Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 280 of 1088

Thread: KYOSHO SP2 and ST-R Thread

  1. #241

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    934
    you should try an SH motor some time they run great. they make the losi mach, and xtm motors which really do run great for the money. i had the original 24.7 with over 10 gallons on it when i retired it and it was still running good.

    aldo

  2. #242
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by CritterRacing
    you should try an SH motor some time they run great. they make the losi mach, and xtm motors which really do run great for the money. i had the original 24.7 with over 10 gallons on it when i retired it and it was still running good.

    aldo
    I've seen a few run and they run all right, but they don't seem very consistant from what I saw. Some ran good, some ran horrible no matter what you tried.

  3. #243
    Veteran BadXLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    lewistion id
    Posts
    133
    well i run a mach 28 it runs great and at my last race i didnt have one truggy running me over becouse there engine was a nova or some other big name brand. but if i had the money to buy a nova iwould have. they make very good motors i have never hear one person about a novarossi.

  4. #244
    www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    IN all honesty I wouldn't use a product if given to me free or at a discount if it wasn't a great product, seriously. To me this is a fun hobby and part of the fun is having and using the top products. If SH Engines offered me free engines I wouldn't take it
    Just screwing with ya.
    I bet is if Kyosho, TTR, Mugen, XRay, etc., all hated your guts and Duratrax offered you a free ride, you would take it.
    I would! Luckily, there are few brands out there any more that AREN'T great. (I had to think about it to come up with the Axis analogy, lol!)
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

  5. #245
    Not enough time for all my toys
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    738
    any sign of the truck yet??? Are you wigging out yet??
    We need an update, edge of the seat intrigue!!
    LOL
    Rod

  6. #246
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by gater75
    any sign of the truck yet??? Are you wigging out yet??
    We need an update, edge of the seat intrigue!!
    LOL
    Rod
    Don't even get me going! Of all weeks my freind is stuck in the office this week and not driving the delivery truck He said he may be driving tomorrow or Friday If not, I'll be going myself on Saturday to pick up my ST-R and my BIG box of spare parts If I knew it was going to take this long I would have gone myself last Saturday! Oh well, I've waited this long another 2 days won't kill me

  7. #247
    Super Moderator Booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alaska--AF retired 24Yrs!
    Posts
    5,396
    But if you think about it--you would already be running it if you went and got it Like at least a gallon thru it already
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

  8. #248
    Electrified speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    295
    WOOT!





    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is # 1!

  9. #249
    Bankrupt escalade201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    But if you think about it--you would already be running it if you went and got it Like at least a gallon thru it already
    Ouch...you guys are killin' him.

    I've only put 3/4 of a gallon thru her ....ready for the 1st race at Wolcott this Sunday....55 degrees and sunny....should be a blast!

    ~mel
    Kyosho STRR RB C6BBt L2G
    XRAY808 with OS Vspec

  10. #250
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    But if you think about it--you would already be running it if you went and got it Like at least a gallon thru it already
    ya your right, that wouldn't be any good.

  11. #251
    Electrified speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    295






    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is # 1!

  12. #252
    Burn Baby...Burn Clown Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    1,080
    Do they not come w/tires?
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

  13. #253
    It is what it is... mtdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bentonville, AR
    Posts
    1,840
    No tires...
    Official member of the "IDGRA how many posts you have!" club.

    Your best teacher is experience. Your best source of information is word of mouth – that is others with hands on experience. -MonsterMaxx

  14. #254
    LawnDart Auraka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    OH, USA
    Posts
    1,197
    ST-R is a stand alone kit, no bug required? I hear a sucking sound on my wallet, lol.

  15. #255
    RC BOCA
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    2,280
    yep, like the crt

  16. #256
    Burn Baby...Burn Clown Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdriver
    No tires...
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

  17. #257
    Electrified speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    295














    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is # 1!

  18. #258
    Have You Eaten a Veegan Lately? sukidr350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    windy wyoming
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown Maxx
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..
    +1
    kind of chincie,
    but if you pay $750 for a kit, what is another $100(no sarcasm whatsoever)

  19. #259
    Super Moderator Booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alaska--AF retired 24Yrs!
    Posts
    5,396
    Nice truck but dang----still using 70's technology E-Clips crazyness for sho
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

  20. #260
    Gearhead Nitromonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    198
    I dont think any Kyosho kits come with tires.

