Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: KYOSHO SP2 and ST-R Thread

you should try an SH motor some time they run great. they make the losi mach, and xtm motors which really do run great for the money. i had the original 24.7 with over 10 gallons on it when i retired it and it was still running good.

aldo

Quote Originally Posted by CritterRacing
    you should try an SH motor some time they run great. they make the losi mach, and xtm motors which really do run great for the money. i had the original 24.7 with over 10 gallons on it when i retired it and it was still running good.

aldo
    I've seen a few run and they run all right, but they don't seem very consistant from what I saw. Some ran good, some ran horrible no matter what you tried.

well i run a mach 28 it runs great and at my last race i didnt have one truggy running me over becouse there engine was a nova or some other big name brand. but if i had the money to buy a nova iwould have. they make very good motors i have never hear one person about a novarossi.

www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    IN all honesty I wouldn't use a product if given to me free or at a discount if it wasn't a great product, seriously. To me this is a fun hobby and part of the fun is having and using the top products. If SH Engines offered me free engines I wouldn't take it
    Just screwing with ya.
    I bet is if Kyosho, TTR, Mugen, XRay, etc., all hated your guts and Duratrax offered you a free ride, you would take it.
    I would! Luckily, there are few brands out there any more that AREN'T great. (I had to think about it to come up with the Axis analogy, lol!)
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

Not enough time for all my toys
    any sign of the truck yet??? Are you wigging out yet??
    We need an update, edge of the seat intrigue!!
    LOL
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by gater75
    any sign of the truck yet??? Are you wigging out yet??
    We need an update, edge of the seat intrigue!!
    LOL
    Rod
    Don't even get me going! Of all weeks my freind is stuck in the office this week and not driving the delivery truck He said he may be driving tomorrow or Friday If not, I'll be going myself on Saturday to pick up my ST-R and my BIG box of spare parts If I knew it was going to take this long I would have gone myself last Saturday! Oh well, I've waited this long another 2 days won't kill me

But if you think about it--you would already be running it if you went and got it Like at least a gallon thru it already
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

WOOT!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is # 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    But if you think about it--you would already be running it if you went and got it Like at least a gallon thru it already
    Ouch...you guys are killin' him.

I've only put 3/4 of a gallon thru her ....ready for the 1st race at Wolcott this Sunday....55 degrees and sunny....should be a blast!

~mel
    Kyosho STRR RB C6BBt L2G
    XRAY808 with OS Vspec

ya your right, that wouldn't be any good.

Do they not come w/tires?
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

No tires...
    Official member of the "IDGRA how many posts you have!" club.

Your best teacher is experience. Your best source of information is word of mouth – that is others with hands on experience. -MonsterMaxx

ST-R is a stand alone kit, no bug required? I hear a sucking sound on my wallet, lol.

RC BOCA
    yep, like the crt

Quote Originally Posted by mtdriver
    No tires...
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..

Have You Eaten a Veegan Lately? sukidr350's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown Maxx
    Now that is stupid...if I am going to pay 750 bux for a kit...I might as well get some freaking tires. I guess they can take the extra 40 bux and invest it further into the kit...but seriously, thats kind of ridicoulous..
    +1
    kind of chincie,
    but if you pay $750 for a kit, what is another $100(no sarcasm whatsoever)

Nice truck but dang----still using 70's technology E-Clips crazyness for sho

I dont think any Kyosho kits come with tires.

St-R can be had for $650 Mugen and Kyosho still both use e-clips. Its a Japenese thing Haven't had one pop off yet on my Sp2. Plus its actually pretty quick to get to the diffs with e-clips over the threaded hingepins used on the Jammins'.

This isn't a basher kit, it isn't a for-fun-only kit, it's a PURE race kit. Pure race kits never come with tires from Kyosho. Why increase the price of the kit with tires you may or may NOT use for racing on your particular track when you can keep the price lower and let the racer get his own.

The $750 in question goes directly into parts quality and durability.
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Einstein

R/C Car Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by sbess

This isn't a basher kit, it isn't a for-fun-only kit, it's a PURE race kit. Pure race kits never come with tires from Kyosho. Why increase the price of the kit with tires you may or may NOT use for racing on your particular track when you can keep the price lower and let the racer get his own.

Exactly, like I said before. Your paying for quality

Quote Originally Posted by sbess

I wasn't saying that it was a fun-only kit, or even alluding towards that fact. I was just a little disapointted in the fact that it doesn't come with any tires at all. You firgure it only costs them an extra 40 bux to throw in a set of CF, or bowties that are going to work almost everywhere. Let's be honest Stephen, the CRT doesn't come with Crime Fighters assuming that you are going to dump the tire. They work almost everywhere I have been, and even when they "weren't" working, it was more of a preference thing. I am sure the parts, finish, and durability is very good, but with that extra 40 dollars that they shorted..they could have a least thrown in captured pins. Not to mention, that 40 dollars or less that Kyosho pays..equals about 60 dollars on the part of the average racer purchasing parts at a LHS. Even then again..what about the possibility of a racer selling those tires in which he cannot use to other racers that can?

