Thread: New Scooter

New Scooter

Got my new off-road scooter last week. It's a Goped GTR w/ 46cc engine. Engine has been Head Kitted, Ported, and a few other things have been done. Geared for around 40mph. Have not GPS'd it yet. Like to have the extra rip for playing in the dirt. It has F/R suspension, aftermarket deck, race pole and a few other things. Probably gonna do Hydro's again later. Tons of fun so far. My boy is building me a 65+ mph beast right now that is a road machine to run with my black EVO in the pics. Or should I say Out Run my EVO. If you are in to toys like me and if you are on this site ,obviously you are. You need to get you a ped to play on. Later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gotta go, new parts just arrived !!

Offroad scooters? No thanks....

Get a quad, or a real motorcycle. That thing needs a receiver and servos.

Had Quad's and Dirt Bikes all my life. Too hard to find places to ride anymore. When you want to ride you have to travel couple hours or so. Not to mention gets harder to make plans with your friends when everyone has kids and always has work or other obligations. Besides, I can take this with me ANYWHERE. No trailer or anything else. I drive a CJ7. So this just folds up and fit's in the back. I have taken these many places. Friends house's for get-togethers, my family neighborhood (80% relatives), mother-in-law lives about 4 blocks from my house so it's comes in handy back and forth. No it's not the same as being strapped to a 250R. But it definitely has it's advantages. Besides, in a lot of states they are street legal. No I dont plan to get on a busy highway but I ride it for many miles down backcountry roads and scenic routes through nice wooded areas with no problems. If you have never rode a scooter like one I have that is being built where you can cruise at 40 mph just 5 inches off the ground, wack the throttle, pull the front end up and continue to haul tail then dont knock it til you try it. I dont ride stock . I've never had one person ride one of my scoots and not come back with a big 'ol grin from ear to ear. Problem is that where I live used to be country few years ago. Had tons of places to ride. Now it is the fastest growing area in Louisiana right now. So subdivisions are coming up everywhere. Even areas just a couple hours away that was Jeepin' Heaven and Dirtbike Heaven is closed now. What is really funny is when someone rides one of these superfast ped's comes back after riding one and is speachless and in disbelief. I'll try to post a pic of some of these beasts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah I have seen them and ridden a couple.
    Bein frum da big city, dey have a lot of those durn scooters round here.
    Even hopped up they are too slow for onroad and not versatile enough for offroad, basically a light trail rider. Hit a good sized pot hole and your having dirt soup for dinner.

Too slow ? O.K. Whatever. Versatile ? I can pick this up, put it over a fence or carry it where someone cant carry a dirtbike or quad and explore terrain some others cant. I dont care what youre riding, a pothole can take down anyone.

Thread Information