Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: KYOSHO SP2 and ST-R Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ViLL
    That top pic is one sick looking angle.....it looks like if it'll bite you if you stick your finger in there. Looks like a die (the tool) too...
    Ya, looks "MEAN"

Well, just disassembled my 2006 Torque engine. I really have to say I'm impressed with what I see, actually BLOWN AWAY!!! No hype, nothing. I actually didn't expect to see soooo much done to the sleeve :^0 I've had C5's, JP Pro 02, WS7's, Nova's of many flavours and modded Novas. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen this much work done to a sleeve before in an of my engines especially any of my unmodded engines including the JP I had!! Even the backplate has some serious work done to it! If it runs half as good as it looks I'll be VERY happy!!! Even the crank and rod has some decent work done to them. I'm still shocked, didn't expect to see this honestly, but pleasantly surprised :^) Looks very clean inside as well, going to flush out my engine anywase tomorrow and get it in my nephews TTR so its ready to fire up on Sunday. You must always flush out your engines no matter how good you think they are!!

I remember getting a WS7 2 years ago and took the back plate off to flush the engine out and low and behold I find a wrist pin clip lieing on the bottom of the crank case!!!! Nice!! Lucky I didn't just go and fire it up, would have been over on the first tank! ;^)

Will give an update on how the break in went on Sunday night...

How many ports? What's the crank look like?.....and how about a pic of the sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by ViLL
    How many ports? What's the crank look like?.....and how about a pic of the sleeve.
    Sorry, can't take any pics, but will tell you it has more ports than a P5

Bahhhhhhh ....

Airing It Out On Maui!!!! tycoonsinc's Avatar
    Awesome Rich!!!! Can't wait to here whatg you have to say about the K car, They do a great job
    This is so much freakin fun!!!

So you took the Torque Version over the power one? Any specific reason? Your track Layout probably.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by $w!ft
    So you took the Torque Version over the power one? Any specific reason? Your track Layout probably.
    I hear both are great engines but I hear the power curve is a little "better" on the torque??? Torque is what wins races and from what I've seen in video's the "torque" model engine doesn't seem to lack any top end. Maybe on a 200 plus straight away but we don't have any of those. If you have a 200 plus straight away with lots more big open sections then maybe I'd get the "Power" model. But you have to consider lap times are made in the infield

Disgruntled ex-postal worker saychz316's Avatar
    dang it rich,

where's the build up pics??

-kev
    They're paying for it, you eat it!

Quote Originally Posted by saychz316
    dang it rich,

where's the build up pics??

-kev
    Was wondering that same thing...
    August 18, 2006 - R.I.P. - SuperMaxx -- Forever Loved : (

rebuilding the "RC ROOM" - "OFFICE" as we speak and been doing it all day! Probably won't be finsh till late tonight and even then won't have all my stuff organized SO tomorrow morning is flush out, assemble and install OPS into my nephews TTR and break it in. Then finish oganizing the rc stuff. Then starting Monday night I start assembling the SP2 Got a new Stainless work table for the RC room and installing a bunch of shelves to better the room and keep it more organized. Will post pics of the new table and shelves later tonight. SHould have taken a before pic It was BAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    Thanks Tom. I'll hit him up with what I was thinking and see if he thinks he can do the design I'm after. I'll email him this weekend some time. Does he supply the bodies if customers want that?
    Yes I can supply the bodies if you want me to. There is many pics up on WWW.rcpics.net just seach for gregskillercustoms. You can reach me at 803-431-6076 anytime. Turn around time is usually 7 to 14 days. There is also some on the Sgrid and Lots on my site.

Have You Eaten a Veegan Lately? sukidr350's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan
    Yes I can supply the bodies if you want me to. There is many pics up on WWW.rcpics.net just seach for gregskillercustoms. You can reach me at 803-431-6076 anytime. Turn around time is usually 7 to 14 days. There is also some on the Sgrid and Lots on my site.
    Will get back to you soon Greg on some ideas. I'm looking to do something REALLY trick

Well, ran just over 8 tanks(1 Litre) of fuel threw my OPS Speedster "Torque" engine today. All I have to say is WOW! Couldn't be any happier and I haven't even finished breaking it in yet. Wrapped the cooling head with some tin foil, then a piece of cloth I had laying around. Richened the HSN 1/2 a turn and the LSN 1/4 turn. Preheated the engine to 220 and it fired right up. 1-2 seconds on the starter box was all it took.
    Started driving the car around the front street. Beautiful day for breaking an engine in, 80 degrees today and sunny Ran the car around and temped it, 200 degrees on the button. Right away I noticed how unbelieavably well the car idles. Even thou the engine was pig fat it would just idle away without flaming out. Drove it up and down the street going from idle to 1/8 throttle blurps and TONS of smoke coming out of the pipe. Did this for 4 tanks then had to recharge the reciever pack. Even thou the engine is SUPER Fat I couldn't believe how it "sipped" the fuel! Those 4 tanks took almost 1 hour of run time. Granted I wasn't using that much throttle but still. 15 minutes a tank pig fat. Not bad at all.
    After recharging the batts, the last 4 tanks I was going from idle to 1/4 throttle nicely rolling on the throttle nice and smooth making sure the engine never revved quickly. Engine ran rock solid, so impressed. Thou I was running the engine rich, I did notice the power from it almost seemed "electric" on how smooth and linear it was, really. I was blown away. On the 8 th tank I was holding the throttle at 1/4 throttle postion for 3-4 seconds and you can really see the engine wants to move I really think this engine is going to be awesome when fully broken in. Next outting with this engine will be at the track where I'll run it for another 10-15 tanks quite fat and not letting the engine fully rev out.
    After the 8 tanks today I was surprised to see no leakage what soever from anywhere, not the carb boot, back plate, carb base. Nothing. Engine still has ridiculous pinch in the sleeve but all in all I must say this was the easiest engine I've ever had to break in soo far. And this engine now takes over as the best engine for idle quality. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about this engine flaming at the starting line waiting for the buzzer to go. It idled today for 10-15 seconds pig fat before it would die. When this thing is race tuned and nice and crisp on the bottom I can't see this thing loading up at all...... More to come once I get a chance to get this engine on the track but its looking VERY promising as of now. Thank you OPS for an awesome engine