~James

In the case of buggies, I would agree that it's a preference thing and not good to include them. But in the case of an Arena truck, I agree 100% with the Clown. CF's work everywhere (or are used virtually everywhere.)
    The Kyoshos look a little dated, in my opinion. (Especially considering that they come out with a new version so often.) These pics really remind me of my K2. Not arguing with the quality or ability to win though.
    I have a bad taste in my mouth after owning my K2 during the time that Kyosho did their switchover. I had the hardest time finding a set of c-hubs when I broke one, I ended up racing with the wrong one on one side for a while. The new website needs work too, instructions won't download correctly on my computers. It is still harder than heck to get parts through my lhs for Kyosho, most of what I try to get isn't available or is backordered.
    Of course.......runnning some Kyosho stuff on my LSP's, because I know that it IS good quality.................
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmanak
    In the case of buggies, I would agree that it's a preference thing and not good to include them. But in the case of an Arena truck, I agree 100% with the Clown. CF's work everywhere (or are used virtually everywhere.)
    The Kyoshos look a little dated, in my opinion. (Especially considering that they come out with a new version so often.) These pics really remind me of my K2. Not arguing with the quality or ability to win though.
    I have a bad taste in my mouth after owning my K2 during the time that Kyosho did their switchover. I had the hardest time finding a set of c-hubs when I broke one, I ended up racing with the wrong one on one side for a while. The new website needs work too, instructions won't download correctly on my computers. It is still harder than heck to get parts through my lhs for Kyosho, most of what I try to get isn't available or is backordered.
    Of course.......runnning some Kyosho stuff on my LSP's, because I know that it IS good quality.................
    Your LHS may be having trouble getting stuff from Kyosho because there not calling. I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day. Very helpful and friendly there as well. Things are 300% better as far as parts avialablilty from Kyosho now that there is Kyosho America and it will only get better as time goes on. They are looking very hard at having great customer service and providing an awesome product like they always have.

Parts support couldnt be any better. remember when the lsp came out there were no parts for months. i placed my parts order monday and today recieved every part x10 today. couldnt ask for better support then that. plus Cort and Tim are great guys always very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterRacing
    Parts support couldnt be any better. remember when the lsp came out there were no parts for months. i placed my parts order monday and today recieved every part x10 today. couldnt ask for better support then that. plus Cort and Tim are great guys always very helpful.
    Yup, I've ben dealing with Cort, super nice and very eager to help out. Tell you LHS to phone Kyosho and ask for Cort. They'll have there parts in less than a week

Oh so now the CRT's are not real race trucks cause it came with tires

Devil is right 95% of people bowties--

Oh so now the CRT's are not real race trucks cause it came with tires

Devil is right 95% of people bowties--
    Devil said Crime Fighters. SO see, there already is a disagreement

I meant what Devil said just forgot what he said---but hey for 700 bucks I would expect both sets of tires and rims

I meant what Devil said just forgot what he said---but hey for 700 bucks I would expect both sets of tires and rims
    $650

RC BOCA
    i really like the rims

Your LHS may be having trouble getting stuff from Kyosho because there not calling. I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day. Very helpful and friendly there as well. Things are 300% better as far as parts avialablilty from Kyosho now that there is Kyosho America and it will only get better as time goes on. They are looking very hard at having great customer service and providing an awesome product like they always have.
    Good point, and I think you are correct. My LHS faxes all orders, and doesn't know if things are backordered or will even show up until they open the boxes. It really screws the customers.
    Kyosho stuff literally takes weeks and weeks. Some stuff months. Prolly lack of attention/followup on the LHS's part.
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing

Veteran
    ... I'm Canadian and would have a much harder time getting stuff than your LHS and I havent had any issues what soever ordering stuff from Kyosho America. Always shipped the very next day...

Not to be a jerk or anything, but you have yet to post your ST-R. Uhmm could it be that Kyosho had some "Trouble" with your kit?

On another note: Foams should have been included at the VERY least.

Quote Originally Posted by respirologyr
    Not to be a jerk or anything, but you have yet to post your ST-R. Uhmm could it be that Kyosho had some "Trouble" with your kit?

On another note: Foams should have been included at the VERY least.
    Maybe if you read my prior posts You would know that Kyosho sent me my ST-R to the border right away just that my friend hasn't had the time to pick it up yet I'll be picking up my ST-R on Saturday. No issues with Kyosho at all!

Unless there Racers Edge Foams I wouldn't waste my time SO even the foams that come with the CRT kit are garbage.

for those of you that may be worried that the ST-R is too short or not wide enough. Here are some comparison picks next to a LSP. Looks pretty darn good if you ask me http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...showtopic=4073

I believe the LSP is even longer than the CRT, or am I wrong?

Unless there Racers Edge Foams I wouldn't waste my time SO even the foams that come with the CRT kit are garbage.
    +1 Pro Line Stockers are good for about 1 hard run. Pro Line Greys..maybe 2-3

I just pulled my RE foams from my original set of CF. Had about 6 gallons on that set.

~James

Not enough time for all my toys
    KYO31352B Kyosho Inferno MP777 ST-R 1/8 Competition Unlimited Monster Truck (Kit) $1,199.99
    $769.99
    On Sale Now:
    See price in cart
    -Right off of Amainhobbies. epay has them about the same or higher,
    Rod

man good luck breaking those arms jess. they look strong its a good looking truck but its not that good im not going to drop my jammin in the trash and buy one but they look good.

Thread Information