Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new bikes.

Disgruntled ex-postal worker saychz316's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcfreak24
    thats awsaome....i wish i still raced quads...i prefer the yfz450 over any though....
    yep. 450 is a nice bike....

kinda kick myself sometimes for not getting one, but i do love my 700. its definitely more of a kick back bike, so thats why i bought it. when the funds show up, a serious hp banshee is my next project....
    They're paying for it, you eat it!

Airing It Out On Maui!!!! tycoonsinc's Avatar

Looks awesome!

Cool
    This is so much freakin fun!!!

merry christmas to me.

No wonder you don't have $$$$$ to play and buy RC stuff anymore. You've stepped up your "play toys" 10 notches compared to the rest of us!!!! Looks good bro. If I ever got back into doing some trail riding I'd definitely get a KTM. By far the best bike for those situations
    Team Losi-Fusion/Novarossi-RC Compound-Nitrotane-Tony Screws-AVID-ChromePickle-Vinyl Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by saychz316
    merry christmas to me.
    You spent your money well. The last three bikes I owned were Katooms. 98' 300, 00' 400 and an 02' 200. I liked the 400 the best. You'll really enjoy the 525. Get the stainless oil filters, worth the money after you change the oil a few times.

Also, see if you can find some neoprene fork protectors. With the inverted forks, you can cut one of them in half and still have enough for both forks. Take the spare and cut enough to cover the rear shock's lower mount. That bearing is really exposed to the elements. Be careful not to hit that with a pressure washer.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

so......whats new?
    Dude, your toys are AWESOME! Can't wait till I get my truck hooked up, then it's on to the quad. BTW, I got a 'zuki eiger 400. I want to get new wheels and tires, louder exhaust ( ), and maybe some other trick items lol. Any advise on tires? I mostly ride on:

Dirt=50%
    Mud=25%
    street 25%

The place where I ride is 1/4 street so I need a good, long lasting tire. Thanks, and sorry for hijacking your thread.

I just picked up a Yamaha YZ-450F moto-x bike, gonna be riding the crap out of it this spring. Kevin we need to get together and roost a little.
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Einstein

R/C Car Magazine

This is how my toy looks these days, pics didn't include the updated front tires, now they match the rears.

Go Tech Powered Xray XT8
    Go Tech Powered Xray XB808

ofna monster pirate kicks fs Dasquriel's Avatar
    sweet rides guys.
    buy my savage 4.6 ss/xss
    dont live in fear

Quote Originally Posted by sbess
    I just picked up a Yamaha YZ-450F moto-x bike, gonna be riding the crap out of it this spring. Kevin we need to get together and roost a little.
    right on bessy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KYBOWTIE
    You spent your money well. The last three bikes I owned were Katooms. 98' 300, 00' 400 and an 02' 200. I liked the 400 the best. You'll really enjoy the 525. Get the stainless oil filters, worth the money after you change the oil a few times.

Also, see if you can find some neoprene fork protectors. With the inverted forks, you can cut one of them in half and still have enough for both forks. Take the spare and cut enough to cover the rear shock's lower mount. That bearing is really exposed to the elements. Be careful not to hit that with a pressure washer.
    yeah. i hope i did spend it right. love this bike. best of the best stuff on it from the factory.

rich, i still got the money for rc!! just not much time. only been riding 3 times this season. all work will allow me right now. dont worry, i'll be back at the track soon. i really miss racing with the hackerz..

Quote Originally Posted by Team FSR
    This is how my toy looks these days, pics didn't include the updated front tires, now they match the rears.

good tire choice. the stock raptor tires kinda blow. not much traction..
    still gotta get me an updated set for mine...

as usual, stock sucks. so i had to upgrad a little. fmf powerbomb exhaust, and factory 4.1 silencer, and a jd jetting jet kit. also added asv levers, but i forgot to take pictures of them. rode it new years weekend for the first time. dang, what a bike. sure wish i could ride it to its full potential. that will take some time though..

If you ever get tired of flats, try these...tireballs. I ran them in my KTM 200 back in '02. A little pricey, but flat tires are eliminated and they act as a suspension upgrade as well.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

jim, those things are the bomb. seen them around. one day, i may get me some of them!

Thread Information