Beeek's Installation Highlights - good skid flattening pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean 'mimic the HD one'?
    ...like the one in the pic? You can use that one. All you have to do is cut the ends off the fingers so it'll slip in between the frame and tank.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Comment

Yes, I did cut the fingers off way back at the beginning in post #10. I'm not talking about making another cover to replace the one in the picture. I'm talking about making a cover that looks like the one in the picture...for the slightly lower part of the exposed tank....so people don't have to chrome their tank like I did as shown in the attached pics...
      Attached Files

Comment

You chromed the tank??? Wow, the plastic is so dynamic (changing size with temperature) I wouldn't think that would last very long. Sure looks purdy though.

That's a majorly complex surface, I can't see any way to bend that up, it'd have to be a stamping = $$$$$, we are probably talking $5k just for the tool. Not going to happen.

Maybe some kind of really thin material that essentially glues on might work, that you could form the edges after. But I'd think even that would be cheap and prone to install errors, not to mention not at all durable.

I'll ponder it some more, but right off the top of my head it sounds like a pretty difficult and expensive task.
        "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMaxx
          You chromed the tank??? Wow, the plastic is so dynamic (changing size with temperature) I wouldn't think that would last very long. Sure looks purdy though.

That's a majorly complex surface, I can't see any way to bend that up, it'd have to be a stamping = $$$$$, we are probably talking $5k just for the tool. Not going to happen.

Maybe some kind of really thin material that essentially glues on might work, that you could form the edges after. But I'd think even that would be cheap and prone to install errors, not to mention not at all durable.

I'll ponder it some more, but right off the top of my head it sounds like a pretty difficult and expensive task.
          I actually only had the section done that you can see in the pics. I didn't think I'd be able to get the tank back in if I did the whole thing. It's a different process than normal...called cosmichrome, using a spray on plating process. It's pretty amazing...and much cheaper. Mine's not perfect but it's close. Some of the stuff I saw in the shop you wouldn't know the difference.
          http://www.goldtouchinc.com/cosmichrome/

If you did come up with something contoured it would be a big seller (I know you've heard that before). Everything else out there is just cheap, 2D, flat, and homemade looking.

Comment

Originally posted by beeek
            I'll bet those who don't have the tank yet drool when they look at these...
            Drooling while I wait for mine.

Comment

Working...
            X