  21. #261
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown Maxx
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..
    St-R can be had for $650 Mugen and Kyosho still both use e-clips. Its a Japenese thing Haven't had one pop off yet on my Sp2. Plus its actually pretty quick to get to the diffs with e-clips over the threaded hingepins used on the Jammins'.

  22. #262
    Veteran sbess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown Maxx
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..
    -1

    This isn't a basher kit, it isn't a for-fun-only kit, it's a PURE race kit. Pure race kits never come with tires from Kyosho. Why increase the price of the kit with tires you may or may NOT use for racing on your particular track when you can keep the price lower and let the racer get his own.

    The $750 in question goes directly into parts quality and durability.
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Einstein

    R/C Car Magazine

  23. #263
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by sbess
    -1

    This isn't a basher kit, it isn't a for-fun-only kit, it's a PURE race kit. Pure race kits never come with tires from Kyosho. Why increase the price of the kit with tires you may or may NOT use for racing on your particular track when you can keep the price lower and let the racer get his own.

    The $750 in question goes directly into parts quality and durability.
    Exactly, like I said before. Your paying for quality

  24. #264
    Burn Baby...Burn Clown Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sbess
    -1

    This isn't a basher kit, it isn't a for-fun-only kit, it's a PURE race kit. Pure race kits never come with tires from Kyosho. Why increase the price of the kit with tires you may or may NOT use for racing on your particular track when you can keep the price lower and let the racer get his own.

    The $750 in question goes directly into parts quality and durability.
    I wasn't saying that it was a fun-only kit, or even alluding towards that fact. I was just a little disapointted in the fact that it doesn't come with any tires at all. You firgure it only costs them an extra 40 bux to throw in a set of CF, or bowties that are going to work almost everywhere. Let's be honest Stephen, the CRT doesn't come with Crime Fighters assuming that you are going to dump the tire. They work almost everywhere I have been, and even when they "weren't" working, it was more of a preference thing. I am sure the parts, finish, and durability is very good, but with that extra 40 dollars that they shorted..they could have a least thrown in captured pins. Not to mention, that 40 dollars or less that Kyosho pays..equals about 60 dollars on the part of the average racer purchasing parts at a LHS. Even then again..what about the possibility of a racer selling those tires in which he cannot use to other racers that can?

    ~James
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

  25. #265
    www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    1,822
    In the case of buggies, I would agree that it's a preference thing and not good to include them. But in the case of an Arena truck, I agree 100% with the Clown. CF's work everywhere (or are used virtually everywhere.)
    The Kyoshos look a little dated, in my opinion. (Especially considering that they come out with a new version so often.) These pics really remind me of my K2. Not arguing with the quality or ability to win though.
    I have a bad taste in my mouth after owning my K2 during the time that Kyosho did their switchover. I had the hardest time finding a set of c-hubs when I broke one, I ended up racing with the wrong one on one side for a while. The new website needs work too, instructions won't download correctly on my computers. It is still harder than heck to get parts through my lhs for Kyosho, most of what I try to get isn't available or is backordered.
    Of course.......runnning some Kyosho stuff on my LSP's, because I know that it IS good quality.................
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

  26. #266
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilmanak
    In the case of buggies, I would agree that it's a preference thing and not good to include them. But in the case of an Arena truck, I agree 100% with the Clown. CF's work everywhere (or are used virtually everywhere.)
    The Kyoshos look a little dated, in my opinion. (Especially considering that they come out with a new version so often.) These pics really remind me of my K2. Not arguing with the quality or ability to win though.
    I have a bad taste in my mouth after owning my K2 during the time that Kyosho did their switchover. I had the hardest time finding a set of c-hubs when I broke one, I ended up racing with the wrong one on one side for a while. The new website needs work too, instructions won't download correctly on my computers. It is still harder than heck to get parts through my lhs for Kyosho, most of what I try to get isn't available or is backordered.
    Of course.......runnning some Kyosho stuff on my LSP's, because I know that it IS good quality.................
    Your LHS may be having trouble getting stuff from Kyosho because there not calling. I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day. Very helpful and friendly there as well. Things are 300% better as far as parts avialablilty from Kyosho now that there is Kyosho America and it will only get better as time goes on. They are looking very hard at having great customer service and providing an awesome product like they always have.