Also got a chance this weekend to reorganize, add some shelves and build my new work bench for my RC room. Took all day Saturday and about 4 hours tonight. I'm about 90% done now. Just a little organizing left to do and I'm set. Heres some pics of the work space. Had no shelves before and room was a total disaster!!! Looking not to bad now.

running out on the track to flip my truck over
    Wow , that looks like your own personal hobby shop.....very cool
    Gidddy up.........

Boyz.....

It don't get much more organized than that...Looking good Rich
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Clown Maxx
    Boyz.....

It don't get much more organized than that...Looking good Rich
    Thanks bud. Now to keep it that organized

We be Jammin'
    Nice work area, now get that buggy together so we can see some pics.

I like the work bench, were did you pick it up at Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Team FSR
    I like the work bench, were did you pick it up at Rich?
    of all places, IKEA Its about the only "sturdy" thing they sell there

Nice!

You guys have your number games...I have my pages game

Edit: OMG...Rich beat me to it. I can never win. I either get beaten with time or moderaters. coughwaynecough

Let me know how this OPS compares to the EB mods P5, cant decide yet.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

www.dewintersign.com Devilmanak's Avatar
    Yep, I do cut, not printed. CAN do multiple colors though!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mugen Seiki
    Tony's Screws
    M2C Racing
    Anchorage House of Hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by $w!ft
    Let me know how this OPS compares to the EB mods P5, cant decide yet.
    I'll let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Devilmanak
    Yep, I do cut, not printed. CAN do multiple colors though!
    Got my Kyosho paint masks, Chirs, thanks bud

Pics Pics Pics...come on Rich

Disgruntled ex-postal worker saychz316's Avatar
    just thought of this. me and a carpeted rc room = wasted carpet & pissed off wife when i spray chemicals. lol...

my rc room is my garage. along with other things worked on in there.

i would be more than happy to hang on to the top engines for ya for a bit, if they were taking up space on the ops shelf there! would hate to see ya have those pesky spare motors taking up space and collecting dust! lol...
    They're paying for it, you eat it!

Quote Originally Posted by saychz316
    just thought of this. me and a carpeted rc room = wasted carpet & pissed off wife when i spray chemicals. lol...

my rc room is my garage. along with other things worked on in there.

i would be more than happy to hang on to the top engines for ya for a bit, if they were taking up space on the ops shelf there! would hate to see ya have those pesky spare motors taking up space and collecting dust! lol...
    Actually, only the 3 port is in those two boxes, the other box has head shims and some other spare engine stuff. Keeping the 3 port as a spare, just in case.

Will have a few build up pics tonight. Would have posted them now but Photobucket is down for maintenance.....

The build is going VERY smoothly so far. Doesn't look like I did much in one night but takes me a while to build a kit up. First I pre-tapped all the bolt holes on the diff cups, then I put a piece of 600 grit sand paper on my granite counter tops and lapped in the mating surface of each diff in a circular motion making sure that the surface is nice and true so you don't get any spur gear wobble and no leakage. The reason I pre-tap all the bolt holes before lapping the diff cups on sand paper is because the first time the bolt goes threw new plastic it "volcanoes" the plastic outward Heres a few pics.

More to come tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
    The build is going VERY smoothly so far. Doesn't look like I did much in one night but takes me a while to build a kit up. First I pre-tapped all the bolt holes on the diff cups, then I put a piece of 600 grit sand paper on my granite counter tops and lapped in the mating surface of each diff in a circular motion making sure that the surface is nice and true so you don't get any spur gear wobble and no leakage. The reason I pre-tap all the bolt holes before lapping the diff cups on sand paper is because the first time the bolt goes threw new plastic it "volcanoes" the plastic outward Heres a few pics.

More to come tonight.....

Rich, Did mine get all this lovin
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

Knowing that Canadian.....Probably.
    It's never good...it just has to be good enough

Hey Rich,
    Just as an aside, how many RCs have you had, say in the last 2 years?
    >>> Lee <<<<
    Be good or be good at it!

All of them
    Tom...

dood has deep pockets.....
    -Crash

And they all were the best

Quote Originally Posted by imaxx21
    dood has deep pockets.....

I think you are up on the list too Boyzzz

My rule is buy the best once and no wasted money on sup-par stuff that you just chuck to the side
    The Largest State in the USA---
    Alaska = 650,000+ Sq. Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Booyah
    My rule is buy the best once and no wasted money on sup-par stuff that you just chuck to the side
    Then how come you don't have a Mugen Boo? ......Bawahahaha

Tony P.
    Tonys Screws LLC
    http://www.tonysscrews.com

Get down Mr. President! emaxxer2002's Avatar
    Otherwise summed up in a much easier to say and remember, "Buy nice or buy twice."
    We Still Bleed Green!

Thread Information