you got the last one on the first batch. maytagman
    AWESOME! With Strobe getting one, I'm garunteed some sweet parts for this beast

Hmmm, Losi parts are not good huh? POS Losi. lol
    Tom...

truck looks pretty bad on the track...
    -Crash

and by bad, i mean bad...lol
    -Crash

RC BOCA
    lmao

and by bad, i mean bad...lol
    I smell Jealousy Wayner

Mugen must be a turd then hey Tom? You got aftermarket chassis, and engine mount

Just a motor mount here... and I never posted ah finally some good parts for my toy. lol You dropped your own dime there.
    Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfs4evr
    Just a motor mount here... and I never posted ah finally some good parts for my toy. lol You dropped your own dime there.
    yA, ya, ya. What I ment by good parts was the engine mount and you know it smart @$$!

AWESOME! With Strobe getting one, I'm garunteed some sweet parts for this beast
    PartS...plural? What else besides the engine mount are you expecting Rich?
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Einstein

R/C Car Magazine

www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Hey Rich, is there any pressure being a Teamer? That would suck if you got spanked by a non-team Alaska Losi guy at Peel-it.
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmanak
    Hey Rich, is there any pressure being a Teamer? That would suck if you got spanked by a non-team Alaska Losi guy at Peel-it.
    No pressure, could get beaten by an Alaskain, would take an act of God but could happen Although with all these Big races you attend you have far more experience than I, so you "should" beat me. But we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by sbess
    PartS...plural? What else besides the engine mount are you expecting Rich?
    Don't want anything else actually.... My freind actually installed the Losi Spindles ad they look killer, plus they actually add quite a bit more steering throw. That is the only part I'd consider putting on my rigs for the extra steering, but I'd have to weigh them first

Veteran
    And people take the piss outta me for saying actually

Not sure what Stock means RcBro's Avatar
    my 8ight should be here tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by RcBro
    my 8ight should be here tuesday
    nice

You really have to stop living up to the stereotype about dumb Californian beach bumbs Bess Thats Booyah your thinking about that runs 2 months year, I race all year long bro, going this Saturday as a matter of fact

Sorry Booyah, BURN!

Hey watch it---Ill take your goodie back
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    Hey watch it---Ill take your goodie back
    HAHAHA.... I take it all back!

Hey Supermaxx, Just wanted to say thanks for your informative posts. I've been reading here, all of rctech, now working away at the grid.

I posted this on rctech but maybe it'll get a response here:

As I read through everything I took some key points and questions that seemed to be asked frequently and build a small Losi 8ight fact. Which can be found here:
    http://rcbros.com/forum/forum_posts...2879&PN=1&TPN=1

two questions..

1. I know the throttle servo isn't a problem when setup correctly, I have a Hi-tec 5955T and the Airtronics 93458. Normally, I would run the hi-tec for steering, but do you think because of the possibility of a fried servo, I should run the hi-tec for throttle? Note: I know that is set properly, i shouldn't have a problem, but i like to be assured lol.

2. With my MT I was really lazy when it came to shocks. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to create a how-to on how to properly build the losi 8ight shocks. Using the thread lock, and the green slime etc.. I would like to make sure I'm doing it right. If I can have permission to use it I'll even shoot you a few bucks as well.

Had a rough night Friday night, as far as the qualifiers go. During practice I was having issues with my clutch, it kept locking up on me, I didn't change anything from the last time out except the clutch shoes. Maybe not shimmed right, but I didn't have a problem before.

1st round I flamed out due to the clutch issue I think. Only got like 5 laps in I think. So I tore into the clutch to try and figure out what the heck was going on. While looking at it I didn't like how the motor felt when I was messing with the clutch. So I tore it down thinking something was wrong with the rear bearing. It's a TKO ceramic in my Plus 21, and it felt like it had a lot of side to side play in it. A couple of friends who know more about engines than I, said it was normal. Anyhow I didn't make my 2nd qual. Another friend let me run his Werks B3, kind of been kicking around getting one so I was looking forward to running it. Well in a rush to get it mounted up, I didn't realize that he pulls the head off to mount it to the motor mount, so the head screws were not tight when I mounted it. I head out in the 3rd qual during warm ups and this thing is just rippin', I was over jumping everything. I was able to hold a inside line heading into a triple and still make the triple, that I normally would go just a little wide. As you probably figured the head screws worked lose at the start of the heat and the engine lost power. Not knowing the problem I pull into the pits and he takes a look at when he realized what happend, with an OH !! look on his face and mine. Luckily everything was ok. We got it all put back together and ready for the main, where I started last. It took me a few laps to get used to the extra low end that the B3 had. Once I settle in, I was able to make it up to third and ran there until the leader broke. So I gladly took over 2nd and that is where I finished. I was really impressed with the B3 and it just might find its way onto my 8ight. Right now it's between the B3 or the Go 5 port. Both sound like excellent bang for your buck motors, good for club racing.

Luvin' my 8ight,
    Mitten
    It's not about winning. It's about making fun of your friends that you leave in the dust.

Good job Mitten

RC BRO, Don't know anything about the Airtronics 458 servo? I say run that on the throttle. If it craps out then get the 5955 for throttle as well.

Good job Mitten

RC BRO, Don't know anything about the Airtronics 458 servo? I say run that on the throttle. If it craps out then get the 5955 for throttle as well.
    Sorry, 94358z... Typing to fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by RcBro
    Sorry, 94358z... Typing to fast lol
    358 should be fine. I'm running the 361 Rock Crusher in my car and its been good for 3 gallons. If it does crap out I'll be going back to 5955 Hitec on the throttle as well. 361 is identical to your servo, it just has all metal lightened gears...

Thanks Rich!

I eventually plan to go 5955 on both, but until then...

Thanks again

Mine arrived today.. Would like a new lid, but this will do for now

Nice, I prefer the stock wing as the aftermarket ones look HUGE on the 8ight... Body looks pretty good as well. When your ready for a new one, Greg is the man

I noticed the same thing, It came with 1 more down force wing with holes dremeled on the rear arch, and a stock black wing.

Have you noticed any performance gains with a down force wing compared to stock?

A little more insight on "greg" ? I'm terrible with names lol.

I went the extra mile and got another 5995T so I'll be running two on the buggy along with a JP-3 and O.S. VG

Thread Information