Thread: EVO 2X Powerboard

EVO 2X Powerboard

O.K. this is no V-Rod or some of the other sweet machines on here but it is something that will definitely put a smile on your face when you take it for a spin. GPS'd at 43 mph before I sent the motor to the best in the business in California. Should be knocking on 50 when I get it back. Had my bud @ Coast Ped put some 2 piece Hope Hydro Floating Rotors F/R and a bunch of other things. As we speak the motor is getting the Full Mod. Head Kitted, Ported, Balanced, Blueprinted,completely blacked out with the fins Hi-Lighted and more extras than I care to type right now. This was some pics before I sent him the motor. At the moment it is completely disassembled. After the Full Mod will come a custom 1 Off Carbon Fiber Deck. One of the things I like so much about it is that the handle bars fold down and I can throw it in the back of my CJ7 and take it with me anywhere. The rear brake line in the pics was too short but has since been upgraded to SS Lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gotta go, new parts just arrived !!

Veteran
    I ride and stunt motorcylces, but that i truly would not ride, seems too dangerous. 50+ with that little thing with supersmall wheels??

Abe

It's not like the little shopping cart wheels on most Goped's. They are 10" tires. Not as bad as you might think. I am 35 yrs. old and have had a lot of 3 and 4 wheelers , dirtbikes, streetbikes, go-cart's, etc. All my neighbor's have ridden it. It's really no problem. Hey, if you crash you dont have as far to fall. Ha ! Ha ! 2 spd. transmission. Tons of fun. Has a detachable seat that my wife likes to use. Really cant say enough about it. The Cam-Link front suspension really takes out the bumps in the road. In Cali. they are legal to ride in the bike lanes. Thinking of building another one. The guy at Coast Ped has one GPS'd @ 65mph !! 50 is pretty much my limit. I have no desire to go any faster on it. The engine mod brings 50% more torque. That is what I really like.

Veteran
    wellbe careful man, because i use to stunt a little 50cc dirtbike, and i've hurt my self on that way worse than i ever have on a big bike.

Abe

broken parts
    why do you have Hopes minis for the breaks?

The OEM brakes do come with disc's but they are mechanical and are no comparison to the Hope Hydro's. When I ride this thing it's wide open. I like the security of being able to stop on a dime. These thing's do ! Besides, I just love the feel of Hydro's.

Disgruntled ex-postal worker saychz316's Avatar
    what shop did you send it to out here in cali?
    They're paying for it, you eat it!

Jason Fischer @ Coast Ped in Costa Mesa,Ca. Otherwise known as "The Magician". He is the "UE" of scooters. Great guy to speak to. Has some impressive credentials. Here is some of his work. If I can remember, the pic of the "Water Baby" is around 14-15hp.

Consuming Nitro.... Me or My RC? Tmaxxinman's Avatar
    Dude, TELL ME that's not friction-drive, like a standard go-ped??

-Johnno-MX-
    If at first you don't succeed; beat it with a hammer.

No it is a patented 2spd. design. 2 belts in the tranny, 1 drives the rear tire. One pic has a chain conversion. The tranny has a history of being VERY dependable.

Consuming Nitro.... Me or My RC? Tmaxxinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sifuman98
    No it is a patented 2spd. design. 2 belts in the tranny, 1 drives the rear tire. One pic has a chain conversion. The tranny has a history of being VERY dependable.
    2-speed? where do you get all you're replacement/upgrade parts?

I have one made by TAHL (all-canadian company) and it has a centrifugal clutch/gear reduction in a sealed transmission(single-speed), and then has chain-drive to the wheels.

It's completely stock now, but I would be very interested in a second gear conversion and some engine upgrades...

-Johnno-MX-
    If at first you don't succeed; beat it with a hammer.

www.evopowerboards.com is the site for the scooter. Coast Ped is where I get everything from. I dont know anything about Tahl scooters. I am guessing there is no chance to put a EVO tranny on it though. Coast Ped's phone number in case anyone is interested is 1-949-548-3858. For a good forum on Evo's go to www.scooterevents.com. If you enjoy scooters and want the best, look into Evo's. They have a SPX that is single speed and has a Slipper Clutch like a dirtbike. The MX is a very rare creation. Kinda like the UE Razorback. Only select people have them.

Updated Pics

Got the motor back Monday. WOW ! Brutal acceleration, easier starting, more top end, etc, etc, etc. Top craftsmanship. More blacked out for a truer "Evo" look. Hence the name, "Evo 2X Powerboard". I freakin' love this thing. Now if I can figure out a way to put the motor on my dUEce VBS-JT. Ha ! Ha !

I gotta ask, what kind of money are they asking for the stock models on their website?
    Go Tech Powered Xray XT8
    Go Tech Powered Xray XB808

An EVO 2X goes for $950 stock. From the EVO website.

If you decide to get one I highly recommend Jason @ Coast Ped in Costa Mesa, CA. 949-548-3858. Monday-Friday 12:30-5:30, Saturday 12:30-4:30. Good chance you will get the answering machine and it will likely be full. He is much in demand. Building race motors and such. You can always try to get him on the www.scooterevents.com "Evo Powerboard" forum under "Coast Pedder". Aside from all the performance that this thing satisfies me with I really like the portability of it. Folded down the handlebars and put it in the back of my CJ7 this morning and brought it with me to work. Later on I will go for a ride and check out a house that my cousin is building. A good friend of mine fly's airplanes and is planning on getting one to put in his SuperCub so that when he goes to flyin's he will have a way to get around. Some states they are legal to ride in bike lanes. All you need is a tail light, headlight and blinkers. Very easy to put on. O.K time for me to get to work or scootering.

Thread Information