  27. #267

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    934
    Parts support couldnt be any better. remember when the lsp came out there were no parts for months. i placed my parts order monday and today recieved every part x10 today. couldnt ask for better support then that. plus Cort and Tim are great guys always very helpful.

  28. #268
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by CritterRacing
    Parts support couldnt be any better. remember when the lsp came out there were no parts for months. i placed my parts order monday and today recieved every part x10 today. couldnt ask for better support then that. plus Cort and Tim are great guys always very helpful.
    Yup, I've ben dealing with Cort, super nice and very eager to help out. Tell you LHS to phone Kyosho and ask for Cort. They'll have there parts in less than a week

  29. #269
    Super Moderator Booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alaska--AF retired 24Yrs!
    Posts
    5,396
    Oh so now the CRT's are not real race trucks cause it came with tires


    Devil is right 95% of people bowties--
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

  30. #270
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    Oh so now the CRT's are not real race trucks cause it came with tires


    Devil is right 95% of people bowties--
    Devil said Crime Fighters. SO see, there already is a disagreement

  31. #271
    Super Moderator Booyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alaska--AF retired 24Yrs!
    Posts
    5,396
    I meant what Devil said just forgot what he said---but hey for 700 bucks I would expect both sets of tires and rims
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

  32. #272
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    I meant what Devil said just forgot what he said---but hey for 700 bucks I would expect both sets of tires and rims
    $650

  33. #273
    RC BOCA
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    2,280
    i really like the rims

  34. #274
    www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    Your LHS may be having trouble getting stuff from Kyosho because there not calling. I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day. Very helpful and friendly there as well. Things are 300% better as far as parts avialablilty from Kyosho now that there is Kyosho America and it will only get better as time goes on. They are looking very hard at having great customer service and providing an awesome product like they always have.
    Good point, and I think you are correct. My LHS faxes all orders, and doesn't know if things are backordered or will even show up until they open the boxes. It really screws the customers.
    Kyosho stuff literally takes weeks and weeks. Some stuff months. Prolly lack of attention/followup on the LHS's part.
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

  35. #275
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    ... I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day...

    Not to be a jerk or anything, but you have yet to post your ST-R. Uhmm could it be that Kyosho had some "Trouble" with your kit?


    On another note: Foams should have been included at the VERY least.

  36. #276
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by respirologyr
    Not to be a jerk or anything, but you have yet to post your ST-R. Uhmm could it be that Kyosho had some "Trouble" with your kit?


    On another note: Foams should have been included at the VERY least.
    Maybe if you read my prior posts You would know that Kyosho sent me my ST-R to the border right away just that my friend hasn't had the time to pick it up yet I'll be picking up my ST-R on Saturday. No issues with Kyosho at all!

    Unless there Racers Edge Foams I wouldn't waste my time SO even the foams that come with the CRT kit are garbage.

  37. #277
    Veteran SupermaxxRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,528
    for those of you that may be worried that the ST-R is too short or not wide enough. Here are some comparison picks next to a LSP. Looks pretty darn good if you ask me http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...showtopic=4073

    I believe the LSP is even longer than the CRT, or am I wrong?

  38. #278
    Burn Baby...Burn Clown Maxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich

    Unless there Racers Edge Foams I wouldn't waste my time SO even the foams that come with the CRT kit are garbage.
    +1 Pro Line Stockers are good for about 1 hard run. Pro Line Greys..maybe 2-3

    I just pulled my RE foams from my original set of CF. Had about 6 gallons on that set.

    ~James
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

  39. #279
    Not enough time for all my toys
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    738
    KYO31352B Kyosho Inferno MP777 ST-R 1/8 Competition Unlimited Monster Truck (Kit) $1,199.99
    $769.99
    On Sale Now:
    See price in cart
    -Right off of Amainhobbies. epay has them about the same or higher,
    Rod

  40. #280
    Veteran BadXLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    lewistion id
    Posts
    133
    man good luck breaking those arms jess. they look strong its a good looking truck but its not that good im not going to drop my jammin in the trash and buy one but they look good.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •