Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new bikes.

Disgruntled ex-postal worker saychz316's Avatar

my new bikes.

well, they have 4 wheels, but not multiple occupants, so im posting here.
    i have never left anything stock my entire life, so no reason to do that now. fmf factory 4 slip on exhaust. man is this thing loud. big 4 strokes thump like crazy with a killer exhaust. power bomb header from fmf next. will quiet it down 2-3db. gotta get a spark arresstor cap for it, or risk a ticket in pismo. got the billett big bore air intake kit for it from yamaha. efi programmer arrives tomorrow. cant wait for pismo next month. (raptor 700)

wifeys bike. all ready for pismo. just gotta tighten up the lugs. my 1/2" drive torque wrench at work. all i have here is my 3/4" drive one. no 3/4" drive 14mm socket, and i dont have a reducer for 3/4" - 1/2" here at home right now. will mount my sand skate II's and razorbacks up later. she has the itp sand stars. double razor in front, helps out non aggressive, mellow riders steer better. and aggressive riders steer better, from what i heard. what she needs. she aint gonna pitch her bike just yet to turn it. she is still skiddish on it. (raptor 350)

They're paying for it, you eat it!

Finally some pics Kev. Looks like fun!!
    Tom...

yeah, i know. been busy with the house and work. just wish my sony digi took better pics! stock header looks like crapola with the stainless fmf mid pipe. power bomb header next month, next month.......

Nice Kevin!!! If you ever decide to upgrade suspension, check out http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/PE...EP Susupension. My wife and I know the owner, Mark Baldwin. He is Tim Farr's mechanic. Haven't spoke to him in a while, but his product ranks with the best, just doesn't have three prices. He can set you up for any type of riding, built specifically for your weight. FYI.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

22benjamin22
    Kev - when did they start requiring sparkys at Pismo? I never ran with mine on there. I know they do random Db testing though, so the sparky may quiet it down some.

22benjamin22
    Quote Originally Posted by KYBOWTIE
    Nice Kevin!!! If you ever decide to upgrade suspension, check out [URL=http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/PEPinfo.htm[/URL]. My wife and I know the owner, Mark Baldwin. He is Tim Farr's mechanic. Haven't spoke to him in a while, but his product ranks with the best, just doesn't have three prices. He can set you up for any type of riding, built specifically for your weight. FYI.
    I ran PEP triple rates on the front of my Banshee and PEP revalved stocker on the rear. Good stuff. Add a steering stabilizer and that combo made the bike like a caddy in the rough, but still active enough to be fun

I wish my friends didn't all give up riding, my Banshee sat in the garage for 3 years with only clean 'er out street passes every few months. I finally sold it over the winter. Sand riding is a blast, I miss it.

suspension mods will be next after performance.

just a rumor i heard about the sparkys. gonna look into it. cant hurt to have one though for future riding areas. i am worried about the db law too. pretty much guarantee it aint no 96 db right now! lol...

going to get a stabilizer for it before desert riding kicks back up again in winter. rode my friends with one, and man, did it ever take alot of the bump and shake out of the bars when riding. muuuuch easier on the wrists than without a dampener.

anyone know who makes light up flags and poles for bikes? wife saw YUCK! a pink and purple one BARF! in ocotillo on easter she wants. not sure if it was a custom deal or not. i didnt ask the chick riding the bike that had it, so im a searching fool right now.

Not sure what happened to the link. PEP Suspension
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

22benjamin22
    No idea where to look for that.

I just put the Cascade flag mount on and used whatever flag was handy. That mount is nice - if you snap your flag off, you can cut it and just put it right back in, it's a stiffly sprung cam type holder. After killing a few flags, I stopped buying nice ones, got the Cascade holder and starting picking up broken ones from others, then just reused them

Quote Originally Posted by saychz316
    anyone know who makes light up flags and poles for bikes? wife saw YUCK! a pink and purple one BARF! in ocotillo on easter she wants. not sure if it was a custom deal or not. i didnt ask the chick riding the bike that had it, so im a searching fool right now.
    Whatever you do get be sure it is steel... Fiberglass flag poles are a pita. Tip over once, kick it with your ridding boots, etc will break them. If you do go that route be sure to have a baby pipe cutter in your box to cut clean and re-insert into the bracket. On the other side getting into a looong section of woops can be hairy. Don't be sitting back to far. That steel rod flipping forward and back can sure put a smack on your back!
    Tom...

sweet! ups guys brought me new toy for my toy! programmable efi module. im like a kid in a candy store right now. only down side, my old computer im using right now wont support the software in it. gotta head over to my friends house and load it up on his computer, and remap my injection over there.

WHIPS
    i have one on my truck it is freakin cool! love the whip. and it has a replacement warranty!

how are you liken the 700R? i've seen a few in Glamis and they seem to kick some @$$.
    friends dont let friends drive fords

this website has some cool lights also LOOK!!

there's one more company that i know of that makes a really nice light whip. i forget the name but i will look.
    friends dont let friends drive fords

thanks for the links. will show my wife, see what she thinks!

700 has only been out once. bought it easter week, and took it out easter weekend. love it so far. i'm used to the two stroke, light switch explosive power band of a tricked out banshee.
    four stroke power band is always there. accerleration very smooth, with butt load of torque, always available.
    cant wait to get it in the dunes june 9th. pismo trip! with all the mods on in it.

Racing with Bad Luck
    What's that 700cc 4 stroke with fuel injection?I'm running a 1989 Honda 250R with a Big Bore 350cc kit.I just can't seem to sell my 2 stroke yet but I do own a 2003 Kawasaki KLX 400 enduro 4 stroker.

I'll be getting the Raptor 700R for graduation, hopefully. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ram41569
    What's that 700cc 4 stroke with fuel injection?
    Yamaha Raptor 700R

i finally got off of work at a human hour today. put my paddles and razors on my bike today. finally got all my parts i wanted for it installed.
    powercommnder efi programmer
    gytr intake kit
    pro tec air box lid (replaces stock snorkel lid)
    fmf full factory 4 powerbomb exhaust (idea behind the "expansion chamber" power bomb is to cool the exhaust, therefore speeding up the exhaust process. i.e. faster exhaust = touch more power)

here are some pics. thanks tom for getting me in the right direction for the paddles and razors. these things are sweet. i used the power commander programmer, after seeing a couple others, i liked it best. and i also did some digging on it, and bess' sister publication did a test on it with another brand exhaust, and they gave it good reviews.
    20x11x10 sand skate 2 paddles with 22x8x10 sand tires unlimited razors up front. 10" douglas rear wheels look killer too.
    cant wait for pismo this thursday.

sorry for the shot with the ugly truck in background. my neighbors were having a tree removed, and i acidentally got their gardeners fugly truck in it.

got some more stuff!!!

laegers +2" duner series a-arms. elka shocks, stainless braided brake lines, and billett aluminum brake line clamps. first trip of season is halloween weekend. cant wait..

also just added are some gytr parts. front bumper, heel guards, rear skid, and center skid, and douglass red series .190 wall wheels.

Nice!!!

You are going to luv your brakes. Funny how something that simple makes all so much better. Way more positive and smoother braking.
    Tom...

hope so. had to get longer lines for the arms, so i figured i would get the good ones..
    next up, is the +1" steering stem, and some new bars. tired of leaning over to ride my bike. wanna be more upright....
    after that, swing arm!!

If I remember right I ran a Roll +2 stem on my Banshee. Spendy suckas for what they are...

If you are going to run more in the hard core desert get a bigger and fatter desert seat. If you are just primarily planning Glamis/sand then don't.
    Tom...

Thats nothing but pure bad ass right there . Nice man.
    Gotta go, new parts just arrived !!

How much are you in the hole so far?

yeah right

kev's rich
    -Crash

No kidding. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by imaxx21
    yeah right

kev's rich
    im not rich!! he lives in canada!

however, i wish i could have been born rich, instead of so good looking!!

Quote Originally Posted by ip42800ht
    How much are you in the hole so far?
    not too bad actually. got a coule decent deals. bike (i know a guy, who knows a guy), suspension, and gytr parts. other stuff i searched locally for the cheapest price around.

got the bike for 6300 otd new in april. (right now, dealer is blowing out 06's for 100 dollars cheaper otd, where i bought it at)
    pipe was 550 for header and all.
    ignition box was 330
    intake kit 200, and air box lid was 85
    all the gytr stuff. skids, nerfs, bumper, i got for 550 i think. package deal from a friend, who had them new, and needed to unload them.
    ac racing rear six pack rack was around 75, if i remember right.
    front end parts i got in a package deal. 908 bux for arms, shocks, brake lines, and clamps, all brand new. (probably could have done better if i had patience, but 8 beers at the recent sand sport super show, and that was out the door! gimme gimme!! lol)
    add in the wheel, sand skate 2 paddles and razors for the sand, and the new douglass wheels for dirt tires, ~525 +/- $50. cant quite remember.

im in it for about ~9.5k so far, bike and all. (fuel jugs, oils, plugs, etc)

i was without dirt toys for some time. needed to get wife and i some quads this year. they were our easter presents!! lol...

currently looking for a 50 for my daughter. just scored a smoking deal on riding gear for her. friends daughter outgrew her fox riding gear for girls, after wearing it just once. got it for free $.99. 200 worth of youth riding gear, for nothing. all it cost me was a 12 pack to him.

quad is oficially done for the new upcoming riding season.

laegers +2" duner arms, elka dual rate duner edition shocks, with streamline extended stainless steel braided brake lines and billet brake line clamps. houser +2" steering stem, with a houser billet bar clamp, holding the fasstco flexx bars, with a motion pro twist throttle. its now oficially an "outlaw" 700R

bring on the sand and dirt!!

word.
    -Crash

thats awsaome....i wish i still raced quads...i prefer the yfz450 over any though....
    August 18, 2006 - R.I.P. - SuperMaxx -- Forever Loved : (

ofna monster pirate kicks fs Dasquriel's Avatar
    hahah why is there wolfs avatar sticker on there??

get a ue sticker on there some where
    buy my savage 4.6 ss/xss
    dont live in fear

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquriel
    hahah why is there wolfs avatar sticker on there??
    Thats not just Wolf's. I think a bunch of the West Coast Hackers run that same logo, along with the WCH maltese cross. Just what Ive observed, Im not sure where the outlaw logo emerged from, or from who, or for what purpose other than to dignify being an outlaw...
    Official member of the "IDGRA how many posts you have!" club.

Your best teacher is experience. Your best source of information is word of mouth – that is others with hands on experience. -MonsterMaxx

yeah, that toms logo. its a cool logo, and i dont mind sporting it. tom has helped me out alot with bundles of information, so im more than happy to promote his website. i ordered some from chris dewinter a bit back. they are cool. my last trip in pismo, i had them on the bike. i cant tell you how many asked where i got the sticker from....

its just my atv tribute to us west coast hackers.......

the outlaw rc raptor 700.

many want one, only few can have one... lol..

Quote Originally Posted by imaxx21
    word.
    word..

sweet bikes Kev

Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    sweet bikes Kev
    thank you....

first trip of the season, in two weeks!!

Thread Information